The official 2011 season MotoGP thread!

What a cracking race!

Now, don't tell me THAT ws boring.

Well done to Dani for the victory, mid race I thought it looked like a Stoner win but it sure didn't turn out that way.

Three great seperate scraps up front. Spies looked totally cool in the second group and mugged Harpo at the line. (LOL at the leg waving, was there some problem between them I didn't see?)

Shame not to see the Ducatis more involved, but they had a good dice with the Suzuki of BAL who pipped them both at the end.

:cool:

EDIT: So, ten hours later and just me.

:tumbleweed:

Jeez, you guys are a tough crowd.

Last edited:
Finally a race that i didn't turn off!
And SUZUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a second bike in there ffs!

Amazing race. And Moto2 was just as good.

Sachsenring providing the goods as always. Steady performance by Pedrosa, Stoner looked like he was having pretty big grip issues about halfway through. Shame that Simoncelli couldn't stay with the first group, but at least he ended up having a good fight with Spies. Excellent start by Rossi, but somehow he lost momentum after catching Bautista and Hayden. Nice to have multiple groups with good racing again.

I've said it already but Sachsenring is just a brilliant track. Especially the last three corners, the right hander to the downhill, the left hander after the downhill and the uphill left hander to the main straight. Always exciting corners. Not the first time I see a pass in the final corner of the final lap and a drag race to the finish line (Lorenzo/Stoner). What year was it when we had three or four bikes side-by-side to the finish? My favorite race on the calendar by far.

Laguna Seca next, I assume that shouldn't be too bad for the Yamahas. Looking forward to it.

Great round of the MotoGP championship. Pity the TV director wasn't as up to the job as the men riding the bikes.

Best finish to a 125cc race in a while, Moto2 was excellent and GREAT to see Dani win after a horrid season thus far (and he stuck it up the naysayers). Lorenzo and Stoner are making for an interesting championship battle. Ducati look lost at sea and I can't see the dark days getting much better anytime soon. Time to ditch the CF frame and go back to the trellis frame.

Time to ditch the CF frame and go back to the trellis frame.

The last trellis frame Ducatis (GP7 and GP8) weren't exactly great handling bikes either, they just had a power advantage over the rest of the field, especially the GP7. Apparently Ducati were to hold a meeting on sunday evening to decide whether Rossi would go back to the GP10 chassis or continue with the GP11 but I couldn't find any news of what their decision was. As far as I know, Hayden is going to continue with the newest chassis.

The last trellis frame Ducatis (GP7 and GP8) weren't exactly great handling bikes either, they just had a power advantage over the rest of the field, especially the GP7. Apparently Ducati were to hold a meeting on sunday evening to decide whether Rossi would go back to the GP10 chassis or continue with the GP11 but I couldn't find any news of what their decision was. As far as I know, Hayden is going to continue with the newest chassis.

I think the meeting was to decide between going back to the GP11, or stay with the GP11.1 (GP12, with de-stroked engine to bring displacement down to 800cc). I don't think going back to the GP10 as been talked about yet.

Hayden hasn't got the 11.1 yet, he was suppose to get it at Laguna Seca, but this might be put on hold if they think the 11.1 was not good enough.

Last edited:
I think the meeting was to decide between going back to the GP11, or stay with the GP11.1 (GP12, with de-stroked engine to bring displacement down to 800cc). I don't think going back to the GP10 as been talked about yet.

Hayden hasn't got the 11.1 yet, he was suppose to get it at Laguna Seca, but this might be put on hold if they think the 11.1 was not good enough.

Oops, I thought they had only tested the GP11.1, I didn't even know it was being raced so I assumed the previous version was the GP10.

Been a while since I made a post here but nothing has really changed.

Stoner and HRC are working very well together as is Dani when healthy, Lorenzo (and Spies at times, especially at Assen and Indy) always up the front and the Ducati mounted riders are looking lost at sea with no end in sight to their miserable season.

A real pity Rossi is wasting his twilight years on MotoGP on such a POS but then he made the move to Ducati. Carlos Checa has invited Rossi to ride at the Nurburgring this weekend on the 1198 SBK machine.

Cheers.

To be honest, Rossi wanted a challenge when he left Yamaha...
As a Suzuki Fanboy i'm stocked that they have finally got some speed again! Now get a second bike in there you fools!

suzuki fanboy? what do they have to be a fan of? :|

John Hopkins has been given a wildcard for Malaysia so Suzuki will enter 2 bikes there! \o/

Hope MotoGP's better next year. I'm a Rossi fan, and it hasn't been great to see his struggles this year. I haven't found that many races that exciting too, such has been Honda and Stoner's dominance, and the poor number of bikes on the grid for the premier form of bike racing is a little depressing too.

As I say, hope it is better next year.

Just confirmed, he succumed to his injuries.

RIP Simoncelli. Most interesting rider of the field. Gone before he could show his full potential.
It's going to be very difficult to watch Moto GP from this day on.

So many large accidents this weekend alone at Malaysia. I'll be surprised if it returns to the Moto GP calendar.