[07x03] November 27th, 2005

TheCleaner said:
what do people think of the new mondeo
i dont think it will look that. but if it does, than yay!

Lusitano said:
The guest was pretty cool. I am disappointed that they did not set up a few speed cameras along the track.

tg_screen.jpg

You mean like this? :)

BerserkerCatSplat said:
...the wrath of the French.
LOL, the funniest thing I have heard all day!

For as much as the TG guys hate the French they sure drive thru France an aweful lot. The supercar segment was awesome, this is what TG is for! I would have taken a proper Ferrari tho, not a drop top version. I think the Focus review should put a sock in the mouths of those who say Clarkson only likes British and Italian cars, most Americans I know don't even like the Focus.

Why didn't JC bring up the fact that people are so worried about speed cameras that they don't watch for pedestrians or other motorists? It was a very good sport of Ladyman to appear, and his lap time was surprising!

what a disappointing episode. thats the first time i was bored by top gear. the supercar segmant wasnt that interesting except for the part they got stuck, the focus ST version was boooooring and they didnt even compare it to their current favorite, the golf GTI.
the guest was really funny- ladyman sure has balls :)

but overall such a disappointment....

zenkidori said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:

For as much as the TG guys hate the French they sure drive thru France an aweful lot.

I don't think JC hate the French

read Top Gear Magazine 147 for instance , it's quite clear inside that JC love France and the French.

Same in the Meet the neighbours about France.

They don't like French cars though, probably because they're used to drive very expensive Mercs, Bmw , Jaguars, Ferraris and so on . But in the REAL life when you have to pay for your car, not so many can really afford buying a Ferrari or a top notch Merc.

Plus French won both the RallyChampionship and the F1 this year :thumbsup: and the fastest production car (Veyron) is built in France too.

But JC for instance loved the Berlingo, and Hammond+James love the DS (Best car of all time)

Qingdan said:
zenkidori said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:

For as much as the TG guys hate the French they sure drive thru France an aweful lot.

I don't think JC hate the French

Jezza himself said in 'Meet the Neighbours': "I love France. Really, I adore France. It's the French that ruin it." :)

Jeremy should have been better prepared to "take on" the speed camera man. He made himself look a bit ignorant about the subject. That's not good!

The supercar segment seemed like a fun idea . . . but ended up being just a trip to France and the never ending debate over Hammond's teeth.

I thought this was a rather boring episode for Top Gear as well. Dare I say that I found myself being more entertained with this week's Fifth Gear episode!

We all know that the whole point of this series is the Bugatti Veyron. I'm dying to see that episode!

zenkidori said:
I think the Focus review should put a sock in the mouths of those who say Clarkson only likes British and Italian cars, most Americans I know don't even like the Focus.
dident even know the focus was available in the US...
(it is after all a German Ford.. )
i bet 10bucks that the suspension on the US Focus is Soft as hell..

The focus is seen as a sort of girl or boyracer car by mostpeople I know, the hatchback version anyway. the 4 door is more for old people. I have no idea about the specs of the US Focus versus the Euro version, I don't have much interest in FWD cars.

Kebab gud said:
zenkidori said:
I think the Focus review should put a sock in the mouths of those who say Clarkson only likes British and Italian cars, most Americans I know don't even like the Focus.
dident even know the focus was available in the US...
(it is after all a German Ford.. )
i bet 10bucks that the suspension on the US Focus is Soft as hell..
The new Focus is Europe/Asia-only. We still have the current Focus from 1999, but the Mazda3 and the new Volvo S40 are built on the new Focus platform.

And the only reason Top Gear drives through France so much is because it's in the way of Germany and Denmark and Italy. :p

I have to say, WHAT AN AMAZING EPISODE! The cool wall was hilarious and the supercar segment... :woot:

The only downer was the Focus review...can't be bothered with it. :yucky:

I can totally understand why they won that EMMY.

Z Draci said:
Jeremy should have been better prepared to "take on" the speed camera man. He made himself look a bit ignorant about the subject. That's not good!

The supercar segment seemed like a fun idea . . . but ended up being just a trip to France and the never ending debate over Hammond's teeth.

I thought this was a rather boring episode for Top Gear as well. Dare I say that I found myself being more entertained with this week's Fifth Gear episode!

I completely agree with you

That was neat how Jermemy said Tiff liked the SLK55 and therefore it's cool.

That was a good episode, especially the supercar segment that was wonderful to watch the cars.

MrMan said:
That was neat how Jermemy said Tiff liked the SLK55 and therefore it's cool.
that actually kinda made me feel better somehow. I'm still kinda hoping that they will have Tiff on TG as a star in a reasonably priced car.

One thing that I've come to find on this site, that no matter how good or bad the episode was, some people will love it, some people will hate it, and some will think it was "okay".

Every time... nobody ever agrees :). Guess that's what makes us unique human beings, eh? I haven't found an episode so far this season that I haven't liked. There are always the occasional boring bits, but overall it's the best. It's actually the only TV show I watch at all anymore.

A couple of this I forgot to mention:

That smoke coming from the Zonda in the Parisian car park... I know coming out of such car park can be murder, but I felt that a car like a Zonda could take some punishment. I hope the owner was not watching his car clutch go up in smoke and the car nose scraping Parisian asphalt. :D

That bit when Jeremy said the police showed up to control the crowd and to make sure no one set fire to them was hilarious!!!

I said that the image of the liana passing by the speed camera was doctored up because throughout the lap I did not see any. Only after, one sees a clip with the minister, followed by a clip showing the liana passing by the camera (but who was driving). The minister looked surprised when he saw the camera as well. They really should have set up multiple cameras, so at the end of the lap they present the various sppeding offences to the minister. That would have been a classic Top Gear moment.