Button to stay at BAR, Do we really care?

ezrollers

It seems that Mr Button will stay at BAR.

giant who cares

What kind of press does he get abroad?

I'd like to have some kind of info on how, a less partisan media, judges his abilities.

I'd normally check in the Spanish media, but they are as partisan as the English media, FA being the man, rather than JB.

The press I've read has been pretty non-partisan.

Far as I'm concerned he's just made a total fool of himself - nil respect from me for Mr. Button, no matter how fast he might drive.

He gets tons of press over here. He's Britain's biggest and best driver and Formula 1 is Britain's most popular motorsport, so this is big news.

I'm really happy he gets to stay at BAR - the Button / Barichello combination is a very promising one and the Honda deal will certainly lift BAR to highly competitive form next season. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Kebab gud said:
so sato is out of F1?

At least out of BAR...

I think Button has done wrong, talking to the press and all, about not wanting to leave to Williams.
And disrespecting his contract, most of all. However, a lot of football players do the same, when they move to a bigger team. The new team pays the old team for his release.

It's not right, anyway...

fbc said:
^ And he's done all that for two years running now... :no:

Yeah, I know. It's what makes it more wrong.
"Hey, I want a better team, I'll sign for Williams. Ops, I have a contract with BAR. But I want to go. Well, let they decide..."
"Hmmm, I signed a contract with Williams, but they're rubbish now, and I only wanna race if I can be on top, so I want to stay at BAR..."

I wonder if he had a chance to move to Ferrari last year... :twisted:

^ :lol: that would've been great...

I'm dreaming of Williams building a quicker car than BAR next year

fbc said:
^ :lol: that would've been great...

I'm dreaming of Williams building a quicker car than BAR next year

Yeah, that would be deserved. The problem is that I like Honda... And that I don't think Cosworth will have a strong powerplant. That said, it will be a lottery. Whomever found a trick to make its engine powerful will be ahead. Hell, we may even have Minardi ahead, with it's rev-limited V10s...

Big discussion right now seems to be around the V8's lacking torque, rather than outright power, when compared to the V10's, and how they can limit the V10's power right across the rev range rather than just restricting the top-end grunt by limiting revs. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

And as much as I want the Cosworth motor to be competitive I can't see them being able to keep up with the manufacturers.

Williams-Toyota in 2007 perhaps?? Or better yet - back to good old days of Williams-Honda!

Yes, Williams Honda would be a dream personally. The BAR and the Williams with the same engine. I really really hope Webber can wipe Jenson's nose in it next year. And what would make it even better is if they are using the same engines.

The press has been talking up the Cosworth engine as having produced some of the best figures for the field. I think the Cosworth plant will be very competitive. Cosworth has had a lot of experience with V8s after all, they'll be drawing from that experience to build a killer engine...

^ I think at the start of the season the Cossie will be strong, but as the year goes on it will struggle to keep up with the manufacturer's engines as they pour mega-millions into their development programs.

Of course I hope I'm wrong though.

I doubt that cosworth's expertise in v8 counts for much, these are 20k+ rpm v8, which i don't think cosworth has any experience with ( I might be wrong on this).

At any rate they will probably struggle, which is a shame, cause I quite like Williams.

On the JB issue I read quite a funny editorial in planetf1, they said smth like if renault, ferrari and mercedes get it wrong, and honda right then JB could be champion before KR. Of course, if my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle like the old adage goes. :lol:

:lol: at this: (about Sato supporters)

His Japanese supporters, meanwhile, are preparing huge 'F**K YOU, BUTTON' banners to display at the upcoming Suzuka race, according to Britain's tabloid 'Mirror' newspaper. "The fans will make their feelings clear," a spokesman for the Japanese grand prix confirmed.

From here

Hey, I'll make a banner "F**K YOU ESSIEN" (a Chelsea player) because Tiago had to get out of Chelsea to Lyon to play...
And a banner "F**K YOU SATO" because there are a lot of drivers that wanted that seat...