Top Gear Live 2011/12

Alasondro Alegré

Forum Addict
Looks like they're completely redesigning the show.

Top Gear Live is being revamped for 2011, making the show ?bigger and bolder? than ever.
The focus of the new event is now solely on Top Gear. The organisers are maximising the links to the TV show, and building the entire show around the features and action previously restricted to the Top Gear Live Action Arena.
The new Top Gear Live UK show gets underway this November: from 11-13 November, it is at Birmingham?s NEC, moving to a new home at the 100-acre London Excel site between 24-27 November.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=158302768

I wonder if it's a bit more based on the Festival concept seen in South Africa? Somehow, I think it must be.

Where can I watch some past live shows?
Are there torrents available?

edit: nvm! Found some decent YouTube vids. ;D

Last edited:
On the FTPs is an excellent recording of one of the New Zealand live shows from 2009. (Jeremy, Richard, and Greg Murphy hosting.) It also got torrented (though not here).

Bit of a bump, but hey :p

There was a FBook competition a while ago to name a corner on the TG tracks at Brum and London, and the shortlist has now been drawn up. The choices are here - and my choice of Final Gear has made the final cut for London :w00t: Please vote if you're on FBook! :D (Link only works if you're on FBook and 'Like' the TG Live page).

There was a FBook competition a while ago to name a corner on the TG tracks at Brum and London, and the shortlist has now been drawn up. The choices are here - and my choice of Final Gear has made the final cut for London :w00t: Please vote if you're on FBook! :D (Link only works if you're on FBook and 'Like' the TG Live page).

Are you going to Birmingham? It would be lovely to meet up :)

I am going to Brum - staying somewhere with my usual suspects! - but I would love to meet you :)

:+1:

Well done for getting FG on there, I'll vote when I get home later. I'm hoping to go to TG Live at the NEC this year, it's been a few years since I last went and if it's being completely re-designed then it should be brilliant. :)

Jeremy mentions Top Gear Season 18 starts in January and there will be a Christmas special in the above video. Right at about 4:10.

I hope they don't mess around with the format too much with all this track business but I suppose I shall have to wait and see. Also I hope Francie does turn up because I met her once at a previous TGL and she was absolutely lovely. I got a bit swoony *blushes*

A month from now I shall be in Birmingham and I am already getting excited. Yep, I shall be swapping the delights of Croydon for the joys of Brum...

Um... I'm really not much good at this 'going on holiday' malarkey :lol: