2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

So you're saying that Kobayashi isn't allowed to attempt a pass to get the place back?

Sorry, if you know anything about racing, you know that pass would NEVER ever stick. A slower car that was just overtaken, coming on to him from the outside into a chicane? Give me a break.

Edit: Massa... god damn ... wasn't there a soft tyre left? come on.

Last edited:
Vettel's front tires: Please blister more and get an extra stop. Kind of boring with you winning all the time.

Schumacher from 24 to 6 - too old my arse...

And webber is just flying :mrgreen:

nice pass from Webber over Alonso.

Webber catching Vettel 1 sec per lap.

*waits for team-orders* lol :)

Schui has driven one great race :)

Sorry, if you know anything about racing, you know that pass would NEVER ever stick. A slower car that was just overtaken, coming on to him from the outside into a chicane? Give me a break.

Edit: Massa... god damn ... wasn't there a soft tyre left? come on.

So wierd to see you defend Hamilton, haven't you always been one of his biggest critics (unless I'm mis-remembering)?

Well, fair enough, but my view would be it doesn't matter how likely Kobayashi would have been to make the passing attempt stick (I agree, there's no way he'd have got back past Hamilton there), he's still entitled to get his car alongside on a straight when his car's faster (the alternative would be for him to lift off the throttle down the straight - that would be strange).
The other factor we'll need to see, and we'll see this if we ever get Kobayashi's on board view, is whether Kobayashi had room to spare on his left and could have moved more left.

Some good battles sizing up now with Button and Webber on the move.

Well that was a disappointing end... was expecting more of a fight at the end with the red bulls struggling for grip, the Mercedes being faster than usual and the Ferraris with good pace... then Red bull found grip, Mercedes slowed down and Ferraris can't do shit with the harder tyres.

My driver of the day, Schumacher. From last to 5th, ahead of Rosberg, that's some driving right there. Good job by Button but I was expecting him in the podium anyway and Maldonado.
After the first laps when Massa got overtaken by Alonso you could just see him getting depressed and giving up. Not sure if he has it in him anymore.

Not the result I wanted to see. Here's to Manchester United making my Sunday a good one. :)

Well done to Vettel.

I wonder what would happen if Webber can actually get off the grid like everyone else, maybe a win?

Awesome drive by Button from 13th to 3rd and Schumacher from 24th to 5th.

ooo so many ladies right there hehe.

ahh i heart SPA so much :)

Wow, what a race :) Webber and Button were going like greased lightning and Seb is on the way to become the legitimate successor to 'Professor' Alain Prost - never spectacular, but always calculating.

And a healthy 'Up you bottom' to all people, who say that the old man has lost it - 24 to 5 - I suppose some people will have some tasty crow for supper.

Me likes it.

So wierd to see you defend Hamilton, haven't you always been one of his biggest critics (unless I'm mis-remembering)?

Oh don't get me wrong, I still think Hamilton is a careless prick who's been forgiven for shit one too many times, but in this case I honestly believe he didn't have much fault in an accident that ruined what was looking like a good effort with a car that was struggling.

Top drivers today (IMO of course):
1. Schumacher
2. Vettel
3. Button

Immediatly after the Ham-Koby-Crash I thought it was Kobayashis fault.
But after seeing the replay, where he just stays on his line, I agree to the stewards 50:50.

After all, especially for the first half of the race, it was a stunning race!

Eddie Jordan vs Martin Whitmarsh: WHOO. To be honest, my point of view is that Kobayashi wanted to try the outside of the corner, perhaps outbraking Hamilton. Amazing thing is that McLaren's DRS looks and performs like shit in this race. Kobayashi's straight line speed was really good with regards to a DRSed McLaren.

Oh don't get me wrong, I still think Hamilton is a careless prick who's been forgiven for shit one too many times, but in this case I honestly believe he didn't have much fault in an accident that ruined what was looking like a good effort with a car that was struggling.

I think it was largely his fault, but in saying so it's clear from the video that he had no idea Kobayashi was there. Kobayashi probably should've also backed out of it when he saw Hamilton coming across. Racing incident I guess.

Holy shit what a pass from Webber on Alonso at Eau Rouge though! I was expecting an almighty accident there, thankfully Alonso is a quality driver who gave enough room. Bellof would be proud.

Eventfull race this was!!

Mercs team order at the end was a bit pointless. Button drove superbly today and Sutil too! Massa was a huge disapointment and it seems Senna needed a wet race.

DRS made overtaking look too easy there.