The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Sean Spicer just tweeted

They want congress to investigate these alleged abuses, and will not comment on it further. Un-fucking-believe-able

Either Trump discloses proof of what he is saying, or he is falsely accusing a former president and his staff, he is mindlessly devastating the credibility and trust of the US government to the public and he is doing that for... what reason, exactly? Interesting question with no answer that is not embarassing.

BTW, if Trump doesn't disclose proof of his accusations, it means he is lying, so badly and desperately, and he could really lie on all subjects. How many other times has he lied and you fell for it. Good luck with a president you can't tell if it's lying to you or not.

So, go on, call for the proof.

Otherwise the american people will have to face the reality of the POTUS being a slanderer; that would be bad.

Time to open up those libel laws :nod: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/02/donald-trump-libel-laws-219866

Whatever that means :dunno:

Sean Spicer just tweeted

They want congress to investigate these alleged abuses, and will not comment on it further. Un-fucking-believe-able

Congress should investigate this as quickly as possible. And if it then turns out that Trump lied about this, then they should move towards impeachment.

Spicers statements of not commenting about it are outrageous by itself. Putting a metaphorical bomb like that out there and then just letting it sit for (what could be) months without backing up your claims is simply irresponsible.

Funny: "[...]the very sacred election process" vs "the election is absolutely being rigged[...]" - the involuntary humor that comes out of the white house these days ...

NYT is reporting that Comey has been trying to get the DOJ to issue a statement saying it's fault. He's bothered because it makes it seem like the FBI did something illegal and wants the record corrected. Yeah, good luck getting Sessions to deny the allegations.

Why Trump was elected is not so simple. There were several variables involved, off the top of my head: the Democrats rejection of the working class. Hillary being a disliked figure (well before she even ran). Trump's showmanship. Bitterness from Bernie supporters who were betrayed by her backroom dealings. Her campaign's overuse of identity politics. Republicans who like many Democrats blindly vote for their party.

Why do you think these weren't factors? Where the many women who voted for Trump also man-children?

We've beaten this topic to death. However, you have to agree, the key demographic that sticks out is the education disparity between Trump and Non-Trump voters. I would then argue that education is directly proportional to an individual's ability to reason (barring the small percentage of extremes to the contrary). One can then argue that man-children exhibit such behavior due to an inability to reason. There's the connection.

Fuck Trump voters, I don't give shit what their story is.

Either Trump discloses proof of what he is saying, or he is falsely accusing a former president and his staff, he is mindlessly devastating the credibility and trust of the US government to the public
Agree with this 100%. The president should only be chiming in AFTER the issue is proven, not before and certainly creating this story through baseless accusation. Even *if* there is proof, it doesn't justify his actions before said evidence is revealed. This may be the nail the Trump detractors can use to finally close his coffin. Alternatively (and unlikely), it could bury Obama. This will not end well either way.

We've beaten this topic to death. However, you have to agree, the key demographic that sticks out is the education disparity between Trump and Non-Trump voters. I would then argue that education is directly proportional to an individual's ability to reason (barring the small percentage of extremes to the contrary). One can then argue that man-children exhibit such behavior due to an inability to reason. There's the connection.

*wonders how long before Cellos88GT realizes he contradicted his own theory.*

*wonders how long before Cellos88GT realizes he contradicted his own theory.*

Ad-Hominem attacks? This soon? I expected more from you Jim...wait, no I didn't.

Ad-Hominem attacks? This soon? I expected more from you Jim...wait, no I didn't.
Not an attack at all. Merely pointing out that as an educated person, per your own argument, you should be capable of rational inquiry instead of an emotional one as demonstrated with this:

Cellos88GT said:
I do expect better from you. I'm no Trump supporter (see above), but I would like to see you provide a more compelling argument for your statements.

Last edited:
As I said, we've beaten this topic to death, I understand very well why Trump won. However, I can still be upset by the stupid decision made by the man-children turning our country's government into an even bigger joke than it was. Trump voters should feel ashamed of themselves.

As I said, we've beaten this topic to death, I understand very well why Trump won. However, I can still be upset by the stupid decision made by the man-children turning our country's government into an even bigger joke than it was. Trump voters should feel ashamed of themselves.
You claim this topic has "beaten to death" yet conflate the actions of a Trump with the motivation of his voters. That's grossly misrepresentative unless you have some more information you care to share. Argatoga explained it well, for every stereotypical white lower-middle class Trump supporter, there's someone else who pose vote may have been "anyone but Clinton" motivated by a variety of possibilities (speaking figuratively, I freely accept the ratio of these voter demographics may vary widely).

Last edited:
You claim this topic has "beaten to death" yet conflate the actions of a Trump with the motivation of his voters. That's grossly misrepresentative unless you have some more information you care to share. Argatoga explained it well, for every stereotypical white lower-middle class Trump supporter, there's someone else who pose vote may have been "anyone but Clinton" motivated by a variety of possibilities (speaking figuratively, I freely accept the ratio of these voter demographics may vary widely).

No, I blame the voters for thinking their motivations and the actions of Trump were able to be conflated at all.

The white trump voter and "never Hillary" voter are largely the same IMO. I would argue the average "never Hillary" voter is a misogynistic individual hiding behind the curtains of Benghazi and "EMAILS!!!11" because the reality is, most of those individuals probably voted for a second term Bush Jr., a man that gave us the Patriot Act, a war that was built upon a lie or bad intel, and whose cabinet was littered with private email users. The double standard is damning.

No, I blame the voters for thinking their motivations and the actions of Trump were able to be conflated at all.

