Ghost in the Shell

Catbunny

Not A Dude
Anyone else love these movies and/or the series?

Stand Alone Complex Rules!

Yep, I have watched both series. The new movie had some great animation too!

Liked the first film and have the first series of Stand Alone Complex (havent watched them all yet though) and have seen some of 2nd GIG, but I havent seen the second film or played any of the games though, also liked Production I.G's Patlabor films as well.

Awww yeah! Patlabor.. man those movies have such great attention to detail.. The sections where they spend some time to show the settings in which the story takes place are so beautiful.. man those must be my fav. animation movies next to Akira and the Ghibli stuff.

Gabkicks said:
yeah. great anime. :) i never played the game though, just the demo.

We never tried the game either. Or I think we did, but it didn't allow for lefty control settings for the hubby and I wasn't going to play it much, so we returned it.

The series is great though. The 2nd movie is a bit heady, but I like that.

There are a few GITS games, my girlfriend has one for PS2 and it's very very cool. The controls were a bit much to get used to, but once you are past that it's nice.

2nd gig rocked, a great story to succeed the Laughing Man saga.

hehe just watched the special edition of it last nite

gotta love the manga style movies

they aint scared to show things

Patlabor is great! I recently found a ton of the original Patlabor series on VHS at a local comics shop and got 7 tapes for $10! So old-school. The art in Wasted 13 was amazing.

Loved the two GITS movies and the game. But I didn't like the GITS:SAC series. It's too random and it doesn't really have a central story.

awdrifter said:
Loved the two GITS movies and the game. But I didn't like the GITS:SAC series. It's too random and it doesn't really have a central story.

It does have a central story. If you want to follow the central story watch all the non 'stand alone' episodes. The stand alone episodes don't have anything to do with the main laughing man story line. This goes for the first season at any rate. There are also several other small story lines that run through all the episodes. What have you watched up to so far?

Ghost In The Shell :thumbsup:

I have the first movie and have watched some of the episodes of the Laughing man stuff. (subtitles keep me from really diving in ... )

I started watching Innocence but never got around to watching the end of it. (again, subtitles... )

I have played the PS1 game lots :p and just got around to the Stand Alone Complex one for the PS2. Yes, the controls are a little hard getting used to, maybe too much to my liking. :unsure:

We just switched some of our channels on our cable subscription this week and I just found out I can get "Stand Alone Complex" in English on one of the new channels !! :thumbsup:

Time to get up to speed on what I haven't seen so far... :woot:

Catbunny said:
awdrifter said:

It does have a central story. If you want to follow the central story watch all the non 'stand alone' episodes. The stand alone episodes don't have anything to do with the main laughing man story line. This goes for the first season at any rate. There are also several other small story lines that run through all the episodes. What have you watched up to so far?

I only watched about 5 ep of GITS:SAC season 1. I'll give season 2 a shot. Thanks for the info.