Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

I told this story a while ago in Random Thought, but I think it can be repeated in this thread....

What I just did.... I don't think I've done something that stupid in ages.

I "couldn't find" my phone. So I decided to call it from Skype. I opened Skype, dialed my number, and pressed call.... only to have the device I dialed on start vibrating.

Yes, I just called my phone from the Skype app on my phone because I thought I lost it.
:bangin:

:lmao:

That is incredible!

You can't drop that here just like that without all the details!

There really isn't much to tell, I'm afraid. Airplane was fresh out of overnight maintenance; somehow, a fifty-cent seal in the #2 hydraulic system got pinched, causing the aircraft to piss hydraulic fluid all over the ramp from the right engine. Everything seemed fine until we started to get all kinds of callouts and warning lights all over the cockpit as we taxied to the FBO for the first flight of the day. I've never seen more callouts and warnings outside the simulator.

On an unrelated herpaderp note, anyone else who wears glasses here ever spend several minutes looking for them, only to find them still attached to your (empty) head? I know I have.

Last edited:
I do it in reverse, I leave and get in the car and realize everything past my bumper is blurry and I have left my glasses inside. :lol:

Reminds me of the time in high school when I got out of the shower, can't find a towel, yell at my parents to get me a towel from the linen closet, only to realize, after they hand it to me through a barely-opened bathroom door, that I've had one around my waist for the entire time.

Many years ago, while doing my first solo flight, I bounced the landing pretty bad, and ended up applying full power and going around for another circuit.

Next try went well, landed smoothly, but when I turned the engine off, one of my fellow students asked me if I had a prop strike when I bounced my landing. When I asked him why, he kindly pointed at the tips of the propeller, which where bent 90 degrees.

Pic related, it's one of my old flight school planes with a propeller in a similar state as mine:

C-GBDY.jpg

Could be worse. My Dad managed to loose his entire plan sans the propeller. :p

Reminds me of the time in high school when I got out of the shower, can't find a towel, yell at my parents to get me a towel from the linen closet, only to realize, after they hand it to me through a barely-opened bathroom door, that I've had one around my waist for the entire time.
I have gotten the towel together and left it in the hall or something then showered before.

Walked around the whole house last night looking for my graphics tablet pen last night, I have an awful habit of walking around and depositing whatever I happen to be carrying in random places.
After about 20 mins I give up and attempt to search my bedroom again, then it dawns on me, its in my shirt pocket. :wall:

Not the first time that's happened either, glasses, wallet, pens, cards, keys, money all have fallen prey to my inability to remember my clothing has storage facilities... Possibly the best one was when I lost a ?20 note for a week before realising it was in my jacket pocket where I usually keep my iPod... :lol:

katwalk said:
I have gotten the towel together and left it in the hall or something then showered before.

I do that constantly. On the opposite side of the spectrum I almost got into a swimming pool wearing a shirt... My long sleeved, black, floral patterned shirt... How did I not notice this until it was pointed out?!?!? :?

You know the drill, Pics or it didn't happen.

We keep towels in the bathroom so I am not usually reduced to streaking. :p
Why do I need to bring a towel then? the bathroom towels are mostly decorative and more importantly white. Do you know what happens when you wash blue hair? everything else it touches becomes blue. I have to attempt to dry my hair with one of the green facecloths when that happens...

I booked a flight on the Delta Shuttle with only five hours to spare for a connection on a different carrier. I'm now on standby for the one flight that might take me there on time. Even AirTran was more reliable!

I locked myself out today on my way to the basement. I had the keys for my motorcycle with me because I wanted to check something about the cases and therefore forgot the keys to my flat. Cue visiting the neighbours, calling my parents from there and then waiting 45 minutes on the playground outside for my father to arrive with the spare keys because there was an accident-induced traffic jam on the Autobahn...

Bid on a watch strap thinking it was a watch. And guess, what? It's the first time I might actually win something on eBay.

picard-facepalm.jpg

D'oh!

Well at least you will have a nice peice once you get a watch.

I have a watch that needs a strap so, it's really not that bad.

Told the seller I made a mistake with my bid, he cancelled it.

everything_went_better_than_expected.png

Last edited:
For some reason whenever I use a my ratchet set I tighten when I want to loosen. Every single time, I've even adopted my dads way of remembering by turning an invisible bolt in the air to try and remind me. In then end I just start cranking the nuts/bolts and find which way gets easier...