Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

Actualy it boiled.....

Just don't do a Google search for Google.

Seriously. You will break the internet. ;)

Don't worry, I manage not to do that one. I mentioned it because it happened to me right before I made that edit. I wanted to search for something on the internet and I ended up typing www.youtube and I caught myself like WAIT. I don't want that. Lul.

Also, my Grandmother can relate Cowboy. She is one of those people who always wants plants (and is always buying them), but after a month she forgets to water them and then they all die. The only plants she hasn't killed were her former Christmas trees that she planted in her driveway (she actually realizes when they are dry and waters them). In fact, she gave me her African Violet plant that looked like it was on the verge of dying and so far it's grown substantially. There is even a flower bud growing out on it at the moment.

Well, I had "pet" rocks once (the beta fish had died... and I just had a bowl of rocks and a plant)...

I went to wash the rocks... and I managed to crack them under running hot water. Yes, I killed my pet rocks.

:( And I guess they didn't get better?

I once again said something stupid today, this time in French. We were playing a variation on 'Go fish', in which you said something along the lines of "Donnez moi." (Sorry to all French-speakers if I got that wrong)
I, however, kept forgetting what I was meant to say and just ended up saying "Dormi moi."
My friend got so sick of this that she eventually declared "No, I don't want to sleep with you!"
And, of course, just as she said that the whole room when quiet, and there were three teachers in the room.
:blink:

Last edited:
.. in which you said something along the lines of "Donnez-moi." (Sorry to all French-speakers if I got that wrong)

FTFY :)

Well, I had "pet" rocks once (the beta fish had died... and I just had a bowl of rocks and a plant)...

I went to wash the rocks... and I managed to crack them under running hot water. Yes, I killed my pet rocks.

Did you really kill the pet rocks or did you just make pet gravel? :p

Did you really kill the pet rocks or did you just make pet gravel? :p

I like the way you think! I, erm, just wanted pet gravel... yeah, that's it.

Woke up from a nap, felt reallllly tired still so drank a red bull. Then looked @ the clock and it was 1am! I had lots of time to finish the book I was reading....

I changed the waterpump on my GL1000 this weekend. So I would lose anything I had all of the parts nicely laid out on paper towels. So I put the new fan switch into the thermostat housing, installed the thermostat housing, then the radiator. It has to be in that order because the back of the fan which is bolted to the radiator is about 1/2" from the thermostat housing, so you have to have the radiator off to remove it. Of course, I did remember to put the thermostat in.....

I looked back and saw my gleaming month on thermostat sitting on the paper towel. So the radiator had to come back off which is no small task on the GL1000.

Derp. I really should have made a checklist.

Considering the forum where we are, this next one is shameful...

Some days ago, the windscreen wipers fluid was over, but I was never warned by the low-level indicator. Too bad, I already had an appointment scheduled at the garage for some other standard reasons, so I asked the mechanic to check the indicator of the windscreen fluid tank.

Except... It turned out I don't have any windscreen flid tank indicators installed on my car (yes, the last one had it)... I bought the car one and a half years ago and I never had that occurrence before...

I was riding my bike up an alley towards my garage yesterday evening and I reached up to nothing to push the garage door button.

:|

Last edited:
I definitely need to spend more time using a non-point-and-shoot still camera. I borrowed one to take lovely portfolio-worthy shots a while ago only to take a few that were lined up wonderfully, but...blown out because I forgot to adjust the settings back.

Derp. Video is a hell of a lot more forgiving, that's for sure.

Dirty clothes into washing machine, start.
I go to make a drink and theres the tub of liquid crap on top of the washing machine.

hehehe, I've done that. Also put the fabric softener and the detergent in the wrong places.

I managed to pour it into the drawer, but that never works that well and it requires 18 gallons of water to get it out of the tub.

I've even put the detergent and the cap into the frontloader (I put it straight in with the clothes because yes, those drawers are *le fail*)

Wondered what the clanking was....

Caiman (the reptile) is apparently not spelled with a y.

I accidentally put the liquid softener stuff in the space for the detergent. Oops.