Lotus Appoints Swizz Beats VP Of Creative Design And Global Marketing

Dino

aka Dins
Car(s)
Porsche Boxster S / Audi A4 Avant
DSC_8421.800x-1.jpg

?Chillen in my beemer, listenin to Ether.? Well, Swizz Beats won?t be singing those lyrics anymore. Lotus has appointed American rapper and producer Swizz Beatz (Kasseem Daoud Dean) as Vice President of Creative Design and Global Marketing, this afternoon.

While Swizz Beatz has a broad creative background, having a portfolio that includes music producer, rapper, designer and painter, he?s also an avid car collector, owning a Spyker C8 and a Ferrari Enzo. Lotus has likely appointed Swizz to this position as a strategic move, that is clearly targeting buyers from a different demographic (to put it mildly).

Dean?s appointment follows on from an array of recent celebrity figures who have been recruited to take give their creative input to automotive companies. Last July, Victoria Beckham became the creative design executive at Range Rover, while Justin Timberlake is currently the brand ambassador for the Audi A1.

We await with baited breath to see just who the Norfolk-based producer of (for now) lightweight sportcars, chooses to bring into its fold next.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/08/lotus-appoints-swizz-beats-vice-president-of-creative-design-and-global-marketing.html

Wat?
Is it a fake position, just for publicity?
WTH is happening at that company?

Remember when Lotus built cars? Me neither.

Is it a fake position, just for publicity?
WTH is happening at that company?

I'll tell you what's happening in two words: Dany Bahar. An idiot who only cares about the PR side and who basically got fired from PR roles for two separate F1 teams in recent years.

First Victoria Beckham, now this douchebag. Tomorrow, the black guy off Judge Judy.

I'll tell you what's happening in two words: Dany Bahar. An idiot who only cares about the PR side and who basically got fired from PR roles for two separate F1 teams in recent years.

When I first heard his ideas for Lotus it sounded interesting, from a management point of view. But now I don't understand why they didn't just found a new company. What's the point of a brand name, if none of the connected values are true or useful for your product?

Lotus' new policy: "complexify and add heaviness." Light, simple sports cars being a core value of a brand for more than 50 years? Who needs that!

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Well, goodbye Lotus, been nice knowing you.

It's Swizz Beatz. And it's apparent that in the minds of most people rapper = useless ape. Prime levels of ignorance.

Colin Chapman's grave, earlier;

I once had the joy of attempting to explain the F1 Lotus naming debacle to one of Lotus' first employees.

He seemed to think that the Chapman era was long gone regardless of what's happened in the last couple of years, although didn't think that was necessarily a bad thing.

Lotus was and still is a business first.

Am I the only one who first thinks about money? Lotus is on the verge of introducing a new range of sportscars and they hired this guy for marketing purposes. I see it as Lotus's way of getting a lot of wealthy younger guys out of the typical Lambo/Ferrari or whatever they would normally buy when car shopping with a fat wallet.

Am I the only one who first thinks about money? Lotus is on the verge of introducing a new range of sportscars and they hired this guy for marketing purposes. I see it as Lotus's way of getting a lot of wealthy younger guys out of the typical Lambo/Ferrari or whatever they would normally buy when car shopping with a fat wallet.

Which would be fine if they got Jay-Z or Eminem... who in the fuck is Switzerland Beats?

I actually don't know any of his music but I still mean the same thing. We may not like it but Lotus seems destined for higher-volume productions and larger heavier sportscars will be a product of this. If this guy can help Lotus get it's name into the fray of other big car makers I say all the more power to both parties.

I love the lightweight stuff as much as anyone else but right now in 2011 I'm just thankful they aren't making 5 door hatches and CUV's.

Getting Swizz is almost better than paying an Eminem or a Jay-Z. He's primarily a producer, one that has worked with Kanye, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lil' Wayne, T.I. etc etc etc oh and he's married to Alicia Keys. If you listen to hip-hop, you know who he is. He's just started promoting the shoe deal he has with Reebok. Basically, from now until whenever this deal ends, you'll hear Lotus' mentioned and see them in the background of any song and/or video he's involved in...which is a lot. More than any rapper.

^
You haven't posted anything in over a year... are you Swizzley Beets?

Give it up, Danny....

...If I say it's a great idea can I have an Evora?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

1ae71e33.gif

Alica Keys is hot as fuck though.

Ganador, ganador--cena de pollo.

Bahar =

jbUfx.jpg