Complaints Complaints Complaints

matt_shaw said:
i hate my damn knee and team sports.

i've been having minor knee problems for a few years now which prevent me from doing gym class. i need gym to graduate so i have to do 30 hours of swimming, which i've already and done liked but now i have to do 40 hours of team sports, which i hate

can't you say becuase of you're medical situation, you are unable to complete this?

More complaints, yes.

My school year has turned into this routine:
1)Go to school
2)Do nothing in any of my classes except for AP Calc
3)Get assigned shit-loads of "fluff" and text work
4)Go home and spend 6-7 hours everyday doing this "fluff" work.
5)Repeat

Its getting quite rediculous, especially in my English class, we do absolutely nothing in the class (partly becuase its 1st period and my teacher hasn't had her coffee yet) yet we recieve massive amounts of writing assignments. I am starting to include subtle hints and messages that these assignments are crap, but I doubt she reads through what we write, so I doubt she will get the hint.

On a positive note, my political science teacher explained to us that he spends whatever free time he has at home reading every paper that we write. I appreciate this since I spent a lot of time on my research/opinion papers that I write for his class.

I am just getting tired of all this "Read these pages, do all the review questions, define all the vocabulary words by friday". This stuff takes time, and its so boring to have no time after school to be able to have dinner with my family or watch even 30 min of TV becuase I have all this time-consuming work. Like I mentioned in my other post, I take my time on every piece of work that I do, I cannot "BS" my way through this work, my work eithic isn't like that. So I am kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. It is no fun, lettme tell you. I kinda wished that my senior year would be more exciting than coming home to doing work everyday. I am taking college classes, so I suppose it is understandable for all this text work, but I wish the teachers would lecture or something.

I have a sticky note pad that has all the assignments that I must complete by the end of the week, it is always full, and once I get them all done, it just fills back up by the end of classes on Monday.

i hated that as well

could do like i did, stay home and study on your own

Complaints about school too. Fucking mathematics, physics, mechanicsand other boring stuff. I like the concepts of everything, but as soon they start explaining everything with mathematical stuff, I hate it. I'm glad next semester we'll start with "the real deal", being informatics, for which I chose. I only hope it will be a little more interesting.

bone said:
i hated that as well

could do like i did, stay home and study on your own

I seriously could eliminate going to half my classes that way. My entire grade for english (writing class) was made up from the stuff we did at home.

I don't know in which year you are, but in my final 2 years most of my teachers made their lesson non-compulsory, I was free to go or don't. But of course I had to hand it all the work. That's really the way it should be. :thumbsup:

hajj said:
I don't know in which year you are, but in my final 2 years most of my teachers made their lesson non-compulsory, I was free to go or don't. But of course I had to hand it all the work. That's really the way it should be. :thumbsup:

same here

all assignments were posted on a website, and we had the email address of all teacher to hand them in

hajj said:

Yeah some states are better than others about that here. For example, when I was in school, you were required by law to attend school. If you had missed 10 days of school, you automatically failed and had to repeat that specific grade. It's really a disappointment that there is a law on the books that requires that. Therefore when I was in school I went, because I had to, and did a lot of work at home, work I could have been doing while wasting my time in school. Thankfully in college those same rules did not apply.

Well that shouldnt be a problem. I always had to come to school anyway, but I could skip most of the lessons and then "study" somewhere else in school.

hajj said:
Well that shouldnt be a problem. I always had to come to school anyway, but I could skip most of the lessons and then "study" somewhere else in school.

still wouldn't work, as there were no other places to go, and you had to have permission to be anywhere but the specific class you had at that time. It was quite restrictive, and backwards.

hokiethang said:
hajj said:

Yeah some states are better than others about that here. For example, when I was in school, you were required by law to attend school. If you had missed 10 days of school, you automatically failed and had to repeat that specific grade. It's really a disappointment that there is a law on the books that requires that. Therefore when I was in school I went, because I had to, and did a lot of work at home, work I could have been doing while wasting my time in school. Thankfully in college those same rules did not apply.

Pretty much the same thing here, if you miss like 11 classes within 2 semesters you have to repeat. Its really ghey.

matt_shaw said:
words cannot describe how much i hate school. too much stress

Couldn't agree more. The last three finals of my academic career are proving to be a pain. Luckily at least I put in the work, so that if I fail any of these finals, i'll still graduate, so its not as stressful as it could be. (even though my future employer wants a copy of my college transcript, so I have to at least get decent grades :-\ or else I would have stopped doing work months ago.)

2 down, 1 1/3 to go. (2/3 of another are done now, freaking take home finals). I'd love to turn the last final in tomorrow afternoon, since well then I would be done a day early. That'll only happen though if I can figure out the communication problems in my parallel code. I've worked on it for 3 hours tonight, to get 2/3 of it done, Just have part 2, half of part 4 and a bit of part 5 left to do. (and i'm planning to go back to it very shortly, after I take a bit of a break).

Go Hokie, Go Hokie, Its your finals day, its finals day, we gonna parti like its your finals days. :banana:

Lol, I need a good night sleep. Keep on trucking Hokie.

jayjaya29 said:
Go Hokie, Go Hokie, Its your finals day, its finals day, we gonna parti like its your finals days. :banana:

Lol, I need a good night sleep. Keep on trucking Hokie.

Heh, just a quick update, I have finished the take home final and submitted it. The last one is in 2 hours, and hopefully will be fairly easy. Then I am free :-D