Idiots+motorcycles=LOL

Again, in theory, the higher the speed, the less is the tolerable margin of mistake (misaligned wheel -> change in trajectory + instant weight redistribution -> crash -- in my mind), but I wonder how much this same gyroscopic effect takes care of that problem.

I don't really think so. As long as you don't mess up spectacularily, like landing with the front wheel at full lock, the gyroscopic stability at higher speed should be enough to sort that out.
For reference, there's a video on YT of a deer basically jumping into a bike blasting down a country road, but since the rider has the presence of mind to let loose on the handlebars the bike just stabilises itself again.

I don't really think so. As long as you don't mess up spectacularily, like landing with the front wheel at full lock, the gyroscopic stability at higher speed should be enough to sort that out.
For reference, there's a video on YT of a deer basically jumping into a bike blasting down a country road, but since the rider has the presence of mind to let loose on the handlebars the bike just stabilises itself again.

Yup, the gyro effect is surprisingly powerful on a motorcycle.

There's also that animated GIF of the race footage clip where the racer crests a hill and gets the bike seriously airborne at over 100 mph... While canted over significantly.

The bike didn't flop over, roll over or anything. Thanks to the gyro effect, the bike stayed at that attitude for most of the not insignificant duration of the flight.

As for singularly dumbest and most dangerous common stunt that I've seen? Aside from pure insanity, like the Black Devil's videos, probably the 'Air Christ.' Some guy around here fell off while attempting one, for example, and his bike went on for a couple of miles with no operator on board.

Last edited:
Landing a wheelie at speed is actually easier than landing a slower one due to gyroscopic precession.

Johnny: Jesus, hold your fucking horses, man. Now we're gonna steal their
smack? Slow down.

Billy: Slow? Hold up, wait, ooohhhh. Jesus, physics lesson, fuckball. Do you
know how motorcycles work?

Brian: You about to get schooled.

Billy: Centrifugal inertia. Meaning the quicker your wheels go, the more
stable you are. The faster we go, the harder we hit it, the more us
brothers pull together. That's why we do what we do, that's how we do
what we do.

:D

This guy is from Spain, but after couple years in Poland his favourite word is "kurwa". ;) No need to translate, all the time he says "o kurwa, I`m really sorry, kurwa, I`m terribly sorry, kurwa, I`m so sorry, kurwa". Basically it was a show about safe driving in EU.

Last edited:
This guy is from Spain, but after couple years in Poland his favourite word is "kurwa". ;) No need to translate, all the time he says "o kurwa, I`m really sorry, kurwa, I`m terribly sorry, kurwa, I`m so sorry, kurwa". Basically it was a show about safe driving in EU.

LOL.

My polish sucks, But that was a common word ;)

"sorry sorry".. LOL

Last edited:
A good demonstration of motorcycle gyrostability (not an idiot, just a followup to prior posts above):
[video]http://ilovepwnage.com/video.php?v=MTk0Mjk=[/video]

In keeping with the thread title: For those that don't know what an Air Christ (aka Christ Air) is, here's a video of some idiots performing the stunt on their bikes.

Last edited:
Fake and gay, but still - I LOL`d.

Ahh yeah, didn't like it much too much riding around on crappy bikes :p

Are choppers and Harleys really hated that much by those who ride/like sports bikes? I haven't ridden either of them, but I do like the look and sound of a nice Harley; mainly because of Arnie's "Fatboy" from Terminator 2:

Are choppers and Harleys really hated that much by those who ride/like sports bikes? I haven't ridden either of them, but I do like the look and sound of a nice Harley; mainly because of Arnie's "Fatboy" from Terminator 2:

Oh I got no clue how they handle or anything (I don't ride) but motorcycle dynamics in GTA 4 sucked. :)

Umm, well they shake, alot. That can be quite uncomfortable after a while.

They cost alot more than their Japanese competition.

They aren't really that refined.

Those large footpegs and other chrome bits hurt the bikes cornering clearence. (bike can't handle as well)

Acceleration times, while rivaling that of most entry-level sports cars, are no match for most other bikes.

Ergonomics get mixed reviews. I personally don't like the forward foot controls on most Harleys. I prefer my foot controls to be farther back.
The reclined position on these bikes often causes lower-back pains too.

But if you want a cool-classic looking machine, that rumbles and vibrates, then get one.

Acceleration times, while rivaling that of most entry-level sports cars, are no match for most other bikes.
Not really, they are about on par with my car.

You forgot to mention the 80s-GM-like build quality and the tendency to overheat. :p

Also, they try to sell 'the lifestyle' instead of the actual products. The "Hog Tales" thread (this is a repost) on the Yamaha FZ01A forum details the adventures of an HD salesdroid, and he's the one that posted the sales manual indicating that the sales personnel should emphasize the image and the lifestyle over the actual capabilities of the bike and sell based on that. The original images have been removed, but fortunately the Internet seems to have saved some copies.

HD1.jpg

hd4.jpeg

HD3.jpg

hd2.jpeg

Selling the image and not the bike (because the bike doesn't have much substance) isn't exactly popular among bikers.

Last edited:

Harley is the only motorcycle maker I know of that charges $8k for a bike with less than 50hp. The others sell bikes with 70hp+ for that much.

A good demonstration of motorcycle gyrostability (not an idiot, just a followup to prior posts above):
[video]http://ilovepwnage.com/video.php?v=MTk0Mjk=[/video]

In keeping with the thread title: For those that don't know what an Air Christ (aka Christ Air) is, here's a video of some idiots performing the stunt on their bikes.

Little surprise that they're on gixxers, the bike of choice for all the idiots out there... not that I'm complaining as it helps keep my preferred motorcycle brand's reputation clean for the most part.

Last edited:
Worked for Apple :p (though they do make great products)

Yeah, but then it doesn't matter. You can buy it for the 'lifestyle' and you still end up with a great product, or you could buy the product based on its own merits, get a great product and dump the entire rest of the baggage that goes with it.

Harley can't do that, as they don't have the great product to start with. :p

I'll stick with my Honda's. Hope to pick up an early cbr or a Honda Hawk by next spring.
Always wanted a hurricane. Ended up riding a 88 xr600 to work everyday for about 2years. Miss that bike, Even if it tried to break my leg a couple times starting it.

Or maybe a pc800.. They are pretty good to ride.

Last edited: