Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
Let me just get the confirmation photos out of the way first:

(as referenced in the other thread)

6109630825_88b4a0e83d_b.jpg

6109628155_0780bf5b8d_b.jpg

6109624199_cec073c23f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, the facts: 2000 M5, silverstone metallic. Bought it from a local seller with 79K miles on the odo. I'm now owner #2, previous owner was middle aged business guy and it was in immaculate condition for its mileage and age. Finalized the sale earlier this week and picked it up today, took a few photos while the weather was decent

6109617221_fa882eb8ca_b.jpg

6110166762_3e6efbbabe_b.jpg

6109621013_a9eac78a0f_b.jpg

Teeeechnically the proof sheet is supposed to be impaled on the gear shifter (because it's much harder to photoshop a wrinkled and torn piece of paper, and it implies intimate access.

That said, my favorite M5. You bastard!

Not a fan of the colour, not a fan of the wooden interior.

But it's an E39 M5, which makes me a big fan anyhow. A jealous one...

Me gusta.

I don't mind the colour. It might be the same as my grandad's Toyota Starlet was, but it's certainly not something you'd expect on an M5, which I like. At least it's not silver, which I'm getting pretty tired of seeing.

Mind if I ask what the intended purpose is for both cars? See, I'm having trouble justifying owning two cars, so I'd like to know :p

:hmm: those papers in the exterior shots look 'shopped. I can tell by the pixels...

Kidding! :p

Not the best colour or model year ('01-'03 face-lifted, silver. ;)), but great car nonetheless and :lol: at the carbon fiber "M5" badge! :D

Last edited:
@ McRae: wood trim is not my preferred choice either nor the 2000 HU, but everything else about the car was so good I could overlook it.

@ Hbriz: no hidden or mysterious secret purpose.

@ Ilpav: yeah I didn't want Titanium silver either, it seems 60-70% of the used M3s on the market are that silver color, imagine my relief when this car turned out to be metallic blue instead of silver *phew*

@ Ilpav: yeah I didn't want Titanium silver either, it seems 60-70% of the used M3s on the market are that silver color, imagine my relief when this car turned out to be metallic blue instead of silver *phew*

Hey, if I was going after an E39 M5, I would go out of my way to get a silver one, because it looks best in that colour, IMO. Who cares that "60-70% of the used M3s on the market" are the same colour. Different strokes for different folks.

Not the best colour or model year ('01-'03 face-lifted, silver. ;))

Yeah I was definitely agreeing with you there.

I would go out of my way to get a silver one, because it looks best in that colour, IMO.

...and then you flipped that statement around. Confusing. :hmm: Must be late night internet mind games.

No matter, have a great weekend!

The bracketed statement meant that I thought the '01-'03 model years and the silver colour were the best, and when I said "not the best colour" I was talking about your car.

Cool, thanks for the compiments! Yeah agreed, it seems like silver silver seems to be the shade most often up for resale while the dark greys, avus blue, and imola red shades seem to be retained more often by their owners or are snapped up by buyers more quickly, leaving the abundance of silver that I mentioned. Which probably falls in line with the point you were making. It's pretty interesting. Silver definitely has THE best stealth factor from ricers and police.

Last edited:
Nice ride edkwon! Now I'm jealous. Of all the M cars I would like to own, the E39 M5 is right up there with the E30 M3 for me.

Do you have any plans for mods? It looks fantastic as it is, besides the wood trim inside.

Nice ride edkwon! Now I'm jealous. Of all the M cars I would like to own, the E39 M5 is right up there with the E30 M3 for me.

Do you have any plans for mods? It looks fantastic as it is, besides the wood trim inside.

Performance mods? Doubt it. If you drove the car you'd probably be thinking how you've modded your own cars in the past just to even come close to its performance. Case in point, I buy a 15 year old M3 with 140K miles and become immediated depressed how it's handling is still better than the subarus I've modded suspension wise over the past decade and put $$$ into improving handlings.

Only things I plan to do in the near future is upgrade the headlights to the 01-03 euro style and get rid of that damn casette player HU, with what yet? I don't know. I could spend a lot of $$ to upgrade to the 01-03 widescreen nav which looks good aesthetically but is still a decade old technology so I might go with a different custom option. As I said, im not a big fan of the wood trim and if I source a complete set of brushed alum trim to swap then i'll do it. Otherwise its give the front suspension bushings a needed upgrade and some basic wear n tear parts that need to be replaced as pointed out to me during the pre sale inspection.

You BASTARD!
Congrats. :D

Awesome, congratz :)