Automotive Deal-breakers

Here is one I see a lot that JohnK reminded me of:

Salvage Title cars being sold for the same price as non-salvage title cars. Seems to be common practice in a couple of the local area car ads.

Also, cars being vastly overpriced. See: 1996 Mirage that's garaged with 88k miles for $4500 dropped to $4000. At best you could maybe get $1500-$2000 according to averages in car pricing guides (as in, more than just KBB). Now if that were a Toyota or a Honda of the same age you would most definitely get $4000.

4 spoke/crappy looking steering wheel. For instance my car came with two types of a steering wheel, if it were this one I wouldn't have bought it
audi-a6-steering-wheel.jpg

Also, cars being vastly overpriced. See: 1996 Mirage that's garaged with 88k miles for $4500 dropped to $4000. At best you could maybe get $1500-$2000 according to averages in car pricing guides (as in, more than just KBB). Now if that were a Toyota or a Honda of the same age you would most definitely get $4000.

For there to be a dealbreaker there would have to be a deal :p

4 spoke/crappy looking steering wheel. For instance my car came with two types of a steering wheel, if it were this one I wouldn't have bought it

+1

I'm looking for an A4 and most of the 3.0s i were looking at were PERFECT... aside from the stupid 4 spoke steering wheel those could be optioned with.

2002_audi_a4-pic-30279.jpeg

I've always liked four spoke wheels. I dunno why but they look just a bit better.

I prefer one-spoked. :p
EJQCK.jpg

In the future I'll only buy cars with wheels that levitate using electromagnetism fucking magic.

Last edited:
+1

I'm looking for an A4 and most of the 3.0s i were looking at were PERFECT... aside from the stupid 4 spoke steering wheel those could be optioned with.

2002_audi_a4-pic-30279.jpeg
I HATE that shit, the one in the picture also looks to be a CVT (shifter gate is different for the manual control)

For there to be a dealbreaker there would have to be a deal :p

It would be if it were under $1000. =P There are some people who do look for the Mirages purely for the light body to transplant a 4G63t engine. Personally I'd rather buy the Lancer Evo itself if you are doing that which is purposely reinforced (AWD also) and doesn't suffer from as much understeer (and dare I say oversteer too?) as a normal Lancer/Mirage chassis does.

Also my steering wheel has the 4 spoke thing too. I don't like it myself because the spokes and the dumb grooves for fingers don't work for my hand size and how I drive (10 and 4), but I can't really do much about that now can I?