Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
LanciaVoyager_01.jpg
LanciaVoyager_03.jpg
LanciaVoyager_05.jpg
LanciaVoyager_06.jpg
LanciaVoyager_02.jpg
LanciaVoyager_04.jpg

:cool:

I hope this gets some different engines and I bet it will.

If they literally just shipped over rebadged Dodge Grand Caravans into Europe it would be a suicide move. I guess with a decent diesel these could sell a bit.

You mean one of these? Chrysler Grand Voyager.
nCiFE.jpg

They have sold them with decent diesel engines for years with, for an american carmaker, great success. 2.8 liter CRD engine.

Last edited:
The Caravan has a great v6. I was surprised how rapid it is. However, the fuel mileage is pretty abysmal.

Lancia is now Plymouth?

Uh, we've had Chrysler Voyagers for years now. Since the '90s. The current one is probably the most popular American car here, and it's had a diesel engine for ages. I imagine the situation is similar in Europe. So the car is nothing new, the Lancia badge, however, is.

I guess this means the End for the Lancia Phedra (Eurovan based), doesn?t it?

Lancia_Phedra_II_20090620_rear.JPG

edit: seems like the Phedra is "dead" since 2010. my bad.

i've always thought those looked cool. Very american looking.

You mean one of these? Chrysler Grand Voyager.
nCiFE.jpg

They have sold them with decent diesel engines for years with, for an american carmaker, great success. 2.8 liter CRD engine.

:nod: the voyager always has been a great seller in europe. Hopefully this lancia version will do just as well. In the UK it (and other chryslers) will still be sold as chryslers.

While it is indeed possible to see some Chrysler Voyagers in Europe, my impression is that the previous generations were a lot more successful than the current one. I wonder how much of them are they going to sell as Lancias. Even though the brand already went through many changes in market positioning over the years (usually to the worse), it was never really a family brand.

There were 4 on a platform sharing arrangement - Pug 807, Ford Galaxy, VW Sharan and the Lancia - not offered in Ukania as Lancia withdrew from the Ukanian market a number of years ago.

There were 4 on a platform sharing arrangement - Pug 807, Ford Galaxy, VW Sharan, Citroen C8, FIAT Ulysses and the Lancia - not offered in Ukania as Lancia withdrew from the Ukanian market a number of years ago.

FTFY. ;)

Oh OK - got these two mixed up.

First generation (1995-2010) The name Sharan is derived from a Persian word meaning "Carrier of Kings".[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] The Volkswagen Group subsequently rebadged the Sharan in 1996, and sold it as the SEAT Alhambra alongside the Sharan. All variants were produced at the joint venture plant AutoEuropa in Portugal, alongside the closely-related Ford Galaxy. Each of the three MPV models had its own subtle differences in exterior, and, for the Galaxy, in interior design. The first generation's initial design was completed under Greg M Greeson, an American designer employed in Volkswagen's Advanced Design Studio in Duesseldorf, Germany from 1989-1990.

Yeah, there was a Lancia badged version of the eurovan, but has anyone ever bought one outside of Italy? Besides, it was really just a fancy trim level of the Fiat Ulysse, which was always meant to be the mainstream version, but this time it seems that there will be no Fiat badged alternative.

Yeah, there was a Lancia badged version of the eurovan, but has anyone ever bought one outside of Italy? Besides, it was really just a fancy trim level of the Fiat Ulysse, which was always meant to be the mainstream version, but this time it seems that there will be no Fiat badged alternative.

yeah. I guess fiat figures that if people really want a 7 seat fiat, either the Doblo or the new Freemont would do.

I guess this means the End for the Lancia Phedra (Eurovan based), doesn?t it?

Lancia_Phedra_II_20090620_rear.JPG

edit: seems like the Phedra is "dead" since 2010. my bad.
There was a Lancia Van 8 years in production and I never ever saw one? That says something...

The (Grand) Voyager is well known, I don't think these "Lancias" will sell well over here...

While it is indeed possible to see some Chrysler Voyagers in Europe, my impression is that the previous generations were a lot more successful than the current one. I wonder how much of them are they going to sell as Lancias. Even though the brand already went through many changes in market positioning over the years (usually to the worse), it was never really a family brand.
Yes, first generations were popular family cars. I associate the later models with bigsize taxis.

There was a Lancia Van 8 years in production and I never ever saw one? That says something...
I recon you?ve seen some ... but after the first 5000 Peugeots, Citroens and Fiats looking almost exactly the same, they sort of turn into white noise ... and you don?t notice them anymore and don?t look for the small differences no more. That said, mobile.de only lists 2 for sale within 100km of your location ... so they are pretty rare. Edit: to my surprise that Number doubles in my region to 4 in the same radius ... so that might be a regional thing.

Last edited: