PNY nVidia 5500 video card won't let me use dual monitors

awdrifter

I have a PNY nVidia 5500 video card, it should support dual monitor (either span or dual view). Plugged in my TV as a second monitor, the card recognizes the TV, it even let me set it as primary display, but for some reason, it won't let me use dual monitor. This is probably the software preventing me from doing it. Is there a way to unlock it? Thanks.

http://img523.imageshack.**/img523/3557/mon7eo.jpg

Unless you have two monitor connections on the back of your video card, I believe you can't have dual output. However, even my old GeForce 4 TI4200 can handle doing a monitor and a TV at the same time, so...

If you do have 2 monitor outputs on the back of your card, then try plugging the monitor into the other output. The S-Video output and the 2nd monitor output (or is it the first? I forget) can't be used at the same time, so you need to have your monitor plugged into the other output.

Thanks. It worked, I plugged the monitor into the other output and now it lets me use two monitors at the same time.

Viper007Bond said:
Unless you have two monitor connections on the back of your video card, I believe you can't have dual output. However, even my old GeForce 4 TI4200 can handle doing a monitor and a TV at the same time, so...

If you do have 2 monitor outputs on the back of your card, then try plugging the monitor into the other output. The S-Video output and the 2nd monitor output (or is it the first? I forget) can't be used at the same time, so you need to have your monitor plugged into the other output.

Hehe, I got a ti4200, I can dual monitor or monitor and TV as well. I think my ti4200 has been the best card I have every owned. Period.