Random Thoughts....

I can't fall back asleep. I hate being sick. :(

I'm sick of this. I'm officially fed up.[...]
You need to clean your head of your thoughts. Audio-books do it for me when I?m stressed and can?t clear my head. I listen to what they talk about, and while I imagine it in my head - my other thoughts turn silent, I relax and start to sleep. I would suggest an mp3-player with a timer though that turns itself off after a while ...

You need to clean your head of your thoughts. Audio-books do it for me when I?m stressed and can?t clear my head. I listen to what they talk about, and while I imagine it in my head - my other thoughts turn silent, I relax and start to sleep. I would suggest an mp3-player with a timer though that turns itself off after a while ...

this. i ALWAYS have an audio book running at night before i go to sleep and it really helps a lot. usually half an hour is more than enough for me.
[i have it running on my PC, media player classic has the option to shut the PC down when its finished playing.]

If I have to get a cane at some point I will have one painted either by a local hot rod body guy or my friend who built a paint shop in his garage for motorcycle parts. Alternative canes include a sword cane (unfortunately illegal even with a CFP - don't ask me why), a flask cane, or some kind of super utility cane with a flashlight, pocket knife, USB memory stick, etc. I don't even know if they make such a thing, but they should.

I will just have to make a system to hold it on the motorcycle.

In other news, my verbal smackdown of State Farm last week paid off. Literally. After three years of pending or actual litigation and six months following their offered settlement, I finally got word from my attorney that they are paying what they promised. I got the paper work in my email today to release them from liability and accept the settlement. I guess threatening them with another lawsuit (this one with damages not limited by a policy limit, so the potential liability to State Farm was in the millions in punitive damages), motion to compel payment, threat of a Sheriff's Sale, and complaints to all the attorney's general offices and boards of consumer protection in the entire country paid off.

Let this be a lesson to other companies that think it's a good idea to jerk me around. I will win, and I will make your lives so miserable that you will give me what I'm due and you will be happy to do it.

Do. Not. Fuck with me.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/08/30/fuck_20yeah_20words.png

The insurance co. knows most people will just bend over and take a low ball offer so they fuck with everyone. Kudos to you for standing up to the tools.

Most peeps I know that ride and use a cane, use a fold up cane. But I know one guy that has made a mount that attaches to a fork upper and runs along side. Will try to get a pic of it.

Your insurance companies do not meet their obligations without significant legal threats?

Wow, glad we have ours, if they get a legal decision against them will comply in a reasonable time - always afaik.

Your insurance companies do not meet their obligations without significant legal threats?

Wow, glad we have ours, if they get a legal decision against them will comply in a reasonable time - always afaik.

When some ass ran up the back of my car, I called them once to explain what happened. They sent a truck to come and pick up my car and the next I heard from them was that my car was ready and how to claim the cost of car rental (sucks to be the dude that ran up the back of me)

It wasn't a legal ruling against them, they offered a settlement based on their liability under the policy and I accepted to avoid trial. At that point they are supposed to pay up, but they kept delaying.

My boss is getting me a mac at work to work on the product brochures.

But I feel bad because another guy who's been working here about 4 years longer then I have has been asking for a new toughbook for about a year now because his is on it's out(makes funny noises).

You just know he's going to come in the office today and do this.

Rage_face.jpg

Nothing I can do. I guess I'll just do this.

leo_Strutting_Meme_37.jpg

So I just got back from a week working at Reading Festival - all I can say is that I just got paid about ?300 to essentially go to a barebones festival in the return that I had to stand around doing nothing all day just in case a fire broke out. :lol:

The reason for applying for the job other than the money? Muse were headlining and they played the whole of Origin of Symmetry all through. And it was fucking awesome. Be jealous; that's Muse gig number 6 bitches :D

Reactions: MWF
Could be all the protein shakes etc.

It is better, especially if you are having trouble sleeping, to take in your main protein intake at lunchtime and veer towards carbs in the evening as they make you dopey. It was one of the things we were advised to do when weaning the kids ie protein at lunch and the evening meal to be mainly rice/pasta/potato as it helped get them to sleep. Even now since they are older they eat their main meal with us in the evening and it's quite startling how a very tired and grumpy 5 year old can then get quite hyper within 15 minutes of finishing dinner.

I only have protein shakes once in the day, and that's right before workout. For dinner we always have rice and veggies (sometimes Chapathi and veggies). Rice usually puts me to sleep as you said, it's a soporific staple. Yesterday night when I came and posted this, I returned to my bed feeling a huge sense of fatigue. As soon as I lay down in my bed again I felt wide awake/not so sleepy. I decided that it must be either the pillows or the bed itself causing the problems. So I swapped out the pillows and I was able to fall asleep easier. Maybe that was it. Maybe the pillow was so unyielding on the back of my head that it almost kept it propped up. I'll have to try this again tonight obviously but it's worth testing the theory.

this. i ALWAYS have an audio book running at night before i go to sleep and it really helps a lot. usually half an hour is more than enough for me.
[i have it running on my PC, media player classic has the option to shut the PC down when its finished playing.]

Ok, sounds like a good plan. I'll give that a go sometime soon.

Last edited:
Or there's always, y'know, some 'erb! You might as well, we all know you're a closet Rasta, bredren!

Soon come! :nod:

Or there's always, y'know, some 'erb! You might as well, we all know you're a closet Rasta, bredren!

Soon come! :nod:

JA mon

Don' worry, 'bout a thing. 'Cause every little thing, is gonna be alright....

Yesterday night when I came and posted this, I returned to my bed feeling a huge sense of fatigue.
I don't know how you can exercise as hard as you do and be unable to sleep. I often come home from the gym and zonk out after eating, waking up just in time to go to bed.

Great-granny living at home (Age: 101) has fallen ill

Oh shit doesn't even begin to describe it

I kind of want a chair patterned after the helm/ops stations on NCC-1701D to go in the living room to be a reading chair. Minus the console, of course (unless it is functional, in which case, bring on the console!)

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/08/30/c60cf530077b74598683c4c437dd69da.jpg

/nerd
I remember reading that the design department would get their seats from automotive salvage yards. I can buy that - having recognized the seats in the runabouts from DS9 as being from an Oldsmobile 98 Touring Sedan.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I've accidentally read a spoiler about the audiobook I'm listening to.