Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

I wouldn't dare to paint mine if I had one, but that looks excellent.

Theoretically that COULD be a real Delorean.

wikipedia said:
Several hundred DMCs were produced without stainless panels, for training workers, and are referred to as "black cars" or "mules", in reference to their black fiberglass panels instead of stainless, though these were never marketed.

The epitome of awesome. Ragnotti reminds me a lot of McRae; hard charging and wild, but incredibly skilled and awesome to watch! This video also shows that front wheel drive is really under-rated in rally.

6h4xd5dc.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.**/img84/1833/dsc02531t.jpg

297512_10150291023397259_90463427258_7712833_1531176_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I once saw a movie of a black Delorean sporting a 20B 3-rotor. I wonder if that is the same car.

It's a shame the quality is so bad, but the sound of that car is amazing.

I once saw a movie of a black Delorean sporting a 20B 3-rotor. I wonder if that is the same car.

BTw, the black DMC is sexy, I've seen them painted all sorts of colors, the worst was the yellow one that came out of a maaco. Good lord that was ugly.

what's the yellow porsche-thing at around 1.00?

and god damn! that's a lot of fast cars!

Last edited:
Wow, that 1988 Lemans video is crazy. I can't imagine how awesome it would be to live right there.

I turned on the 24sec vid that popped up after from the same straight in 2010 and sure enough the modern ones aren't as loud. still insane though.

Le Mans. Mulsanne Straight. 1988. Unrestricted. Enough said

<anorak>

Jaguar - Toyota(unsure, possibly the old 2.1 4cyl turbo) - Mazda 3-rotor - Jaguar - Mazda 4-rotor - Cosworth DFL - Cosworth DFL - Cosworth DFL - unknown - Porsche - Porsche - Porsche - Cosworth DFL - Porsche - Cosworth DFL - Porsche - Mazda 4-rotor - Porsche - Cosworth DFL (in the back of a Spice) - Mazda 3-rotor - Nissan - Cosworth DFL - too much breakup - Cosworth DFL - Porsche - Jaguar - Mazda 4-rotor - Jaguar

</anorak>

I'll get my coat...

The sounds is REALLY crappy or is it me?