Post Your Watches

Can't say that I've heard of them, but a bit of investigation shows them to be a small maker that deals in what are said to be handmade mechanical movements. Ebay seems to have several for less than $200, so I can't think it would be a fantastic watch, but I see no reason why a properly serviced one wouldn't be a nice watch, especially with a bit of family history to it.

Any ideas on watches similar to this one?

http://img153.imageshack.**/img153/2222/unledrqp.jpg

Just bought this Oris Divers. It's my first non-chronograph(however still contains a sub-dial for the seconds:can't get away from complicated designs). Simplistic, elegant, and a nice size(47mm).

643-7609-84-54-MB_mirror.JPG

The wave design on the black face adds a nice texture
news_image.693296.jpg

or-378.jpg

Well, I just got this... ;)

About $68 on Amazon, with the trusty Seiko 5 movement. I added a Zulu strap for $20.

Where did you get the strap?

If it?s somewhere that ships here, I might buy one too... :)

EDIT: Of course Amazon doesn?t ship watches to my address...why do I even try.
Oh wait, must be so the official deal can sell the same watch for USD400! Fuck you Amazon!
/rant

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one on that boat mate

We should start a "FG Screwed Over South Americans". :lol:

It is all a but ridiculous really, for instance remember the Edifice I wanted to Identify

51vCIFhwuKL.jpg

$117 on Amazon

$450 on local markets, IF (and that's a big if) you can find it

EDIT: Some of the items frequently bought together with that watch include the BB Storm

o_O

Last edited:
OK, now anything looking like that but for a much lower budget?

or you could get a Ticino Pilot watch (44 or 47mm) for around $130-$140, The seiko IMO is more bang for buck but if its the looks you're after ticino might be a good choice.

pilot_typeA003.jpg

tic_auto_pilot_06.jpg

316L stainless steel case
All brushed satin finish case
Diameter: 44mm, 48mm including crown, and 13.8mm thick
3 ATM water resistant
Slightly domed interior hardened mineral glass specially treated, virtually scratch proof on top glass
Solid Screw down case back with O-ring gasket for water protection
Brown Calfskin strap with signed deployment buckle. Fits 9 inch wrist, lug width 20mm
Automatic Citizen Miyota caliber 8215 movement (made in japan)
Movement holder metal
Dial black with Luminova
Hands with blue trim and has Luminova
Comes with, warranty card,Hang tag, and nice red presentation box

Last edited:
Just got this :p

http://img198.imageshack.**/img198/8978/imag0138uv.jpg

The week day dial on my friend's Orient is stuck on Wednesday. What could be the problem? He didn't drop it or anything. It's similar to this one

21.png

Just curious about the cause, he's gonna get it fixed I guess, don't know how much it can cost.

The week day dial on my friend's Orient is stuck on Wednesday. What could be the problem? He didn't drop it or anything. It's similar to this one

Either contact Orient directly or find a small independent repair shop. They're a small company, they probably don't have many official channels or distribution networks. It's got a year's warranty, so contact them through their website.

By the way, I just bought this for my dad for his birthday:

61SA9pxy1qL._AA1000_.jpg

$66 from Amazon, with free shipping. Yep, it's another venerable Seiko 5, but with a white dial and easy-to-read numbers, it's exactly what my father wants (at his age). The date function and clear caseback are cool, too.

It must be a new arrival to USA from Malaysia or Singapore, because Googling its model number turned up nothing.

Last edited:
Anybody else think this auction is too good to be true? I hope not, because I'm the top bidder.

MIR-GOLD-DATA-1.jpg

MIR-GOLD-DATA-3.jpg

MODEL
MEN'S WRISTWATCH. THE WATCH WAS MADE IN 1950's

MOVEMENT
VERY FINE & CLEAN USSR MADE MECHANICAL MOVEMENT WITH HAND STEM WINDING&SETTING. WATCH HAVE 18 RUBIES. SIGNED "trademark factory, 18 KAMNIEJ ?. IT IS FULLY WORKING AND KEEPS TIME. EXCELLENT CONDITION.
JEWELS
MOVEMENT HAS 18 RUBY JEWEL?S.
CASE
EXCELLENT PRESERVED 10 MICRON GOLD PLATED CASE, WITH STAINLESS STEEL BACK. SIZE: diameter without crown - 34mm. lugs tip to tip - 41m.

DIAL
ORIGINAL. NOS .VERY NICE WHITE & GOLD COLORED, SIGNED ?MIR, 18 JEWELS SHOCK PROOF"
HANDS
ORIGINAL. GOLD COLORED. CONDITION-EXCELLENT.
GLASS
NEW.

CROWN
ORIGINAL.CONDITION-EXCELLENT.

STRAP/BRACELET
NEW. BLACK COLORED 18mm
THE WATCH IS SERVICED AND TESTED

I finally found the fucking watch I wanted!
casio-edifice-ef-521bk-1av-nou-original-db2c2.jpg

Now I just need to shorten the strap...or maybe replace it with a zulu strap.

Last edited: