What's better then Jeremy Clarkson in the Bugatti Veyron?

matt_shaw

Just another .ca?
TIFF NEEDELL DRIVING IT!!!

Amurphee (Dec 5, 2005 1:19:08 PM)
Hi tiff! So when will you be getting your hands on the bugatti veyron ???

tiff (Dec 5, 2005 1:19:08 PM)
In time for the Spring series!

From Fifth Gear webchat

I'm so excited!

Woot! finally a traditional review!

Chances are quite good he will do some proper high speed stuff, I hope???

Buba said:
What are they going to do, run it at Anglesey? :lol:

I was a bit disappointed at the Clarkson "review." He was talking about the car as if it were an engineering masterpiece instead of a car. I think Clarkson was just trying to make that point clear--this is a big step in engineering in general, not just for automobiles.

Tiff should be able do some very wicked things with the Veyron . . .

ESPNSTI said:
Buba said:
What are they going to do, run it at Anglesey? :lol:

Quite possible, Tiff wants to up the Ante on his British Landspeed record...

Basically, I would hope for a speedo cam run up to 300 km/h...

Haha nice thread title and opening post :D

Can't wait to see him get behind the wheel. To test a car like this, he's gonna need a special place. I wonder where...

i think that tiff won't that wild about the car. he's (my impression) also more driver oriented and not so fond of all those electronics.

and i don't see why jason shouldn't review it, i like his reviews. he doesn't end his sentences with "indeed" that much :D

Heh, shootout between a Veyron and a McLaren F1, anyone?

Kebab gud said:
that whould be boring ..

I agree... it would be like a Yugo vs. Ferrari... :lol:

ok, well not quite that lopsided, but the Bugatti would spank it in nearly every category I suspect.

teeb said:
Heh, shootout between a Veyron and a McLaren F1, anyone?

If he does a timed lap for each on a decent sized track. Maybe Silverstone. That would be awesome.

Im a confessed Veyron hater, so I liked reading this article. I think some of you guys will too. :lol:

http://www.tvrfreak.com/blog/phatrides/

I wonder if what Clarkson said about the Veyron and the McLaren in a straight race to 200 mph was true.

Definitely true. It's my favourite piece of statistic for about two months now.

"But the thing you?ll really struggle to get your head round, the statistic you?ll be boring your mates with for some years to come, is this; despite setting off 10 seconds after the McLaren ? when the F1 is already travelling at 130mph ? the Bugatti reaches 200mph at exactly the same time as the F1. Think about that."

Excerpt from Steve Sutcliffe's review in Autocar

Its a statistic said by Germans*. Id love to see it verified though.

* German engineers have a strange relationship with the truth at time. Witness the statement about the Carrera GT

Clarkson on Yahoo said:
Porsche says it's been round the N?rburgring with Walter R?hrl at the helm in 7.32. That's blisteringly fast. Or rather it would be if it were true. In a moment of candour, Walter admitted he'd never actually done it, he just guessed at how long it may have taken.

source : http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/features/super-cars/porsche-carrera/