Touchpad fire sale

Yup, mine just got cancelled.

The Best Buy rep that I talked to told me they usually get their stock o Tuesdays and Saturdays, but for some odd reason they got stock this morning too and was sold out in 1 hour.

So my plan is to stop by every morning when they open.

My Dad's order also got canceled. At least they've let people know but that'll be the last time I EVER use OnSale for anything. To not really know how many Touchpads they had on hand was sloppy. To leave us all in waiting for days was ridiculously sloppy.

Saturdays huh? I might have to plan an extra trip. Does anyone know if places besides best buy will still sell these. I heard some of the office supply places were returning stock to HP, but if not, I'd rather try there since I figure not many would expect to find a tablet at Office Depot, Staples, et' all

One of the Walmart sales reps told me that they had them on order, but had no idea if they will actually receive anything...considering the situation.

The rumours I've been hear state that Canada will get enough units for their orders before the 22 (which was confirmed by hp.ca,) and the americans (hp.com) will get the rest. The stock itself is actually from the states.

EDIT: Just got this e-mail from hp.ca

HP Canada said:
Dear valued HP Shopping customer,
Thank you for purchasing an HP TouchPad. We have been working to meet the overwhelming demand and are pleased to inform you that you will be receiving your TouchPad soon.
Orders will be filled in priority based on your day and time of purchase:
? 16GB model will begin to ship the week of September 5, 2011

? 32GB model will begin to ship the week of September 12, 2011

If you purchased a TouchPad at the original price ($399.99 for 16GB and $499.99 for 32GB), your credit card payment will be adjusted to reflect the new price ($99.99 for 16GB and $149.99 for 32GB). Further, if you have decided to cancel your order, please respond to this message by Friday, August 26.
Thank you for being a valued HPShopping.ca customer and for your patience as we process your order.
Enjoy your TouchPad!

Last edited:
Also should be noted that your FREE 50GB LIFETIME box.net account is worth $199.99 a year.

Box's CEO Aaron Levie:
"We?re absolutely still offering 50GB of free cloud storage to all TouchPad owners, and not surprisingly, we?ve seen a significant spike in signups through the Box for TouchPad app in the past few days, bringing total app downloads to 30,000," he said.

Anyone here interested in shipping me a pre 3?

Some enterprise dealers are reporting that they are awaiting HP shipments from Europe to arrive in US and Canada to fullfill the orders. From what they are told, all entering Canada have already been spoken for (either thru hp.ca or dealers) but our dealers were unclear about if the ones headed for the US were all claimed or not

Microshit just cancelled my order (I knew the store sucked when I tried to buy from them in the first place)

I was able to snag the last touchpad in my (rather small) town on sunday. I've been hunting for a few others since then, without luck. At $99/$149 I plan on giving them out as holiday gifts if I can find more.

I was able to snag the last touchpad in my (rather small) town on sunday. I've been hunting for a few others since then, without luck. At $99/$149 I plan on giving them out as holiday gifts if I can find more.

I will fight you at the store, Final Gear member or not! :p

Some enterprise dealers are reporting that they are awaiting HP shipments from Europe to arrive in US and Canada to fullfill the orders. From what they are told, all entering Canada have already been spoken for (either thru hp.ca or dealers) but our dealers were unclear about if the ones headed for the US were all claimed or not

Yes, looks like they are actually redirecting supplies from Europe to the USA, some dealers here were promised deliveries and got them cancelled now, which is a major dick move from HP.

Yes, looks like they are actually redirecting supplies from Europe to the USA, some dealers here were promised deliveries and got them cancelled now, which is a major dick move from HP.

HP, screwing their partners since...well ever. Seriously they nearly ruined every business relationship they had with this debacle

I think a lot of it has to do with those supplies being sold rather than sent back to HP without HP knowing, so as they get updated figures on how many are coming from where going to where they have to update their dealers telling them if they are getting any or not.

HP isn't exactly known for knowing where their own supplies are. In the past 3 months they have lost 2 fusers, 3 toner packs and 1 maintenance kit for us lol

My order from HP Home Store finally shipped last night. I was one of the earlier orders on Friday night as soon as it went live.

I would really like to know how many orders they received versus how many Touchpads they actually had. It must have been a nightmare to sort through all that and I'm surprised they are shipping this quickly.

Mine still hasn't shipped, should be Friday. But it has to go two two addresses and travel a minimum of 5500 miles. :(

Is the pre3 officially on sale at the reduced price yet?

Fingers crossed. Unfortunately there'll probably be jackasses buying a ton of them to sell on ebay just like the touchpad.

Edit: supertrader lists the pre 3 as no longer available.

Last edited: