The "Things that annoy me" thread

TNT. Never ship with them. They charged me 13? to send get a parcel from Switzerland. Sounds fair, but then they added a 25? charge for handling customs (additional to the taxes) which was not visible for me when I ordered sth.. Fuck them, seriously.

Disappearing possibly venomous spider last seen about a foot from my bed.
stare.gif

It's ok, you statistically swallow 8 spiders in your life while you sleep, only 7 to go.

Best to get 'em all done at once. Bottom's up.

I am more bothered by the idea of horrible spider bites that would take like a year to heal with my recovery speed >:

i had to google that. Whoever does that is a classless douche who's not worthy of my friendship. Seriously, those drive thru workers already have it pretty bad, they don't need their day made worse by douches making a mess of ice cream. :mad:
I have posted on here before that I have done it. (Well, I was present in the car when friends did it. In fact, the person driving at the time works in a fast food outlet, as did one of my other friends present).

I have seen ones on youtube which I disagree with, but the general premise that you grab an ice cream upside down is completely harmless to the drive through person. Like thevictor390 said, most of the time it makes their shift. Hey, the cone-er is the one getting sticky hands and ruining their ice cream. They've paid for it, they can do whatever they bloody well please with it. If by some accident the worker gets ice cream on their hands, it's a lot easier to wash your hands in a McDonalds than it is in a car.

I fail to see how 'making a mess of ice cream' would ruin a drive through worker's day. It's not exactly sacrilege.

Besides, it's an old fad now. It's something you do once with your mates, have a laugh, and forget about. I don't think the drive through worker is exactly having long term trauma caused by the uncustomary holding of an ice cream either.

Anyway, other things that annoy me are faulty anti-theft alarms in shops. Yes, I closed the lid of a MacBook air to look at it. No, I am not stealing it. Your sirens are irritating. And it happened three more times to other people while I was still in the shop.

Last edited:
Bought a few t-shirts from Jinx, now i got a letter stating that i need to pay "customs fee and additional taxes" on said parcel. It's almost 50% of the price I paid for the t-shirts, including shipping.

The same thing happened to me 15 years ago, when I ordered a large number of laserdiscs from the USA.

I have posted on here before that I have done it. (Well, I was present in the car when friends did it. In fact, the person driving at the time works in a fast food outlet, as did one of my other friends present).

I have seen ones on youtube which I disagree with, but the general premise that you grab an ice cream upside down is completely harmless to the drive through person. Like thevictor390 said, most of the time it makes their shift. Hey, the cone-er is the one getting sticky hands and ruining their ice cream. They've paid for it, they can do whatever they bloody well please with it. If by some accident the worker gets ice cream on their hands, it's a lot easier to wash your hands in a McDonalds than it is in a car.

I fail to see how 'making a mess of ice cream' would ruin a drive through worker's day. It's not exactly sacrilege.

Besides, it's an old fad now. It's something you do once with your mates, have a laugh, and forget about. I don't think the drive through worker is exactly having long term trauma caused by the uncustomary holding of an ice cream either.

Anyway, other things that annoy me are faulty anti-theft alarms in shops. Yes, I closed the lid of a MacBook air to look at it. No, I am not stealing it. Your sirens are irritating. And it happened three more times to other people while I was still in the shop.

Ok so it ws overreaction to the abnormal, XD, sue me! :p

And yes, faulty anti-theft alarms are annoying indeed.

The same thing happened to me 15 years ago, when I ordered a large number of laserdiscs from the USA.

I thought I was the only one left that would admit to haveing an LD player.

Back then it was the high end solution for home cinema. So I'm not ashamed to admit still owning them. I also still have an LD player in working condition and a number of LD's, including that big, black Star Wars box.

Somebody that wanted to hit that, that is who told her.

I'd answer, but spicysaurus might get mad at me again.

No no, you're free to say whatever you like about whoever isn't my girlfriend. I am faithful. :)

Last edited:
No no, you're free to say whatever you like about whoever isn't my girlfriend. I am faithful. :)

Well, she'd have been part of the answer again... :D

Current annoyance: This events WordPress plugin. Grrr, I'm about to commit murder here...

I have never heard of Funnel Cake, that annoys me because it looks like it might be delicious.

Make your own!

It's easy - buy some Yorkshire pudding mix/instant pancake mix, mix the batter, pour your favorite cooking oil into a good sized sauce pan and heat up to 190 degrees (C). Put the batter in a piping bag. (Like you use when frosting cakes.) And extrude the batter into the hot oil when its ready - swirling the batter around the oil. Cook til it's GB&D. (Golden Brown & Delicious) Top with powdered sugar, whipped cream, jam, what have you.

Enjoy!

Make your own!

It's easy - buy some Yorkshire pudding mix/instant pancake mix, mix the batter, pour your favorite cooking oil into a good sized sauce pan and heat up to 190 degrees (C). Put the batter in a piping bag. (Like you use when frosting cakes.) And extrude the batter into the hot oil when its ready - swirling the batter around the oil. Cook til it's GB&D. (Golden Brown & Delicious) Top with powdered sugar, whipped cream, jam, what have you.

Enjoy!

See, my younger bro makes funnel cakes but he pulls them out too early :(

This reminds me...for a while a regional convienece store chain here in PA actually offered funnel cakes as a option on their touchscreen ordering thingie. I loved getting them and they were dirt cheap.

Sadly they were removed. Shame.