Random Thoughts....

Last day of the month. Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Also, fuck yeah Melbourne!

I remember reading that the design department would get their seats from automotive salvage yards. I can buy that - having recognized the seats in the runabouts from DS9 as being from an Oldsmobile 98 Touring Sedan.

With Runabouts, Shuttlecrafts and maybe even the Defiant, I have no problem believing that. The Enterprise's bridge chairs, on the other hand, look bespoke to me.

Great-granny living at home (Age: 101) has fallen ill

Oh shit doesn't even begin to describe it

Aaaaaaand she had a stroke. under observation now. Not even sure what to think atm

My thoughts are with her, gaasc. :comfort:

Last day of the month. Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Also, fuck yeah Melbourne!

For a split second I read that as "Fuck Melbournian!" :lol:

Sarah McLachlan is performing at the Flight 93 Memorial the 10th of September. Dwell on that, you may have a "wait, what?" moment.

Also, I installed Sim City 3000 on work computer, since I am alone from none to 1:00 pm, and from 5-6:00 pm. Oh, and it will definitely pass the time this Saturday when I work from 7 to 4.

What!? :lol:

I just had a massage and it turns out I have whiplash...from a go karting accident...that happened FIVE MONTHS AGO.

No wonder I've been getting such bad headaches all this time.

Must make my way to the local Office Depot soon. I heard they are hiring for a job that I might be able to do. I heard they were pretty desperate to find people, but it may or may not be actually true. I didn't anything listed on the Office Depot website's posted jobs list.

Also... I've gotta talk to the one store manager about getting less hours and trying to take the weekend off two weeks from now. (Gotta get car stuff done and it's my birthday/stuff to do.)

I found Burn Notice to be a good test taking show. I only got two wrong, but that was down to my wonderful way my brain reads questions sometimes.

Third night in a row since arriving in LA that I have to stay at a shitty motel. I'm pretty sick of the crappy motel experience: yesterday I went to the worst motel restaurant in the world that was so bad, it should be immortalized in a Leonard Cohen song. Then I saw a spider the size of a fist in my room. Tonight I'm at some crappy apartment suite that smells like Chinese cooking and that I'll probably see an old Asian lady shuffle out of the kitchen after making lo mein in black fabric slippers.

I really hope I can get a fucking apartment soon?I saw a really nice one today but it won't be available until the 15th. I will be checking out two more tomorrow after work, and by then hopefully I'll find a fucking place to fucking stay. God dammit.

Sign me up. :wicked:

The paper mill in my old home town is closing down; the multi-national corporation that bought it just a while ago is driving it down now. The news broke today. It'll be a lethal strike to an already dying town; five years from now there'll be nothing but houses, flea markets and a service station by the highway.

Ausi topgear is dope.. US topgear sucks..
Uk topgear is the control.

yup.. 3:30am and im very awake.

The paper mill in my old home town is closing down; the multi-national corporation that bought it just a while ago is driving it down now. The news broke today. It'll be a lethal strike to an already dying town; five years from now there'll be nothing but houses, flea markets and a service station by the highway.

Being from Kajaani, I can feel your pain.

nitpicking time! ;D

why does the film industry have such a difficult time making prop rocks (or fake rocks) look real?
Movies that have budgets over 150 million rarely do it right.

Woop, turned 3 broken things into one working thing! :D

Sadly they were industrial weigh scales from a salmon packing factory so I now smell of fish. <_<

public said:
The paper mill in my old home town is closing down; the multi-national corporation that bought it just a while ago is driving it down now. The news broke today. It'll be a lethal strike to an already dying town; five years from now there'll be nothing but houses, flea markets and a service station by the highway

Sounds like the UK, every small town is full of closed down shops and small businesses. Back when I went to Kirkcaldy college I was always surrounded by massive derelict factories, nice Victorian architecture though. The college itself was a converted factory by the waterside, looking at photos most of those places were still being used up 'till the 70s. :(

When you have an elderly person living at home, you know that their day is sooner rather than later. I suppose however that nothing can actually prepare you for when the day actually comes.

The stroke was too much for her. A CT scan showed her brain lying in a pool of blood, or so I'm told

I hate funerals, I always stand there looking like an idiot, hoping my rubber face doesn't betray me.

It seems I'm the only one keeping a level head right now, reckon the penny hasn't quite dropped yet.

Apologies if I seem a bit dramatic for a couple of days, it's just that one of the most important persons of my life has passed on The woman that made me hate coffee,took care of my as both of my parents worked, the list goes on.I never even got to say goodbye.

Gathering thoughts now as you can see, trying to keep a stiff upper lip is becoming a bit difficult. messages are elcome

:hug: oh sweetie, so sorry for your loss

Thoughts are with you