Veyron killer?

I think it's wrong to even compare the S7 and the Veyron because they are in
totally different leagues.

The Saleen S7 is built for a track, and looks thereafter*, whilst the Veyron is an icon
of mans lunacy combined with striking Italian beauty. That's why I think it has more
soul. It takes some serious balls to go through with such a project, escpescially
facing all the negative-PR they got during production and then went through with
it. All respect to Piech and Bugatti.

(* It's looks are predictable yet vulgar)

you guys want an update on Koenigsegg ?

ok .. B?rd Eker the owner of Hydrolift now owns 45% of Koenigsegg,
Hydrolift (norwegian "super"boat bulider) has for some time been koenigseggs partner and now mutch more..
Christian von Koenigsegg himself only owns 45%
the rest is owned by alot of other people :p

PS: B?rd Eker is now the World champion in the World Powerboat Championship..
in the koenigsegg sponserd "spirit of norway"..
in some ways .. koenigsegg is now more norwegian then swedish :p

the CCR has now done a 7 minutes and 34 seconds run around the N?rburgring..
it has also sett a few new Supertest Records...

0-200 km/h: 9.6 Seconds – New record!
36 m Slalom speed: 138 km/h – New record!
110 m Slalom Speed: 158 km/h – New record!

Hockenheim:
Laptime: 1.09.8 Seconds
Long straight end speed – just before nord kurve: 220 km/h – New record!

N?rburgring - Nordschleife:
Laptime: 7.34 Seconds
Long straight end speed - Doetinger Hoehe: 313 km/h – New record!

and there not dun fine tuning it ..
infact! .. Geneva 2006 a new CCR will be shown!!
Not confirmd..

how quick does the veyron do 200kmh? i've heard 6.7 and 7.3.

this is Sportsauto Supertest .. the veyron might brake a few of these records.. but they havnet tested it yet ...

"The Supertest conducted by Sportauto cheif-editor Horst von Surma is considered a true benchmark of performance."

whilst the Veyron is an icon
of mans lunacy combined with striking Italian beauty
Erhm, i don't know if an Italian designed it, but the Buggati is now build in France... You also said it will never be matched. Hmm, what was it they said when the Mclaren F1 came out? Other than that i totally agree with you.
The whole point of the S7's aerodynamis is to create incredible downforce, which is a key component of excellent cornering ability.
And slow top speed, which is why i think it will never reach 400 km/h. Allthough i do think it will be a better car than the Koenigsegg because of their racing xp.

M3lover said:
whilst the Veyron is an icon
of mans lunacy combined with striking Italian beauty
Erhm, i don't know if an Italian designed it, but the Buggati is now build in France... You also said it will never be matched. Hmm, what was it they said when the Mclaren F1 came out? Other than that i totally agree with you.
The whole point of the S7's aerodynamis is to create incredible downforce, which is a key component of excellent cornering ability.
And slow top speed, which is why i think it will never reach 400 km/h. Allthough i do think it will be a better car than the Koenigsegg because of their racing xp.

keeping speed through the twisties is what wins races. its the whole reason i dont think i could ever buy an american muscle car, no matter how much i admire them.

sandor_ said:
keeping speed through the twisties is what wins races. its the whole reason i dont think i could ever buy an american muscle car, no matter how much i admire them.

Nobody says you have to race them to enjoy them! ;)

BerserkerCatSplat said:
sandor_ said:

Nobody says you have to race them to enjoy them! ;)

if you are on public roads, then going 400 km/h or 380 km/h is meaningless.

what is with this misconception that americans can't make cars that handle well?!

True, muscle cars of the old days wouldn't hold a candle to a modern minivan (I'm stretching this a bit I imagine but just trying to get my point across)

the SRT cars do handle well, hell a 4200lb brick that handles better than a MIATA?!

The Saleen can handle well worth a damn and shouldn't be taken lightly...Americans are starting to get the point of handling and I find it irritating that people don't realize it. :bangin:

um ok....what did you expect? it's a 5500lb brick. It handles extremely well for what it is. A pickup with a big arse engine that has tons of torque. And if I remember right, no magazine has complained of it handling like a turd...yet. :bangin: :twisted:

faterotong said:
um ok....what did you expect? it's a 5500lb brick. It handles extremely well for what it is. A pickup with a big arse engine that has tons of torque. And if I remember right, no magazine has complained of it handling like a turd...yet. :bangin: :twisted:
thats because it cant take turns. i'm not saying this for just the Ram, its like that for almost all trucks. there is so little weight over the rear and way too much over the front. and then there is the weight overall, you go into the corner and you either end up with plow-on understeer or the back will whip out with an attemp to kill that understeer. I've yet to see a truly good handling truck.

^ i was talking about trucks in general. the SRT-10 is only good handling when compared to comparably sized trucks. the reason for that is because it rides much lower than most trucks do, and its suspension is not nearly as soft as the stock Ram's. the massive weight doesnt get thrown around nearly as much. However, the SRT-10 is purely a street truck, it is thoroughly useless offroad from what i hear. I cant really think of a non modded truck (including the Lightning and Silverado SS) that can actually handle well, they are just not made for it.

The X-Runner is less a pickup truck than even the SRT-10. It's a sport truck, and an underpowered one at that. (It doesn't even have a V8, for crying out loud.) It is not a pickup truck. Pickup trucks are used for work. They are bought on the criteria of carrying capacity and towing capacity, not handling.

I have seen people using Lightnings and SRT-10's on the job site, but I can almost garuntee that nobody will use an X-Runner there.