Awesome Thread

Very nice!

and this!!!

I've used both of those at school. It's not that easy irl. They have to do tweaks with cad software before the thing can move. That 3D-scanner is a pain in the ass to use. Something that simple is much easier to duplicate with a caliper and CAD.
Also I liked plastic type 3D-printer better because you don't need the resin.

Remember, the printer is always cheap. The cartridges are expensive.

I would say cost for that wrench is around 300?. Atleast it was back in 2008-09 when I used 3d printers.

Last edited:
The cartridges are mildly expensive but the wasted plastic that it goes through is ridiculous, there's a good 12 feet or more of wasted plastic when the printer stops working because of shortage of material. My shop teacher goes on a tirade every time we have to replace a cartridge because of the amount of waste.

Is it really that hard to get up from the computer and walk to 20 or so feet to the fridge?

And I know this is a coffin you are looking at, read the story.

HawkeyeandJT.bmp

Dog of Fallen Navy SEAL, Officer Jon Tumilson, Refuses To Leave Casket

The dog of fallen Navy SEAL Officer Jon Tumilson refused to leave his owner's casket at the officer's funeral earlier this week, Animal Planet reported.

Tumilson's cousin Lisa Pembleton captured the loyal pup, Hawkeye, resting alongside Tumilson's casket at the Rockford, Iowa ceremony.

KPBS reported that the former San Diego resident was killed in the Aug. 6th Chinook helicopter crash with 29 other American service members.

Pembleton contacted KPBS's Home Post publication with this statement:

"Hawkeye is/was his loyal "son". To say that he was an amazing man doesn't do him justice. The loss of Jon to his family, military family and friends is immeasurable. I hadn't planned on taking any pictures other than with family. However, from my seat at the funeral, I felt compelled to take one photo to share with family members that couldn't make it or couldn't see what I could from the aisle. This is that photo."

Video also at the link.

reminds me how much I enjoyed playing Q3 back in the days ... and how I had to upgrade my PC to even get it to run smoothly ... and how satisfied I was when I got my next PC (AMD Athlon 900mhz, Radeon 8500) that could run it on max-settings ...

reminds me why i never ever been interested in shoot em ups. i get hyperkinetic just by looking at that vid!

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/08/28/7evOw.jpg

Covered.