Concept: Citroen Tubik

Have you noticed that the negative comments are all coming from Germanic or Slavic countries, places that are known to have absolutely no sense of humor? Meanwhile, people from countries that are known to appreciate a good joke like it. My American side overrules my Germano-Slavic ancestry on this one: I get it, it's got great ideas in there, it's definitely not a large box on wheels, and you can even say that the fact that it looks like a vache goes back to the 2CV's rural roots.

No, it's not going to be the third generation Berlingo as it is, but some of the good ideas may percolate down when the Berlingo gets another facelift in a few years.

Well, the fact that you analyzed and thought about it that way, speaks for your German side ;)

it's nice to know that at least someone is letting their design team have some fun.
It's just a render (and a bad one - the woman doesn't look convincing at all...). If they at least build it in real life to show off at some motor show, then we're talking.

I agree that it's a positively crazy concept, with some interesting ideas for the interior. But that front is simply catastrophic.

I agree that it's a positively crazy concept, with some interesting ideas for the interior. But that front is simply catastrophic.

Exactly. I like it when the French go crazy with their cars.

My father had two Citroen CX and I still think those were brilliant cars. Crazy but brilliant. And they also looked good. All those crazy French cars always looked good. Even the 2CV looks good IMHO.

But that Tubik study is nothing but ugly. It looks like a pig on wheels. That's not a question of nationality but of taste :p

In earlier times, when designers went crazy with their fantasy, people would go "Oh my God, I hope they make it." With many of the design studies I see these days, I go "Oh my God, I hope they won't make it!"

Last edited:
I am happy that my hoping that this would be a bathtub car was not all that far off.

I just hope if they actually make it that they'll put some windows in or at least cover the damn thing in cameras, because otherwise visibility would be about nil. :p I know it's got the wing "mirrors", but that doesn't let you see what's directly behind you, making it just about impossible to drive without crashing into everything.

That concept violates so many vehicle regulations it can never be built looking the way it does.

I just hope if they actually make it that they'll put some windows in or at least cover the damn thing in cameras, because otherwise visibility would be about nil. :p I know it's got the wing "mirrors", but that doesn't let you see what's directly behind you, making it just about impossible to drive without crashing into everything.

The renders actually do show a rear-mounted, rear-view camera, located directly above the "Tubik" logo. But this is an exercise, not something that will really be made.

Yes, rear view cameras function very well... as long as it is dry and sunny. One single drop of rain, however, can render it useless and you have a blackout for a moment. Seconds that can separate life from death.

And don't let me getting started about snow or dirt. A rear view mirror on the back of a van, hatchback or estate... great idea. Will probably take 10 seconds in the rain, until is is completely covered.

Last edited:
Yeah, right. Let's make it even more expensive and complicated ;) How about making the cameras 3D, while we're at it? :lol:

No... it's a crazy Citro?n concept car... the cameras have to have sepia filters or something like that.

Winner of biggest manufacturer logo ever too!
Tied with the van it's based on.

Does Olivia Wilde come as standard equipment if they ever put it into production?

It may look like an H van impregnated an Airstream caravan and this was the result, but in spite of that I really like it.

The biggest problem as I see it now is a distinct lack of corrugation, exposed hinges and riveting. I forgot about the H-Van, but seeing it again makes me want something you can repair after a crash with left over building materials.

Overall I think it is all right that parents want to buy their kids a place to shack up. But the front was designed by somebody that has these.

Fawn-pug-and-black-pug.jpg

Everything today seems to be a remake: Movies, music and now cars.

I hope they soon go back to having own ideas again... in all those areas.