Ahmadinejad says the darndest things!

Well I agree with you, but it's different in Iran's case. It's a known fact that the real power is wielded by the Supreme Leader (Khomeini and his successor Khamenei) and the Guardian Council... the president just takes care of day to day operations and is a bitch to the unelected ayatollahs.

astroboymoto said:
What about the 3mil(same number of Jews) Polish people that were killed in Poland also? is that not a holocaust also?

1. 6 million jews were killed.
2. that is so true. people are forgetting that its not only jews who were massacred by nazis. also gypsis and polish and other people were killed. and yet the world tends to ignore those and treat just the jewish holocaust.

Interesting you should say that, sort of like Bush in America: He is probably one of the dumbest people, even by American standards, yet the majority of the country support him and look up to him as their leader since he is leading the "War" on Terror.

Excuse me? Even by American standards? And you seriously think the majority of the country wants to be involved in this war? You think we are happy with him? You don't understand, the incumbency rate here in America has made politicians invincible and has turned our democracy into a dictatorship. And the office of the president is in dire peril. We had two assholes last election that were absolutely no good, we had to vote for the man who was going to mess up our country the least.

Do not talk about another country when you know very little about the political issues that plague it, and America isn't the only country with ignorant people who are too lazy to take part in politics and try to change things. In fact, most of the world is totally ignorant of how Americans feel about what the country is doing and our image around the world. While you may hear a lot about democracy coming from the fatcats in Washington, the American public has very little influence over anything the government does because not enough people realize our country is going to hell and they won't realize until it is too late.

///M said:
Nice analogy, and in America's case, the clerics are the Christian, right-wing madmen like Bill O'Reilly that spread the word. It's eaten up by Americans because they are isolated, they have no clue how things are outside. How do you think they pulled off stripping people of their basics rights with the explanation being madmen that hate Christianity are out to get us?

Oh my lord. You seriously believe this? You have generalized the entire American population into what is in truth a mere faction. I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are. Bill O'Reilly is a joke in America.

Every country has some group of people to be ashamed of, even yours, yet you don't see me neglecting the fact that most other people in said country actually think they are nuts but instead spread an uninformed stereotype across the rest of the people of the country, do you?

I'm sorry, yes I was generalising.

I meant that the people in power of both countries use similar tactics to gain support of the ignorant. A theocracy is a theocracy, whether it's Dubya who talks to god, or Ahmadinejad. One is definately more extreme than the other, that's because you have religion controlling more of the government.

Well I agree, religion shouldn't be controlling government in any circumstance. Oil and beating up Daddy's old enemies is Dubbya's religion nowadays, he just throws in Christian ideals to appeal to his conservative electorate.

To Urban Sombrero and ///M;

The term theocracy is used to describe a form of government in which a religion or faith plays a dominant role

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

At present the only nation that could accurately be deemed a theocracy, with little debate, is Vatican City.

Due to its leader, the Pope.

How is Christianity playing a dominant role in our gov't? Learn the terms you use before you start mouthing off and saying ignorant and basless comments. :bangin:

Dominant is subjective. You're trying to tell me Iran wouldn't be considered a theocracy? Saudi Arabia? There are many levels of government, and a big portion of yours, on many levels, openly profess belief in a god, and openly admit their beliefs help aide their choices.

Like I said, of course America isn't a 'full' theocracy. There is, however, a problem with the lack of secularism in your country, and it starts with the highest ranked official having discussions with some god.

justin syder said:
How is Christianity playing a dominant role in our gov't? Learn the terms you use before you start mouthing off and saying ignorant and basless comments. :bangin:

they would never vote a law which contradicts the bible, so it's dominantly present

they would never vote a law which contradicts the bible, so it's dominantly present

So how is abortion legal then? :? :bangin:

yeah, there are laws that contradict the bible, we're no theocracy. If we were do you think Las Vegas or Atlantic City would exist? Some people even maintain that Capitalism is against Christianity.

Good. They won't be exposed to the nefarious Western unbeliever that is Clay Aiken.

Who cares if you get to hear an instrumental version of Hotel California with scenes of flowers waving in the air... that's all you got anyway.

People can just continue to listen to whatever they wish.