Post a pic of yourself

long-hair.jpg

To:

short-hair.jpg

Bad to worse, worse to bad, bad to a different variation of bad? I'm not sure yet...

Room to improve here (and I am being brutally honest right now, don't mean to insult you)

a) Haircut. This just looks like you just returned from some medieval fair where you were are squire or sth, it is just a mess, the top part is ok but somehow the neck is way too long from that pic.
b) stop looking like a kicked puppy - I look like shit on pictures too (irl too according to some meanies (NICJASNO I MEAN YOU)) but I don't look like I am about to cry
c) beard: This looks strange. Either grow a real beard (at least something visible) or shave, but don't keep these stubbles. I tried growing a beard, it annoyed me, so I shaved. I keep 3-day beards if I am really lazy over the weekend but don't go out with the stubbles, it just looks...wrong
d) Jacket is fine! :)

Most important: if you have problems with your self confidence, try to improve in the way you dress & your shape until _you_ feel comfortable, not until someone else tells you you are good looking.
I was a really fat guy (and still am according to some bullies, but less :p) and I noticed that at least trying to improve the areas that you don't like about yourself gives you a huge boost in self confidence. For me, it was finally being able to wear nicer clothes, before that I always wore loose stuff to try to hide my fatness and felt ashamed of it, now I can dress nicer and only show off my chubbiness and joke about it, because I feel fine. Sure, I could (and want to) still lose some 5 kgs and build up more muscle, but I am on my way. And getting compliments by people you haven't seen for some time is quite a nice feeling.

To give you an idea (and feel honoured, because I normally don't post pics from that time & not many exist):

This is what I looked like in 2007 (being all pro (and shit) at poker):

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2011/09/09/DSC00680.JPG

And this is what I look like now - still got a belly, still making a stupid face on pictures but I feel way better now.

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2011/09/09/IMAG0144.jpg

And there is hope for all of us, even Adunaphel went from this

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2011/09/09/DSC00421.JPG

to this ;)

PB073829.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Several metric fucktons of truth.

There is, however, one caveat to that. When, having improved to a level you think you maintain it then reach my age, dig out some 15 year old photographs and realise how much you have aged without noticing it. If I can be arsed at some point I'll scan the relevant picture and post it along with a recent one. It's really quite depressing.

There is, however, one caveat to that. When, having improved to a level you think you maintain it then reach my age, dig out some 15 year old photographs and realise how much you have aged without noticing it. If I can be arsed at some point I'll scan the relevant picture and post it along with a recent one. It's really quite depressing.

I am not really seeing it on pictures as I still look very young (younger than I am), but I feel it in my mindset......I actually feel older and get annoyed by the stupidity/naivity of younger people, also cost me some friends when I realised that some people I always hung out with didn't go through the process of maturing up and still were the 17 year old kids, mindset-wise. Then again, I am still a huge child inside (too much for my own good I think, I keep doing stupid shit, buying useless toys and hanging out with strange people (press link in my signature :p)) and try to keep it that way even if the reality of growing up keeps smacking my inner child in the face :)

But yeah, 15 years is a long time, for me it makes no sense to look up 15 year old pictures since I was a child back then, but if I look at 15 year old pictures of my parents and look at them now, holy shit. And you never realise it because you see them every day. Then you start thinking what all happened in these 15 years and get a little bit scared how much time has passed. I f.e. came to the realization that I missed a lot of good stuff in my "youth" because I had no self confidence at all, drowned that with more eating & playing PC games online with people who only knew "D-Fence" the funny asshole and not the guy behind him....which is now all boomeranging into my face because I got trouble with certain things I didn't do when I was younger (f.e. I am a horrible procrastinator by now (which almost cost me my uni course, amplified with a low self esteem "you can't do that anyways)) and really shit approaching girls (because, you know, fat kid, no self esteem, playing video games while others were out partying)) but at least I realized where all this is coming from and try to fight it by now, just way too late.

tl;dr: Time flies by and before you know it you are old, don't let your low self esteem/opinion of others become a problem and first of all try to get along with yourself, as soon as you can say "I am basically ok with how I look" (well except for minor stuff like "maybe lose some more weight" - we all have that :p) you will just have a much easier time, because as soon as you are happy it sort of creates an aura around you, people can basically tell if someone is just miserable inside or in balance. Aaaaand I sound like some weird self help guy....I also sell magnetic pendants and minerals, visit http://www.d-fencesesotericscamsite.com

Ok I'll bite. Tired, a bit pissed, in bed watching tv.

73402fe1-faa6-2a16.jpg

Ok so who are you and where have you buried the still twitching corpse of the real D-Fence?

Seriously, must spread some sage words before seasoning D-Fence again.......

f.e. I am a horrible procrastinator by now (which almost cost me my uni course)

At least with you it was almost. I took on 3 studies, failed all 3 and am still paying back (and will be for another 10 years) all the debts I racked up there.

I am not done yet Adu, still room to fail :/ (like I told you in IRC ;))

Ok so who are you and where have you buried the still twitching corpse of the real D-Fence?

Seriously, must spread some sage words before seasoning D-Fence again.......

Oh come on, you mean someone might have dropped my corpse down a grave without anybody noticing?

http://earthquake-report.com/2011/09/08/moderate-shallow-earthquake-with-epicenter-in-germany/

Well looks like someone did, shit, foiled again!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I looked like in 2007 (being all pro (and shit) at poker):
[...]
And there is hope for all of us, even Adunaphel went from this
If I can be arsed at some point I'll scan the relevant picture and post it along with a recent one. It's really quite depressing.
I managed to sneak a picture of myself as a nerdy 19-year-old into another thread on the same topic without anyone noticing some days ago...

I managed to sneak a picture of myself as a nerdy 19-year-old into another thread on the same topic without anyone noticing some days ago...

So, basically one from before you became a rockabilly Klingon?

Straightened the hair and shaved today because I had to go out with Dad to a office. Looks better but still too long at the back, like a sort of halfarsed mullet with a side parting...
me-sept-2.jpg

As for looking so sad, yeah I just tend to look naturally mopey unless I'm smiling, then I look like I've killed. Better to look sad than like I spent my evening murdering prostitutes... :p

And there is hope for all of us, even Adunaphel went from this to this

You sure he's the same guy? :blink:

jedd_kenobi said:
you wouldn't have to put up with your parents though.

Don't under-estimate them, they could annoy me from the moon let alone a mere skip across an ocean. :lol:

You sure he's the same guy? :blink:

Nah that first guy was Tom Ford.

And as for the look; smile with teeth for a start. No matter how bad your teeth are (we're British; they're terrible :p) its better than 'Hi I'm a peadophile and I've come to look after your kids'. Also, yeah you should try short hair; especially if you want to get a job. Not crew cut short, just not over the ears long. :)

And me as of now; I need moar acne drugs (getting new ones in October; should finally get rid of it) and probably a bit of a haircut. But whatever :D

25sprb7.jpg

Really? In reality or just that photo? Strangely enough I have an uncle who really reminds me of Button... :lol: