FTT83.jpg
bueJr.jpg
9WpaE.jpg
PFpGA.jpg
rXOLM.jpg
iwWFV.jpg
VW-Nils-Ruecklicht-fotoshowImage-e8950a9-529727.jpg

:cool:

one seat? so... the bmw C1 closed completely and with 2 additional wheels? nah! if at least they'd have put a second seat behind the driver, but this way... :dunno:

I realy think this place needs a 'electrical/hybrid/ecobullcrap' section.....

This is just the VW version of the Audi Kabinenroller we saw camouflaged a while back?

I'm thinking the point of this is as a personal commuter or runabout -- if you only need to transport one person, why lug about extra seats, thus cutting down on economy?

I'm thinking the point of this is as a personal commuter or runabout -- if you only need to transport one person, why lug about extra seats, thus cutting down on economy?

Then why lug about unneeded bodywork on nice days, and if you're not hauling much of anything why have that heavy trunk on the back?

Oh, right, we already have a solution for that.
IMG_0112.JPG

I never said I agreed with it, I just said I could see the thought process behind it. :p

While you are in traffic, Spectre, look around you and tell me, would you want those guys riding a motorcycle? I sure as hell know that I wouldn't. :p

Then why lug about unneeded bodywork on nice days, and if you're not hauling much of anything why have that heavy trunk on the back?

Oh, right, we already have a solution for that.

Well, does the VW have an A/C? :p
Because that is a good reason.

While you are in traffic, Spectre, look around you and tell me, would you want those guys riding a motorcycle? I sure as hell know that I wouldn't. :p

Yes, actually. In fact, I think everyone who isn't disabled should be required to ride a motorcycle for at least two years before being allowed to operate a car.

1. It would increase awareness of motorcycles.
2. It would decrease the irrational fear many have of motorcycles. There are reasonable fears about motorcycling, but many of them are just dumb.
3. Most importantly, stupid people would be more likely to be killed or not get licenses in the first place, thus cutting down on the number of idiots on the road.
4. Finally, the surviving stupid people would be causing less damage to others than they would be in a car, and as stupidity would be rewarded with pain, they might learn to at least be a little less stupid.

Well, does the VW have an A/C? :p
Because that is a good reason.

The next generation Goldwing motorcycle is rumored to be coming with air conditioning. It already has heater functions and an air bag.

Last edited:
Hehe Nils. I hope their next prototype is called VW Stig. Or VW Leif. G?ran might be too much to hope for. VW Bengt.
If you drive a VW Bengt, you can go to McDonalds and order a McBengt. It'd be a great tie in. Mmmm McBengt.

More products should be named after ordinary names.
Next year: Renault Yvette. Volvo Sven.

Last edited:
Yes, actually. In fact, I think everyone who isn't disabled should be required to ride a motorcycle for at least two years before being allowed to operate a car.

1. It would increase awareness of motorcycles.
2. It would decrease the irrational fear many have of motorcycles. There are reasonable fears about motorcycling, but many of them are just dumb.
3. Most importantly, stupid people would be more likely to be killed or not get licenses in the first place, thus cutting down on the number of idiots on the road.
4. Finally, the surviving stupid people would be causing less damage to others than they would be in a car, and as stupidity would be rewarded with pain, they might learn to at least be a little less stupid.
As interesting an idea as that is, it wouldn't work. Loads of young people here in the UK start out on 50/125cc motorcycles, get a car a couple of years later and still drive awfully and crash like its going out of fashion.

An idiot will still be an idiot whether they ride a motorcycle, drive a car or walk everywhere.
The next generation Goldwing motorcycle is rumored to be coming with air conditioning. It already has heater functions and an air bag.

Air bag... on a motorcycle... I can in no way, shape or form understand how than would work... at all...

Also congrats on VW building a Messerschmitt bubble car 50 years too late...

These things have no place in a world where small cars are so affordable. Bubble cars had their place back when you couldn't afford a motorcycle and didn't want to get wet in the rain, you bought a bubble car. Then we invented the Mini, Hillman Imp, Fiat 500 and various others so you could have a car that was actually a car.
Also I get the feeling this wouldn't be cheap, it'd cost a fortune and a lifestyle accessory, in which case it can burn in Hell...

I do wish concepts were more like they used to be, in the whole "Look! I'm pointy and bright green! I look like I'm from outer space and I'll drive at 170mph everywhere! I get 12mpg and don't give a shit because I'm an awesome concept car!" sense...

As interesting an idea as that is, it wouldn't work. Loads of young people here in the UK start out on 50/125cc motorcycles, get a car a couple of years later and still drive awfully and crash like its going out of fashion.

An idiot will still be an idiot whether they ride a motorcycle, drive a car or walk everywhere.

Oh, no, I propose that they be allowed to ride literbikes after six months and for safety gear to be optional. The problem will then be largely self-correcting.

I'd also venture to put forth the notion that the British populace as a whole tend to be worse drivers than Americans (and most everyone else for that matter.) It's extremely, extremely rare for even rural teens here to roll their cars, let alone end up upside down in a field surrounded by sheep that are no longer living and bits of what used to be your parents' vehicle, for example. And an actress who isn't considered a very good driver over here managed to beat out all the Brits on the SIARPC chart at the time, as you may recall, to say nothing of Tom Cruise.

Air bag... on a motorcycle... I can in no way, shape or form understand how than would work... at all...

Very well, actually.

Last edited:
I like it. Safer than a bike and takes up less room than a car.

:blink: Somehow I don't think that outdoor AC will be all that effective.

:blink: Somehow I don't think that outdoor AC will be all that effective.

Works just fine - one, the Wing generates a static bubble of air behind the fairing while it's moving, much like the bubble in a truck bed. Cool that bubble and it works great. Second, and a cruder method, but possible if you have a powerful enough system, is to simply blast cold air out in the direction of the rider. That works too - many restaurants and cafes use a similar system here during summer, only with an evaporative cooling system or misting systems.

Even if all that doesn't work, there's this:

I'm waiting for the Lofgren limited edition. :D

I like it, someone fetch me some coffee I'm feeling light headed.