just realised that this comes out in Europe 3 days after NA

what the fuck EA

Last edited:
just bought my bf3 system

Antec P183 V3 Super Midi Tower Case - Gun Metal Black
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail
MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
MSI P67A-C45 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **
Samsung SH-B123L/BSBP 12x BluRay ROM / 16x DVD?RW Lightscribe SATA-II Optical Drive - Black (OEM)
G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply (CMPSU-750TXV2UK)
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro CPU Cooler

Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (HD103SJ)
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp - OEM

Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Thermal Compound (5g)
Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 9 5600 DPI Wireless Gaming Mouse
HP ZR24W LCD IPS 24" DVI-D Monitor

probably going to play the single player on ultra then put it down to low for the MP and get many many fpses :drool:

Why, once you get over 60fps there is absolutely no benefit, so you may as well turn on the eye candy and enjoy it more.

low settings generally make it easier to see people, no hiding in shadows ect if you don't have them enabled. In BF2 i had everything except geometry and view distance on low.

low settings generally make it easier to see people, no hiding in shadows ect if you don't have them enabled. In BF2 i had everything except geometry and view distance on low.

I doubt BF3 will have the same effect as the low settings in bf2 did. BC2 doesn't have the same massive differences between high and low that bf2 did.

Suck at games less. Plus BF3 has no baked lighting, I don't think you can turn off lighting. :p So, why build such a beastly computer if you plan on intentionally not using it?

It's september, when's the beta coming? Can't wait!

Suck at games less. Plus BF3 has no baked lighting, I don't think you can turn off lighting. :p So, why build such a beastly computer if you plan on intentionally not using it?

Well i do plan on using it, to play BF3. The settings I play at will really depend on how good the engine is, for example in BF2 if you went in for a bombing run in a jet then you would go from 150fps pointing at the sky and get a very noticeable slowdown when you point the plane at the ground (fps would drop 75% normally) so having everything on low negated this problem and allowed for the gameplay to remain smooth.

If DICE have made it so that stuff like that won't happen as bad, then I see no problem playing in ultra.

Well... your computer's more powerful than the ones they used for the demos. :lol:

edit: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...tleblog-9-online-vehicle-warfare-refined.aspx

In the Russian fighter jet, do you go with anti-air missiles to dogfight enemy air targets, or would you rather mount a handful of laser guided air to ground missiles as your secondary weapon to harass opposing tanks? Do you equip it with IR flares to avoid missiles, or would you rather take your chances with the fire extinguisher in case you get hit?
o_O I.... that's..... I don't know! I don't want to die!

Also they've suggested that Caspian Border is going to be the most vehicle centric map, "Caspian Border is the ultimate all-out vehicle warfare map."
BF3_5F00_GamesCom_5F00_11.jpg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;G-ukxgldpOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ukxgldpOo[/video]

Awesome video that makes we want to play the game so bad

Watch the deadly items in the Physical Warfare Pack in action in this Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer.

Physical Warfare Pack contains the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun, Type 88 Light Machine Gun, flechette ammo for the DAO-12, and a flash suppressor for the SKS sniper rifle.

This pack is available as a pre-order bonus at select retailers and at Origin for the PC digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. At a later date, we will unlock all of these items to all players of Battlefield 3 at no extra charge. You can pre-order Battlefield 3 fdirectly from Origin at http://www.origin.com

I can't wait to play Karkand and Oman with the Frostbite 2.0 engine

Well... your computer's more powerful than the ones they used for the demos. :lol:

err yeah

just ran a Crysis 2 benchmark test with everything on Ultra + Hi-res textures @ 1920x1200 and got an average of 51fps (before overclocking) :shock:

I think it will be fine with BF3 :lol:

Last edited:
Canceled my Amazon pre-order and bought it through Origin. I really hate physical copies.

Not that it really matters because I'll be a few thousand miles away in Budapest on release day. :mad:

Canceled my Amazon pre-order and bought it through Origin. I really hate physical copies.

Not that it really matters because I'll be a few thousand miles away in Budapest on release day. :mad:

Would have gotten it as well on Origin instead of physical but Origin is not available here. I get the US store and I can't buy from there. Even the previous EA Store went into a crazy redirect loop when accessed from Romania.

Every trailer looks unbelievably amazing and yet they just get consistently better.

Looks like Tehran features, judging by that skyline.