The Lotus Sport Exige GT3

matt_shaw said:
BlaRo said:
It wouldnt' be stupid, if it actually fit. Which I doubt it would.

no i assure you. it would be stupid

It would be different, and the torque would probably rip the poor bugger in two.

I wasn't quite being serious, it's just a fun thought..

always cracks me up to hear people say 'just drop in a supra engine' for any car. the supra is an inline 6 and extremely long. it cant even fit in a diablo replica much less a transverse mounted mid mounted rear engined car :p
yea it's a great engine but a v8 or v10 would easily exceed it in performance and power. But either way a turbo V6 is all you would really want in the car.

the Elise has the toyota engine out of a Celica (GT i think?) and it's the same as the one in the MR2 Spyder, except each has been tuned differently.

The MR2 Spyder is almost the same as an Elise mechanically, but the chassis and suspension is what sets the two apart, and makes a huge difference in weight.

It's the Celica GTS engine, but Lotus re-worked a bunch of stuff to make it more high-strung.

How about an Elise with the Radical V8 -- the one with a custom block and Hayabusa heads, that weighs less than the Toyota engine. 360hp @ 10,500rpm, and it weighs less than 200lb.

That'd be hot.

The Supra engine probably won't fit, but a NSX V6 might. :D

awdrifter said:
The Supra engine probably won't fit, but a NSX V6 might. :D

Yeah, but the NSX is already a little bit Lotus, so you can have one of those instead... :mrgreen:

Alritie...This is my first post but I lurked around here quite a bit, but I felt I needed to chime in on this one

All I have to say is that about once every few months someone always goes to the elise boards and suggests it. Usually from a 16 year old kid that DOES NOT own an elise. As others have mentioned it wouldn't fit and is mounted differently and with the money you could buy a noble. If you really want more power from an elise forcefed has a turbo kits (250hp and 400hp) as well as a few other aftermarket companys. Also you are overlooking one small bit by sticking a 2jz in there..."Simplify and Add Lightness"

To all those who had nice comments about the elise/exige thank you...its comments like those that got me thou the year + of waiting on the list...

Adios...
rCSC_5830.jpg

(me and my baby enjoying some quality time together...

welcome to the boards man!!! just a couple things

1. is the tape so that you dont scratch the bodywork with the cones?

2. please make a new thread and post some better pictures of your beautiful car!!!

Even though I don't really like the Elise, I have HUGE respect for it.

Yea. You see all those rubber marks on the cones, when you hit the cones the rubber gets transfered onto the car. Its not permanent and doesn't affect the paint, but it's very annoying to remove. It's alot easier to just tape the car up.