The white trump voter and "never Hillary" voter are largely the same IMO. I would argue the average "never Hillary" voter is a misogynistic individual hiding behind the curtains of Benghazi and "EMAILS!!!11" because the reality is, most of those individuals probably voted for a second term Bush Jr., a man that gave us the Patriot Act, a war that was built upon a lie or bad intel, and whose cabinet was littered with private email users. The double standard is damning.

Generalizing voters is usually not a good strategy.

I would argue that there is also a significant amount of people who wouldn't vote for Clinton because they didn't want a political dynasty or just because they find her personality deeply unlikable (lord knows she actually does move and look like what we imagine an android would). Or some that believed she had way too much baggage in her political career (not just benghazi and e-mails. Someone with more insight into her career may expand on this). Then there is also the people who wanted Bernie Sanders to be the nominee and feel cheated (I would say rightfully enough), and either abstained or voted trump/green/$other. Or the people in middle america who feel that the previous status quo was entirely focused on the east and west coasts, leaving flyover country with little saying on country matters. Any one of those could be a statically significant part of the population. None of them require you to be white or poorly educated.

It's not as easy as just white, xenophobic mysoginistic ignorants going 'muh freedums', though that is not to say that these do not exist.

Last edited:

Wot? I voted for her...but it was a "never Trump" vote more than it was a "yes to Hillary" vote. Make no mistake...there are LOTS of intelligent reasons not to want her to be our president. And if one's ideals happen to be more on the pro-business, conservative side, it might make those folks on the borderline to tick the "R" box instead of the "D". Because I'm generally more socially and fiscally liberal, I ticked the "D" box IN SPITE of it being Hillary.

I would argue that there is also a significant amount of people who wouldn't vote for Clinton because they didn't want a political dynasty or just because they find her personality deeply unlikable (lord knows she actually does move and look like what we imagine an android would).

Trump's personality is also deeply unlikable, in fact his personality and businesses are rooted in misogyny and it didn't make an iota of difference to his voters. If that isn't telltale sign of the level of misogynistic viewpoints carried by Trump voters, then I don't know what else to tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Wot? I voted for her...but it was a "never Trump" vote more than it was a "yes to Hillary" vote. Make no mistake...there are LOTS of intelligent reasons not to want her to be our president. And if one's ideals happen to be more on the pro-business, conservative side, it might make those folks on the borderline to tick the "R" box instead of the "D". Because I'm generally more socially and fiscally liberal, I ticked the "D" box IN SPITE of it being Hillary.

So did I. I have never been a fan of Hillary either but I was able to see past my personal issues with her and realize the risks associated with having an egomaniac like Trump as the figurehead of our country.

So did I. I have never been a fan of Hillary either but I was able to see past my personal issues with her and realize the risks associated with having an egomaniac like Trump as the figurehead of our country.

x2. I hate Hillary's guts but voted for her anyways because Trump.

Suffice it to say, the average person is grossly misinformed and highly susceptible to bullshit. It's because of this uninformed electorate that we have terrible leaders and this two party system packed with career politicians that don't give a fuck about us.

Things like Facebook don't help much either. You are friends with people that believe idiotic things and they share videos and then you get these suggested videos that reinforce the idiotic crap. It's a giant cycle of idiocy

Now I'm going to carefully get off my high horse without injuring myself ;)

The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

You do realize that accusing the average "anyone but Hillary" voter as being misogynistic (implying that more people than not do not have any legitimate political reason otherwise) is textbook left wing rhetoric to try and marginalize anyone who doesn't agree with them, right? It's bullshit.

This isn't about Obama or Bush. This is about you still failing to provide any rational argument and continuing to demonstrate that education does not necessarily equate to critical thinking.

Generalizing voters is usually not a good strategy.

I would argue that there is also a significant amount of people who wouldn't vote for Clinton because they didn't want a political dynasty or just because they find her personality deeply unlikable (lord knows she actually does move and look like what we imagine an android would). Or some that believed she had way too much baggage in her political career (not just benghazi and e-mails. Someone with more insight into her career may expand on this). Then there is also the people who wanted Bernie Sanders to be the nominee and feel cheated (I would say rightfully enough), and either abstained or voted trump/green/$other. Or the people in middle america who feel that the previous status quo was entirely focused on the east and west coasts, leaving flyover country with little saying on country matters. Any one of those could be a statically significant part of the population. None of them require you to be white or poorly educated.

It's not as easy as just white, xenophobic mysoginistic ignorants going 'muh freedums', though that is not to say that these do not exist.
This. So much this.

Suffice it to say, the average person is grossly misinformed and highly susceptible to bullshit. It's because of this uninformed electorate that we have terrible leaders and this two party system packed with career politicians that don't give a fuck about us.

Things like Facebook don't help much either. You are friends with people that believe idiotic things and they share videos and then you get these suggested videos that reinforce the idiotic crap. It's a giant cycle of idiocy

Now I'm going to carefully get off my high horse without injuring myself ;)
So much of this as well.

Last edited:
This is about you still failing to provide any rational argument and continuing to demonstrate that education does not necessarily equate to critical thinking.

...as you casually brush aside my point about the average "never Hillary" Trump voter holding Hillary to a higher standard, even though that individual likely voted for someone that was up to the same antics in the past.

This isn't some left-wing tactic. This is a fact.

...as you casually brush aside my point about the average "never Hillary" Trump voter holding Hillary to a higher standard, even though that individual likely voted for someone that was up to the same antics in the past.

This isn't some left-wing tactic. This is a fact.
I didn't brush aside anything. I didn't address it because I think it's quite likely that many who voted Trump did so simply because she's not Hillary, regardless of reason.

Using the term "higher standard" when describing Hillary Clinton, given her proven track record of disregard for the American people and its governance, is laughable.

The "left wing" tactic I mentioned was when you accused the average "anyone but Hillary" voter as being a misogynist, which is a baseless and inflammatory accusation.