The "New Toys" Thread

Does it have force feedback?

Nope on a rope. Never had a good experience with FFB sticks. Pfft, low end Logitech crap. Although I'm sure a G940 is pretty good, but it's a little bit on the pricey side :lol: It also seems to be the only currently produced force feedback joystick, maybe because all the affordable ones sucked. (I'd have to assume MS Sidewinder FFBs are good too because MS hardware all used to be rock solid - I only had the original Sidewinder - but even if you get a usb one you can't use them in 64bit windows they're so old)

Last edited:
I've been contemplating getting a joystick for the jets and helis in BF3.

Nope on a rope. Never had a good experience with FFB sticks. Pfft, low end Logitech crap. Although I'm sure a G940 is pretty good, but it's a little bit on the pricey side :lol: It also seems to be the only currently produced force feedback joystick, maybe because all the affordable ones sucked. (I'd have to assume MS Sidewinder FFBs are good too because MS hardware all used to be rock solid - I only had the original Sidewinder - but even if you get a usb one you can't use them in 64bit windows they're so old)

My logitech is pretty bad, but when I use my dads x52 i miss the force feedback and find it more difficult. If only thrustmaster made a force feedback version.

75% On these items. I figured the touchstone dock wasn't worth the 3 hour drive to the nearest store in stock.

hp-touchpad-case-2.png

HP-TouchPad-Keyboard.jpg

Just waiting on the touchpad to be shipped from hp.

http://img189.imageshack.**/img189/4218/20090108b.jpg

New joystick :banana: Thrustmaster T16000M. The stick is awesome, smooth action with zero wiggle, literally as accurate as possible, and the perfect size for my hand. Didn't want to spend the $150+ for an X52 Pro, don't mind stick only except that almost all stick-only options suck, completely satisfied. The button layout is a bit awkward though, because the stick's actually ambidextrous, just take the grips off and flip them around. I passed it over before because it's sometimes bundled with HAWX which is... well it's made to be played with a controller, so... anyways, because of that it's almost impossible to find any reviews that aren't based around HAWX, and anyone who would review a joystick with a game like that has an irrelevant opinion.

BTW, it used magnets, therefore it = awesome.

Nice, I bought this ages ago just for HAWX1. One of the best joysticks I've used and really well made. Good buy :D

I've been running a CX500 in my i5 Sandy Bridge server box since the start of summer. It's been running 24/7 with no problems whatsoever. Can't comment on how loud it is though, since it's not at my house.

It is quieter than my OEM version, my computer was quiet before but now the only way I can tell its on is the status lights.

Why hello there... :woot:

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2011/08/29/IMG_1503.JPG

New GTX 470 to go with my existing one as well as a new motherboard. Same as my old one but just a better version of it that supports SLI. :)

Nice, now go get some ram and get that machine up and running!

So... other than crysis2 that will require SLI, what other games are you playing that requires such a beefy setup??

Edit : Time to get an external USB DVD/BR-RW, no need for a silly internal unit. Rather use that space for moar HDDs.

Last edited:
Mentioned on the Photography forums, but my new Nikkor 50mm f 1.8 AFS G

6090573443_3d822c8b69_z.jpg

6090573887_42e07ca802_z.jpg

You appear to be missing some RAM :p

I realized that a few minutes later (it was still on the floor after being taken out of my old motherboard) and stuck it back in. :)

So... other than crysis2 that will require SLI, what other games are you playing that requires such a beefy setup??

He's getting ready for Battlefield 3.

Yep. I game on a 30" monitor at 2560x1600 so my single GTX 470 was starting to struggle with the latest games. I thought now would be a good time to help it out in preparation for Battlefield 3. :)

An SLI bridge as well.

Yeah. :( The motherboard was an open-box (but still new) off eBay as they don't sell this motherboard anymore (too old) and besides missing a few SATA cables it was also missing the SLI bridge I discovered last night as I was putting it together. Got a new one on order and so meanwhile just running the rig in single video card mode.

Last edited:
Finally placed an order for a Lenovo X220. Getting a 2.5ghz i5 with IPS screen, 8gb ram, 320gb hdd + 80gb mSATA SSD. Serious upgrade from an EeePC 901 ;)
Have to get it from Germany, once again, to save a massive amount of money, so it might take some time for it to arrive...