2012 Lancia Voyager

Well, if I search at mobile.de for Phedras in Germany there are 85 for sale in total.

For the Fiat Multipla (1st gen) which is a very ugly car there are 270 hits...

I just looked at the wikipedia-article about the Eurovan built from 2002 on and I clearly see differences between all those vans, especially the front is very different from all the others. I certainly would have noticed it if I ever saw one...

Well, if I search at mobile.de for Phedras in Germany there are 85 for sale in total.

It's worse, I didn't saw a Lancia for months, the last time I saw one it was a Seicento based "Y", which are the most common Lancia's, if you can say that they're common...

what a typically rubbish Chrysler product

Um..what? If there's one thing Chrysler does well, its minivans. The biggest weakness with the prerefresh current gen vans was the interior quality, followed by the powertrains/suspension tuning. All three of those have been addressed with the update: great powertrain (best in class power), good interior (The new Quest leads the pack hands down though...) and revised suspension tuning + lower ride height.

Combine the improvements with Stow N' Go storage and it's a solid choice in this very competitve segment. I'm admittedly more interested to see what Kia has in store with the Sedona/Carnival redesign...if the Optima and Rio are any indicators...it'll be the one to beat.

Last edited:
Um..what? If there's one thing Chrysler does well, its minivans. The biggest weakness with the prerefresh current gen vans was the interior quality, followed by the powertrains/suspension tuning. All three of those have been addressed with the update: great powertrain (best in class power), good interior (The new Quest leads the pack hands down though...) and revised suspension tuning + lower ride height.

Combine the improvements with Stow N' Go storage and it's a solid choice in this very competitve segment. I'm admittedly more interested to see what Kia has in store with the Sedona/Carnival redesign...if the Optima and Rio are any indicators...it'll be the one to beat.

Even Chrysler's 'minivans' have had a bad rap here. Anemic engines, poor dynamics, shitty interior quality and the worst safety ratings this side of Chinese pick-ups, all meant that they really aren't held in the highest regard. The reason people bought them here is because they're fairly good value, they're massive, and they're not as hideous as a Ssangyong. The biggest step forward they made was the introduction of a diesel engine.

Basically, back in the old days when people wanted big people carriers, you bought a Toyota Tarago (Previa). If you were cheap, you bought a Kia Carnival (Sedona). If you were mad and blind, you bought a Ssangyong Stavic.

These days people buy 7 seat soft roaders. Judging by what you see in carparks these days, if you have a family big enough to warrant a big people carrier, you go all the way and buy a Multivan.

Even Chrysler's 'minivans' have had a bad rap here. Anemic engines, poor dynamics, shitty interior quality and the worst safety ratings this side of Chinese pick-ups, all meant that they really aren't held in the highest regard. The reason people bought them here is because they're fairly good value, they're massive, and they're not as hideous as a Ssangyong. The biggest step forward they made was the introduction of a diesel engine.

Basically, back in the old days when people wanted big people carriers, you bought a Toyota Tarago (Previa). If you were cheap, you bought a Kia Carnival (Sedona). If you were mad and blind, you bought a Ssangyong Stavic.

These days people buy 7 seat soft roaders. Judging by what you see in carparks these days, if you have a family big enough to warrant a big people carrier, you go all the way and buy a Multivan.

I'll admit that in the past, the crash test ratings have been unacceptable (not as bad as GM's horrid offerings, but still...inexcusable with everyone...even Kia earning five stars all round with the first gen Sedona) but the current gen does admirably in that department, even by the tougher IIHS testing: http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=339

I
will say that the same trend (7 seat SUV and now Crossover) has been going on here for years. Although the minivan market has had a small increase over the past few years due to people really evaluating whether they really need to spend 35k on a base 7 seat crossover, or get a very well equipped van for that price in this economy, it's still seen as a bit uncool. A bit of a shame as they're significantly better to drive, have more interior room/seat space, and are more convienent to live with on a daily basis.

Sadly we don't get the Multivan or other premium mini's here like the Espace, etc. The closest to a true luxo minivan has to be the current Quest, followed by the T&C. The Sienna XLE has the features but has a awful interior with very poor plastics. The Odyssey Touring is a bit better but not by much. Sedona EX with leather and entertainment/navi is a tad dated inside.

Last edited: