UK Game on US system

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
I just ordered formula one 05 for my PS2, not knowing that its a UK and Japan only game, probably because here in the US its all about NASCAR :yucky: so now i need to find a way to get the US spec PS2 to run it and have the PAL signal converted to NTSC. Preferrably for under $150 cuz i probably wont be buying many more UK games. Sry if this is a repost

Either get a TV that does PAL and NTSC signals (I make sure everyone in my house can do this as I "import" :roll: a lot of games from the US).

Or you can buy a converter that goes between your PS2 and your TV. Not sure how much these cost, as I have never actually seen one, I have just read about them and know you can order them from stores online.

The third option, and would be my last resort, but may work for you because, as you said, you won't be importing many games, is to use a program to convert it from PAL to NTSC. Apparently it is only a small change (not like the game has to be entirely reprogrammed). I have used a program to do this in the past (before I got all my dual format TV's) and it works, but I did have trouble with the audio sync and positioning of the screen. Do bear in mind that this was over a year ago, and they may have better programs out to do this now.

Hope this has helped sum up the options. A flamingice has said After Dawn is a great site for this kind of stuff.

Isn't there also a regional lockout built into the PS2 too? US games can only be played on US systems. European ones on Europeans systems. To get around this, there is a "mod chip" that "unlocks" your system to play any game.

I just bought the Japanese version of F1 05 yesterday. What a coincidence! It's actually a pretty decent game. I'm still in the process of practicing the circuits . . .

sell the game and get the US version?

Yea, I was wondering what can I do to convert the PAL signal to NTSC signal too, cuz I have a few Chinese version games. But if you get the Japanese NTSC version, you can just install a no-solder modship and use a Swap Magic to load the game.

Yes but my japanese is pretty limited and im planning on doing this with my roommates. who cant read ANY