Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

x6n8eb.jpg

svhx82.jpg

So apparently Targa Newfoundland has a few unusual entries this year...

Usually it's just a load of classic BMW's and Posches and well basically a giant mix of different sportscars racing around the cities and towns here in NL and typically every year I'm drolling all over the cars because I'm not used to seeing anything nice.

But this year Calgary based exotic car dealer ZRauto is bringing 5 cars to compete from their "inventory"

so yeah, Edo competetion Ferrari Enzo, 750hp LP640 roadster, novitec rosso F430, Saleen S7,Maserati MC12 and a stock F430 spyder... All these cars are going to be ripping past my house! I am so unbelieveably hyped up for this. Everybody on the island is going to shit bricks.

I might have to buy a camera and everything. This will be insanity for me.

I agree its not flashy and covered with stickers.

Probably just the blacked-out headlights.

I agree its quiet clean overall and looks great, and the front splitter is kinda cool, but IMO small cars rarely look good completely blacked out as it just makes them look like blobs with wheels. Coupes, sedans, and other cars can get away with that look, but I think hatchbacks are a case-by-case basis.

2 of the 3 remaining VW Nardo W12! :drool:

One of the best looking supercars to never make production IMO. Still have a model of one somewhere round the house.

What is this shite, he's saving the car so much... not even properly accelerating, lifting in the middle of the straight...

Considering how much the car's worth exercising some caution probably isn't a bad idea.

Last edited:
Saw this on TV today.

I wonder if there is any specific reason to chose the GC chassis vs some thing that is already set up for a RWD application.

We need Lancias with Ferrari engines and interiors hand made by italian furniture company Poltrona Frau. Also contains 80's music.

Notice the distinct lack of Chrysler products.

^You're right. - That is really missing a lot of Chrysler and it seems as if they have they've exchanged the awesomeness with way too much beaver :/

Yep, awesome.

article-2033891-0DB7ED8300000578-708_634x360.jpg

article-2033891-0DB7EDB100000578-427_634x338.jpg

A Jaguar enthusiast who wanted to fit his two dogs in his cramped sports car found a novel solution - by fusing a Morris Minor to the back of it.
The result is a bizarre-looking creation made up of the two cars morphed together, with the sleek Jaguar XK150 front being matched with the rear of a Morris Minor Traveller.
The combination has led to a vehicle with an elegant front and a classically ugly but practical boot on the back.

The hybrid has a 3.4 litre engine and has a French numberplate, though it was registered in the UK prior to 2000 with number plate '558 NOT'.
Tim Schofield, head of classic car department at Bonhams, said: 'It's a remarkable car.

'Thanks to an expert named Peter Ingram, we now know the Foxbat was made by a Geoffrey Stevens around 1975 to 1977.
'He was a Jaguar enthusiast and worked as an industrial chemist near Swindon.
'He and his wife needed a more practical car to transport kit around with room for their two dogs and he decided to do his own conversion.
'It took him several years to complete, using a very rusty Jaguar XK150 and a Morris Minor. You can see exactly where joins the other.
'He even hand cut a Foxbat badge to put on the back.
'It really is incredibly interesting and, as far as we know, it is the only one in existence.'
It was sold by Mr Stevens in the 1980s and spent many years in France before being transported back to the UK in 2008.
It is now being sold by Bonhams auctioneers at their Goodwood Revival Sale in Chichester, West Sussex, on September 16.

'FOXBAT' FACT FILE
Make Jaguar / Morris Traveller
Model XK150 3.4 Foxbat Sports Estate
Engine 3.4-Litre
Chassis no S825106DN
Engine no V7435-8
Max output 190bhp
Year 1959
Colour White
Transmission Manual
LHD / RHD RHD
Price (estimate) ?30,000-?35,000