Diecast Models

Four McLaren F1, you are a certified nut... :shock2:

:drool: One day I have to buy that model...
This "one day" is today. :cool: No pictures yet since I lent my digicam to a friend, but there is a thread in a german model car forum which has many very good pictures: http://www.modelcarforum.de/showthread.php?t=13439

It's very impressively detailed, even the steering mechanism is accurately reproduced: the steering colum goes into a box which incorporates a worm drive, the sprocket then turns a handle which actuates the steering rod (in the last picture of the first post you can see the steering rod below the framework). Sometimes you have direct worm drives from the steering colum to the steering mechanism between the wheels so you don't have unrealistically direct ratio when you turn the wheel, but that's almost overkill...

Additionally, the leaf springs are actually working as leaf springs, they are not solid, the hydraulic brake wires are all there, you can open the lid on the radiator grille and the fuel filler cap, the central lug nuts (and with them the wheels) can be removed etc. etc. :drool:

All in all a very impressive model which in my opinion justifies the pricetag, too. :)

yap I am and I am a carnut and love it :dance:

the cmc Bugatti is also great.

yap I am and I am a carnut and love it :dance:

the cmc Bugatti is also great.

Nope. You're a nut. You probably could've bought a real McLaren F1 with the amount of money you spent on your models. :p

I?m back with a really, really special model.

My first MR and its the Aventador.
I?m just speechless :drool:

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

Ilpav: There's a Kyosho High End F40 at the local store here in Germany and it's 170?!! I want one soooo bad.

I hope you don't think that mine is a Kyosho (it's just a Hot Wheels)...:lol:

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of spending so much money on a model car (I spent around $30 on mine).

Yeah, I know yours is the standard HW version, but being a fellow F40 lover, I had to share my pain :p

Hey, hey, hey...I ain't no F40 lover, I just have it for my collection of previous 4 flagship Ferraris (Enzo, F50, F40, 288 GTO; the F50 is my favourite out of those). :p

Nope. :p

I already have a HW 458 (non-Elite) that I got for $50. :D

There's a local shop here in Germany that is awesome. I haven't been in a store that sold real diecast since around 2004.

And this is what I found, for very cheap, too, might I add :D

Welly's 964 Turbo, which is a fantastic model and great value for money and the AutoArt's infamous R34 GTR Z Tune 2. Very pleased to find this one.
P1000552.jpg

Don't worry, Spectre, I got a gift, I didn't spend my own money :p

The Z-Tune is a beauty and really sought after.

I just got this beauty.

yeah the video is great.

Really want a Murci SV.

In the beginning of 2011 I made my plans what to get and what models can stay away.#
Well this Nismo actually was not on my list but I don?t regret it.

It just looks so nasty with its warrior-outfit. :drool:
I made comparism pics with his normal brother as well.

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4402.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

I have been looking for a couple of days now, however anything I found was a bit lacking in detail clunky or was a bit shabby.

I was wondering if by any chance anyone knows about a brand that that probably makes makes Pininfarina's finest Ferrari 250 Lusso
I have to accept I'll never own one, so at least I would like to have the chance to have to look a it for hours while I go to sleep.

Thanks you guys in advance =)

I rearanged my collection a little bit.
Still not perfect but in scale 18 you just have to make compromises or
built a house jut for your collection :lol:

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

Ah, finally you sorted the cars and gave them a bit more room. ;)

The Jaaaag next to the Sierra is correctly positioned, too. :p