"Scientist dies in GWiz that imploded after crash."

The only thing I can think of that is quite as unsafe or similar to a G-Wiz is that weird "Invicar" they made in the 60s for disabled people.

However:
On 31 March 2003 it became illegal to drive an Invacar on British roads. The veteran vehicle could not stand up to modern day government regulations requiring approval under the Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval Scheme as part of a standard set by the European Union. There were still around 200 Invacars in Britain prior to the 2003 recall and scrapping program. Hundreds of stockpiled Invacars in government warehouses were scrapped along with all their spare parts. Examples survive in the hands of private owners and museums in Britain and abroad.
Hell, at least it had a purpose, to provide mobility to the disabled and wasn't just some pointless eco-mentalist crap.

I'd be interested to know just how much safer the G-Wiz is given that a 40mph will probably kill you in both of them... The seatbelt would have been useless as it's clear the whole car has snapped in half, not wearing it because it would crumple clothes merely shows the drivers stupidity/complete inability to have a sense of priority.
Even on a motorcycle (even disregarding the added maneuverability) you have a greater chance of surviving if flung off the cycle than being stuck in the death trap of a G-Wiz. I find it hard to believe that people choose to buy and drive them, considering you'd be safer in pretty much any small car from the 1950s onwards or even on a motorcycle...

However I don't think it should be banned, if people choose to drive a obnoxiously unsafe vehicle then fine, but should they be killed or injured while driving it when a normal vehicle would have been safe let it be known it was their choice and they ultimately caused their own death.

However I don't think it should be banned, if people choose to drive a obnoxiously unsafe vehicle then fine, but should they be killed or injured while driving it when a normal vehicle would have been safe let it be known it was their choice and they ultimately caused their own death.

The guy she ran into probably disagrees with you there.

I have yet to see the first G-wizz here, but we do have ALOT of 'Ligier' type cars, 50cc engine , limited to 45 kph, only a scooterlicence needed or no licence at all it the driver is old enough.
Yikes! They are not driven by hippies, instead they tend to be driven by people who are quite simply to stupid to pass a drivingtest and have no idea at all about any sort of roadrules or even basic traffic behaviour.....I've seen these things going the wrong way down one-way streets, round roundabouts in the wrong sence, driving on the bycyclepath (wich was weirdly fitting realy) ignoring red lights.....the list is long and the stupid is mindbogling.

To make matters worse, when approaching from a distance, especialy at night the damn things look like just another ecobox, including fake licenceplate.

The guy she ran into probably disagrees with you there.
Inadvertently killing somebody is a risk all drivers run, such is the nature of heavy metal boxes on wheels moving at speeds humans aren't designed to cope with.

This risk will never diminish, even at the edge of spectrum you have pedestrians who walk into the road without looking, suicidal cyclists and people in huge 4x4s crashing into hatchbacks.
Every time I drove by a school or through a town I was aware of the fact that if somebody were to run out in front of my driving school's Proton I'd be the one behind the wheel who may or may not get it stop in time.

If you start mandating the world so nobody has the risk of experience mental pain due to accidentally killing somebody then the world would grind to a halt.
IMO it would also be one more stop in the direction of "this has been declared unsafe, so you aren't allowed to do it", so lets limit all cars to 40mph and make them out of rubber lest somebody be injured by one. I live in a house of 19th century design, the banisters are wobbly and the roof timbers are probably past their best. Do you think I should stop letting people cross the threshold because they run the risk of falling down 3 flights of stairs or have a roof fall on them?

As James May said in one of his shows, if somebody invented the car today it would never have been allowed, it would have been to dangerous and unsafe to even consider... The same goes for everything, electricity and gas in everyday houses, that'd never get done today. Nor would aeroplanes or boats... or pretty much anything for that matter.

Technological progress is dangerous, but I for one am glad our ancient ancestors didn't stop using fire because somebody might get burnt, and the person who lit the fire might suffer guilt because of it.

I think they need to really get the whole driving is dangerous thing across better. All the safety shit makes people think "this is a new safe car, I won't get hurt!" without considering the other person might not be. I think most people our age are more scared of dying from the sun (cancer) even if they don't really worry about that much either.

:clap: Are you sure you're 19, Cap'n? That is one of the most cogent points I have ever seen on the Interweb.

I think my golf cart has a better frame than that. :blink:

Even on a motorcycle (even disregarding the added maneuverability) you have a greater chance of surviving if flung off the cycle than being stuck in the death trap of a G-Wiz. I find it hard to believe that people choose to buy and drive them, considering you'd be safer in pretty much any small car from the 1950s onwards or even on a motorcycle...

More so on a motorcycle, because the safety issues aren't hidden by tinfoil bodywork that makes someone think it's a car. This being the case, many of us choose to go around wearing armor and other protective clothing. It would also be appropriate to wear them in a G-Wiz, but the pseudocar bodywork means that people don't realize that they really should.

This.

More so on a motorcycle, because the safety issues aren't hidden by tinfoil bodywork that makes someone think it's a car. This being the case, many of us choose to go around wearing armor and other protective clothing. It would also be appropriate to wear them in a G-Wiz, but the pseudocar bodywork means that people don't realize that they really should.

That would also crumple her clothes...

You can get loads of different disabled-oriented controls as factory options in many VWs, just get a real car.

INVACAR

How cool/dangerous is that! :lol:

the only thing that's good about it is the Postman Pat font used on that poster. Maybe they were hinting at something when they made it?

invacar1.jpg

INVACAR

How cool/dangerous is that! :lol:

Considering one of the less well known features was that the damn thing would go 82mph, as I've just learned, VERY. That's just nuts - were they trying to have the drivers kill themselves off or something?

WRONG! It's clear to see you aren't a taxpayer. Every death on UK roads costs the country over ?1m. Allowing people to choose to drive a vehicle that is clearly as unsafe as the G-Fail makes no fiscal sense whatsoever. We're supposed to be reducing road casualties in this country, not permitting dangerous vehicles onto the roads and increasing the likelihood of more of them.

You can get loads of different disabled-oriented controls as factory options in many VWs, just get a real car.
Or do it like our member Adrian and get hands-only controls fitted in a V12 8-series.

You have to feel for the other driver, he killed someone. If she was in a 'real car' he wouldn't have to live with that everyday.
It's pretty clear who did the killing, and it wasn't the Skoda driver, who had full right of way.

Being able to absolve yourself of blame is not a personality defect - it's abuse is.

Last edited: