Random Thoughts....

Heh, it's a town of about 19 000 in the desert on the border between New South Wales and South Australia. It's an old mining town with big dirt piles all over the place which block out the barren, desert scenery that stretches in all directions. So it's pretty unattractive.

Isn't it with the railway, then there should be a way out :p

On the plus side, I'm told womenfolk outnumber blokes by two to one or something, so it might not be all bad!

Have you been told the age of the womenfolk :p

Heh, it's a town of about 19 000 in the desert on the border between New South Wales and South Australia. It's an old mining town with big dirt piles all over the place which block out the barren, desert scenery that stretches in all directions. So it's pretty unattractive. On the plus side, I'm told womenfolk outnumber blokes by two to one or something, so it might not be all bad!

I hear the night life can be interesting, though:
(And yes, the blonde TV is in fact Hugo Weaving, before The Matrix and LOTR.)

Heh, it's a town of about 19 000 in the desert on the border between New South Wales and South Australia. It's an old mining town with big dirt piles all over the place which block out the barren, desert scenery that stretches in all directions. So it's pretty unattractive. On the plus side, I'm told womenfolk outnumber blokes by two to one or something, so it might not be all bad!
Wait, there are women in Broken Hill?! I thought that ratio would be reversed, and then there's a greater than average chance that the remaining women will be lesbians.

I guess you live in Parkes already, so it might not be that much different :p

Funny you should mention that phoenixsac, the company are looking to put me up in the hotel where they filmed Priscilla Queen of the Desert :p

Sweet!

...but did you pack any dresses?

Last edited:
Random question: is it just me, or does the battery in the iPhone 4 not last as long as the one in the 3GS? I'm starting to think I might be making up use time since my battery on my old one was borked for a couple months (I dropped it. Oops.), but I don't know...this seems to eat through charges.

ETA: 5 AM and I'm still up. WONDERFUL. :sad:

Last edited:
coco

Meals: make your lunchtime meal your main protein intake and bias towards carbs in the evening. Avoid anything with caffeine or large amounts of suger after 5pm.

Go to bed at 11pm. Avoid major mental stimulation in the hour before. If you can't sleep avoid the temptation to get up and do things like going online. If your brain is active direct it towards pleasant memories rather than current or future issues. If you get uncomfortable then get up, make sure the bedclothes are smooth etc and move around for a few minutes in the dark before getting back in. Try stretching every muscle in your body in turn starting with your toes and working upwards then lay on your back with your arms crossed across your chest like a dead Pharoah and breathing slowly and deeply. When you feel yourself drifiting off move into your normal sleeping position and you will be out like a light.

Regardless of how you slept get up at 7.30 and have a good breakfast. Make sure you take at least half an hour's physical exerise per day and try to do all your job hunting, online stuff etc between waking and a normal bedtime. Don't allow yourself daytime naps.

Repeat all of the above until you establish a regular sleep pattern. Takles willpower and a week to 10 days.

How do you stretch your nose?

I to have heard.....'stories' about the womanfolk in the outback, be mindfull young grasshopper.....

If you drive a car with an infant in - free pass, the Police have to fill out 1,000,000 H&S forms if they stop you so do not; well unless you have done something serious.

If you drive a car with an infant in - free pass, the Police have to fill out 1,000,000 H&S forms if they stop you so do not; well unless you have done something serious.

Problem is: stealing infants seems to be frowned upon.

The more I hear about an' see the PS Vita, the more I want one. Now. :|

*Just saw trailer for Uncharted: Golden Abyss...

Right there with you, but my PSP has layed untouched for years, I just don't have the opportunity for mobile gaming anymore and wouldn't be able to carry it with me all the time anyway.

The Xperia Play should be perfect. It's an Android phone and a gaming system. Being a cell phone you always have it with you, and it fits in the pocket. Too bad it doesn't appear to actually be all that great spec-wise.

Reactions: Jay
http://cuiltheory.wikidot.com

One Cuil, denoted by the Interrobang symbol (?) is equal to One Level of Abstraction or Surreality away from the reality of a situation.
A complex scale of Cuils exists, with Positive Cuils (?) representing Surreality and Negative Cuils (-?) representing hyper-reality.

... damn, they?re onto me :bunny: