2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

Except that a look into the mirrors would have given him a clue. He was 3/4 lengths ahead, so he should have seen him. Going by assumptions is a bad idea at 315 kph. It is a race incident, but it was entirely avoidable had HAM used his mirrors and stayed on his line

Yes and he is going home with 0 points. He will be very aware and probably ask himself this quesion tonight, when he rolls in his bed: "Why the hell didn't I look in the bloody mirror?" That's punishment enough, I think.

The huge gap between Vettel and his pursuers is not only because he his a good driver and has the best car in the field. The gap is mainly so big, because his pursuers mess up a lot.

Those who complain about Vettel having so many more points and that the championship is boring, share the fallacy with the Schumacher haters 10 years ago: You cannot seriously blame people for doing their job too good. You must blame the rest for doing it not good enough.

Last edited:
Don't think he did it intentionally. I am not surprised it happened at the first hairpin on the first lap. And just looking at the result, I don't think Button finishing on the podium after starting 13th means race ruined, behind a usual Red Bull demonstration.

So he overtook your favourite driver, why's that a dick move? That was the bloodiest bestest overtaking move since Hakkinen toasted Schumacher down Kemmel many moons ago.

When was Alonso my favourite driver? I'm sure I've established myself as a Webber/Mclaren fan.

If Alonso didn't yield they would both be fucked and that's why I didn't really like it.

Wow, what a race :) Seb is on the way to become the legitimate successor to 'Professor' Alain Prost - never spectacular, but always calculating.

Well by looking at his focus so far, is clear to see he is completely mind driven driver. If you want to add that he is German... we are always calculating.
It worked for Mr. Prost and Schumacher before, guess it pays off to adopt a winning mindset.:p

Seeing Bruno's face trough the helmet is just so weird - he looks exactly like Ayrton. And he's in a black&gold Lotus as well.

I remember. The same happened to me when I first saw him at Bahrain 2010. Even Martin Brundle mentioned the same during his cometary.

Hamilton yet again not using his mirrors.
Also; Yay!

Oh don't get me wrong, I still think Hamilton is a careless prick who's been forgiven for shit one too many times.

This has just popped up on Twitter....

After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past.

Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me. Best wishes, Lewis

http://twitter.com/#!/LewisHamilton/status/107861248397426688

http://twitter.com/#!/LewisHamilton/status/107861663805480960

So this probably ends the discussion about that incident. :)

HAM vs KOB : Racing incident, hamilton didn't expect kobayashi to come back for a re-pass, so ham edged left for the ideal entry line. Kobayashi on the other-hand thought hamilton saw him and would give room.

...Yeah right. If there is something I've learned over 4 years of watching Hamilton, is that he'll always take a chance to pull off his Senna copycat

Hamsta2.gif

Watching the race, my first though was: "Today's Chapter: psychological warfare @ 6:01 - 6:17"

In my view, Hamilton wanted Kobayashi to back off on that one... Yet didn't work and comes clean and sweet with the media (just like in the press statement after Hungary) so he could get away with it.

Don't take me wrong. I like quite like Hamilton for the way of his relentless fight in order to get to Formula 1, but in my opinion using Senna's moves, career mishaps or mistakes to justify whatever behaviour comes to me plain lame. However, unlike Hamilton. Senna absolutely knew how to work his tricks at his advantage.

EDIT:
Take a look at the above and bellow vids at 8:36/9:54 marks respectively.
Quite makes it clear of the mindset he's been building over the years off/on the track.

Last edited:
autosport on adrain newey, regarding the blistered tires on the red bulls

Red Bull's Adrian Newey shouldered the responsibility of starting his drivers with the blistered tyres they'd used in qualifying. As Tony Dodgins says, if nothing else it was a ballsy call, as was Mark Webber's dive down the inside of Fernando Alonso at Eau Rouge

Adrian Newey is an intense competitor but, other than those times when someone has sprayed champagne in his face, how often have you seen him with wet eyes?

At the end of the Belgian Grand Prix though ? a Red Bull 1-2 ? he sat quietly on his pit stool for a few extra moments, tears in his eyes. It wasn't delight, but relief.

^It's all cool man.
Though this was the 2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix discussion board which one could make his point clearer than with a hundred words

But, is it really your connection that bad?
Just saying

Last edited:
^It's all cool man.

People have been told to keep it to 3 or 4 gifs per post in the gif thread. You sometimes post like 10. We get it, you visit f1gifs.tumblr, we'll go there from now on to watch very low fps versions of tidbits of a race if we feel like that's the thing to do.

Well, I don't visit. I make the gifs in conjunction with my team-mate which keep it relevant to the topic specially for the ones who are outside the UK, instead of spamming the forums with publicity from our site.
But yeah I forgot. Haters gonna hate anyways.

tumblr_lnyp0upi6t1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Last edited:
You might wanna look into another project mate. They're not very good nor relevant.

Which is more irrelevant than the most shity thing I could ever do.

What is getting annoying is the subscription notifications just to see is comment from mpicco while I am working on the F1 2011 Soundtrack

I wonder how he manages to make a post with his suckass bandwidth
... Whatever.

Now can we please move on

Last edited:
Calm down, he asked politely whether you could restrict flooding the thread with gifs. One or two may be ok, per page, but it is kind of annoying when you have a whole page full. Chances are, if we're posting in this thread then we've seen the race (at full definition and fps) and dont need a blow by blow gif representation.

^It's all cool man.
Though this was the 2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix discussion board which one could make his point clearer than with a hundred words

Just saying

It's not only about the bandwidth.

And yes, it's bloody annoying to post in the F1 section when you are constantly bombarded by off-topic comments, gifs, more gifs, facebook/twitter like comments / status updates, and countless of retarded posts from noobish forum members.

It's not only about the bandwidth.

And yes, it's bloody annoying to post in the F1 section when you are constantly bombarded by off-topic comments, gifs, more gifs, facebook/twitter like comments / status updates, and countless of retarded posts from noobish forum members.

You called?