Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

yeah, but Kat had purchased a Asus EEE slate with a wacom digitizer that had the same issues.

It wen't back within a matter of days. I think it just depends on if your tablet has a Wacom digitizer or not. Most vendors chose N-Trig for the multitouch since they were first with that IIRC.

That's exactly what I'm saying, Wacom devices are different from touch screens so if you're after an iPad-except-an-actual-PC, there are options out there right now.

Was asked to fix a virus on a Dell XPS 420 yesterday, usual thing, fake AV which stopped you from opening programs, explorer, task manager etc. No problem i'll just boot into safe mode,on most PCs you just press F8 at start up, but no Dell had to change it!

Flipping moronic idiots.

Odd, it works on every Dell I've used, including new ones at work.

Don't count on getting a new ModBook anytime soon, Axiotron seems to have pretty much died since a few months... we've tried to contact them several times to get spare parts and complete kits for customers at my old job in Vancouver and they never answer emails, phone calls, etc.
And you have to add that to the fact that you can't get any new non-Unibody MacBook for your base machine, so it would be used base only. The most recent MacBooks you can use with the kit are already more than two years old.

Ouch, that sucks, but is understandable. Their products weren't exactly cheap + the buisness model fell apart due to the unibody design. Shame.

That's exactly what I'm saying, Wacom devices are different from touch screens so if you're after an iPad-except-an-actual-PC, there are options out there right now.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah I wouldn't mind something like the iconia or EEE Slate but prices need to come down a tad. :)

Last edited:
For references:
Kat's tablet #1
url

Kat's tablet #2
url

I have heard other people on dA bitching about similar issues with pretty much every single model of wacom tablet though, even though it seems less likely to happen with the current model ones which is why I assumed wacom was doing this on purpose to make people buy new ones because old wacom tablets are more sturdy than old toyota hiluxes, until I heard that intuos4s and bamboos were having issues too.
+ like rick said, I briefly owned the eee slate, now tablet pcs are a bit difference and someone not using it for drawing would probably not notice the drivers were fucked because what it did was slightly skew the accuracy and pen pressure. It is totally possible that other tablet pcs with different systems have the same driver issues but people don't notice because it is still accurate enough to be useable for not drawing.

Interestingly enough, if captain_70's is having issues that means it is in fact NOT a wacom specific issue, because he has a crappy brand that name escapes me right now tablet.

yeah, but Kat had purchased a Asus EEE slate with a wacom digitizer that had the same issues.

It wen't back within a matter of days. I think it just depends on if your tablet has a Wacom digitizer or not. Most vendors chose N-Trig for the multitouch since they were first with that IIRC.
The one I was talking about was a Wacom digitizer overlaid on the screen itself, one of those convertible things that can be a laptop and a tablet.

Interestingly enough, if captain_70's is having issues that means it is in fact NOT a wacom specific issue, because he has a crappy brand that name escapes me right now tablet.

Yah, Trust TB-6300.
trust%20tb-6300.jpg

Such an odd problem, and not one that I remember having back on XP. Although the drivers I have are specifically for 64-bit Windows 7 I wouldn't be surprised if it was just poor programming/testing on the manufacturers end to be honest...

It only happens when I lock the PC, too, standby etc doesn't seem to affect it. Irritating as I lock the PC whenever its out of sight and to get the drivers working they need to be re-installed and then the computer re-starting.
When you have an attention span as short as mine this becomes an issue! :lol:

How did Google come to the conclusion that a receiver and a recorder are the same thing?
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2011/08/19/receiver_recorder.jpg

Yah, Trust TB-6300.
Such an odd problem, and not one that I remember having back on XP. Although the drivers I have are specifically for 64-bit Windows 7 I wouldn't be surprised if it was just poor programming/testing on the manufacturers end to be honest...

It only happens when I lock the PC, too, standby etc doesn't seem to affect it. Irritating as I lock the PC whenever its out of sight and to get the drivers working they need to be re-installed and then the computer re-starting.
When you have an attention span as short as mine this becomes an issue! :lol:
Yeah that is the common trend across the board with the tablet issues, windows 7, and the drivers uninstall/become faulty when the computer is restarted. This screams windows 7 error if it is doing it to multiple brands of tablets.

How did Google come to the conclusion that a receiver and a recorder are the same thing?

That's a phenomenon related to their gathering of common misspellings. People may be searching for a recorder, and later search for a receiver. Google detects that they have some common spelling and deduces that one may be a misspelling of the other.

That reminds me. Does anyone know of any radios that receive digital tv audio? Several people at work miss listening to their soaps during the day.

In the article, they imply that Best Buy is just trying to get rid of Tabs because of poor sales, whereas I see it as bundling something people actually want in order to clear out some really expensive TVs that aren't selling.

In the article, they imply that Best Buy is just trying to get rid of Tabs because of poor sales, whereas I see it as bundling something people actually want in order to clear out some really expensive TVs that aren't selling.
Well lets face it reality is in the eye of the beholder.... (unless of course you look at the sales of Galaxy Tabs :p) Likely its both, 3D TV's aren't moving as well as they want them to since 3D is useless and costs more and Tabs aren't moving at all, cuz they are not iPads :p

Considering either a 4-bay NAS or basic HDD enclosure for my drive collection. Found a suitable model for my needs from Netgear, called the RND4000. Only problem, it's almost twice as much as a basic 4-bay external enclosure. For personal use, the difference in price is a big issue.

Drawing boobies and the like, I believe.