Which camera should i get?a 9 megapixl or a 5?

Big Chevy

I really dont know what i should do. there are two cameras i want:

a fuji s5600\s5200:

Fuji-S5200.jpg

which is a 5.1 megapixl.

and the 9 megapixl s9000/s9500

S9000_duo_lg.jpg

S9000_top_lg.jpg

the 9 megapixl will cost me about 445 pounds and the 5.1 megapixl will cost me 260 pounds. so what should i do? will there be a big difference in a 1600x1200 photo? the thing is i enjoy taking pictures of cars and i need my camera to be fast. does the s9000 have a 100% auto mode?what do you think i should get? i use my camera to take pictures of cars.http://www.israel-carsightings.com/ you can see some here. would the five megapixl be good?

thanks.

If the cameras were exactly the same except for the megapixels, the only time the 9 megapixel would have any advantage over the 5 is if you wanted to display an image larger than 3000xWhatever OR you want to blow an image up.

Ex: if you're taking a picture of something small or far away, the 9 will be helpful because you can take just a small part of the image and not be left with a crappy low res image.

But anyway, features aside, go for the 5. Hell, I'm still using a 1.3MP camera and a 2MP camera. :p

the difference between those two is a much bigger than just the megapixel...

the s5600 is a good consumer camera, while the s9500 is a DSLR for amateurs.
so it does not depend on the Mp count, but on what you want to do.

i've got the older s5500 model, and it is very good. but now that i am interested in photography, i'd like to have a DSLR. the s5500 is rather limited for an enthusiast.

the s9500 is a DSLR, it has however, aside from the 9MP, the same automatic functions like the s5500, so it will be easy to use and it is probably faster, but it has one drawback, thats the lense which you cannot change. a proper DSLR should allow you to do that.

if you don't know what DSLR means, the only difference you can see between these two cameras is the MP count and all you want to do is snap some good pictures, you are probably better of with the s5600, as it will do the job. megapixel aren't that important, the older s5500 has only 4, but you can cut them a little bit and still get great pictures in din A4 (20cm*30cm).
i don't know the speed of the 9500, but it should be faster than the s5600, so if speed really matters a lot you should probably not get the s5500, that one isn't slow like many other digicams, but you clearly notice the difference between the 5500 and a DSLR.
if you are really interested in photography however, and want to invest more money and get a DSLR, then i would look for a canon eos350d or nikon d50. they shouldn't cost much more than the s9500, but allow you to change the lenses. although the standard lenses won't feature such a big range as the s9500, you will be able to get more out of them if you decide to buy extra lenses and you don't need 10x zoom to snap pictures of cars anyway.

I've got the S5200 and love it. It's a very good camera. I like the fact that it's a very simple point and shoot camera, but at the same time can be used like a mini DSLR. If you want to see some sample pictures of what this camera will do, go to my site. http://sdr.vze.com

thanks a lot people! you were all a huge help! can the s9000 owner please post a few pictures? just one thing can i point and snap with the s9000?say if a some supercar drives by :lol:

ryosuke wtf are you saying?

the S9000/9500 is a BRIDGE not a DSLR. A bridge is a high level consumer camera which is a DSLR look-alike. But it's got a regular sensor, and only one lens.

But let me recommend the S9000, my father has a S7000 (basically the v1.0 of it) and it's a great camera..

only thing missing, no Image Stabilization with the long zoom.. horrible jpeg compression...

it's the best Bridge out there in terms of noise though. :thumbsup:

Renesis said:
ryosuke wtf are you saying?

the S9000/9500 is a BRIDGE not a DSLR. A bridge is a high level consumer camera which is a DSLR look-alike. But it's got a regular sensor, and only one lens.

But let me recommend the S9000, my father has a S7000 (basically the v1.0 of it) and it's a great camera..

only thing missing, no Image Stabilization with the long zoom.. horrible jpeg compression...

it's the best Bridge out there in terms of noise though. :thumbsup:
sorry, i thought the s9500 was a dslr...it said something like dslr approach on the fuji website...if it isn't, there is even less reason to get one, as you can get a good entry level dslr for roughly the same price...

I personally have a 5600/5200 and it is a great camera... would like to have the SLR type zoom though where you zoom with the barrell