Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Challenger

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • I hate all Muscle/Pony cars

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
If I was buying, it would be the new Mustang. 3.7 or 5.0, I really wouldn't mind either, since they're both great engines/cars for the money.

The Challenger and Camaro are both about even after that for me. I love the looks of the Challenger more than either the Ford or Chevrolet, but it's more expensive and still in 3rd place performance wise. Although Chevrolet and Dodge are probably a lot more desperate for sales than Ford, so who knows what sort of deals you might swing.

What muscle/pony car is best?

Miata!

amidoinitrite? :lol:

Now, my opinion; we all know that the Challenger is crap, so it's between the Camaro and the Mustang.

Wow, hang on a second here. We all don't know that the Challenger is crap. In fact, I think it is the closest thing to the muscle cars of the late 60's/early 70's.

The Camaro on the other hand - that is what is utter crap. So plastic-y, and yet so heavy. So aggressive, and yet so bloated. Independent rear suspension - how does that help when the damn thing weighs 2 tons?

I think GM had it right with the new GTO and even the late F-bodies.

Mustang. I think the Camaro is a prettier car, but it's interoir is shite, and it's hard to see out of, and the Challenger is just pure cheese. For the time being, the Mustang is way ahead of the competition, and the new one is only a couple of years away, with it's proper IRS and smaller size. I can't see either the Challenger or Camaro getting past the Mustang any time soon.

Last edited:
For me, in this country I'd say the VXR8 is the best you can buy.

I'd buy the Challenger though if I was ever in the position to buy one, because it looks like a Hot Wheels car.

Dude, the C63 AMG starts at $58200, about twice as much as all the others. Muscle cars are supposed to bring big horsepower to the common man. Most people can't afford $58200 for a car.
$58200?! Fuck that's cheap! That's common man affordability right there.

For the record, the cheapest C200 costs that much here, let alone a C63 AMG.

Hence, in this country, either a Falcon XR6T, XR8 or Commodore SS is the best muscle car. The FPV and HSV versions are not worth the price premiums IMO. I'll have an SS Sportwagon, in black please.

$58200?! Fuck that's cheap! That's common man affordability right there.

For the record, the cheapest C200 costs that much here, let alone a C63 AMG.

I find that hard to believe, a C63 AMG here is ?109,000. While I know our car prices are bonkers, 3 times the US price? WTH?

*edit: A C180 BlueEfficiency is ?35,000 here.

Last edited:
I find that hard to believe, a C63 AMG here is ?109,000. While I know our car prices are bonkers, 3 times the US price? WTH?

*edit: A C180 BlueEfficiency is ?35,000 here.

I think you guys might be misunderstanding a bit, those muscle/pony cars are around 30000 USD, and the C63 AMG is 58200 USD. As of this morning (morning where I live) 1 USD = .935 Aussy Land Fun Bucks, = .694 Funny Euros, = .613 British Pints

Also, certain car companies decide that they can have the people of a certain nation for a lot more. For example; the BMW 1M is around 40000 British Pounds, while it's 42000 USD, even though Pounds are worth a little bit more than 1.5 USD. So prices for each car will vary widely.

'68 Hemi Charger is obviously the best. :p

It's a hard call. Ask me this a year or two ago before the Mustang refresh and I would have never picked the "plain" looking Mustang. But now with that front end overhang, it's damn gorgeous...

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2011/08/31/800px-2011_Ford_Mustang_v6_Coupe.jpg

Still though, compared to the Challenger and Camaro it still looks rather plain. A reminder:

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2011/08/31/800px-Dodge_Challenger_RT_--_03-31-2011_1.jpg https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2011/08/31/800px-2010ChevroletCamaro-05-1.jpg

The Mustang is also a LOT more common. I see them all the f'ing time but rarely see a Challenger or Camaro.

That said, I'd still probably go with the Mustang. :lol:

You just wait till I get my small block chevy! It will be a Cobra that handles!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/112_9709_dodge_viper_versus_shelby_cobra/viewall.html

Rolling on semi-modern tires, the Cobra makes remarkable handling performance numbers. The Shelby hit 1.04 lateral g on the skidpad and clicked off a sizzling 71.8-mph slalom speed. Running on a slicker surface, the new Viper RT/10 couldn't match these numbers. It generated 0.93 on the skidpad and averaged 68.5 mph through the slalom. At a grippier test venue, the RT/10 should be able to make numbers equal to those of the functionally identical Viper GTS. That would be 1.01 g on the pad and a record 73.6 mph in the slalom. The Cobra stops from 60 mph in 130 feet, while the heavier but fatter-tired RT/10 needed 3 feet more.

Would be the Mustang. Wouldn't have one parked outside for no reason. It's only a V6 though.

163089_472291576622_611066622_5968983_666670_n.jpg

It's only a V6 though.

Makes as much power as the old V8 though, right?

For reference, my V8 has 260 HP and 302 ft lb of torque.

Makes as much power as the old V8 though, right?

For reference, my V8 has 260 HP and 302 ft lb of torque.

No, my V6 makes 305 horsepower, but only 280 ftlbs of torque. That, and the new limited slip rear axle ratio of 3.31 and sticky perelli tires that come with the performance pack mean that it'll do 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Which isn't bad for a V6. The V8 up to 2009 was making 300 horses and 320 ft lbs of torque, which could get it from 0 to 60in 4.9 seconds.
What year is you mustang?

No, my V6 makes 305 horsepower, but only 280 ftlbs of torque. That, and the new limited slip rear axle ratio of 3.31 and sticky perelli tires that come with the performance pack mean that it'll do 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Which isn't bad for a V6. The V8 up to 2009 was making 300 horses and 320 ft lbs of torque, which could get it from 0 to 60in 4.9 seconds.

Sorry, I meant the current V6 was as good as the previous generation V8 (i.e. mine). I have a 0-60 time of 5.4 seconds as well.

What year is you mustang?

<-- over here (2001 GT)

Having heard the 5.0 stang, which made my ears orgasm, it wins my vote.

The engine should dominate the experience in a muscle/pony car, and the new 5.0 is probably the best engine I've ever experienced. (this includes the BMW M V10) Torque from down low as you would hope for in a V8, but absolutely saturn-v thrust above 5,000rpm. It free rev's quicker than my 13b. The induction noise is pure BMW M-division and the exhaust note is absolutely small block Ford. In a word, it is magical. The idea of a 305hp V6 sounds appealing, and separately, it is. However, when you put it alongside it's bigger brother, it just isn't fair.

Cadillac CTS-V