Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

craigblock said:
I'm probably totally on my own on this one, but I'd love to see an episode about the good old American land yachts of the 60s and 70s. I think it would be a hoot to see/hear Jeremy rip on the poor handling and all that stuff, not to mention how they'd look on their Power Laps! Just imagine a Cadillac Eldorado and a Lincoln Continental (forget the Bentley) in the hands of the Stig!

Jeremey did have a good go at them in his Motorworld series ....

^and he did drive an F1 race

so he should go an the ex-F1-driver-board as well

I think they should do a 4x4 for under 5000 pounds challenge and seeing as they got their mothers to test drive cars they could try letting their wives/girlfriend have a go.

Also they could do a big race between Jeremy driving a car and James and Hammond on their bikes.

Evo7 said:
<snip>

Also they could do a big race between Jeremy driving a car and James and Hammond on their bikes.

Now that's a great suggestion....considering how Jeremy hates bikes (mainly the power ranger riders) this would be perfect!

Better yet, Jeremy has to ride a scooter or moped while James and Hammond relax in a car. Make them go from London to somewhere in Scotland or something. Force Jeremy to don leathers and a pink helmet on a woefully slow bike for maximum effect.

For next season, I would really love to see another Supercar Tour like they did with the GT/Zonda/F430 ...
The bike vs car suggestion is pretty cool as well ...

I have the ultimate idea!

All three start in a sportscar dead centre in Europe and the proceed in seperate directions. And the challange is to visit as many car related sites as possible. It can be old race tracks as well as town in which great companies were founded. Would be both funny and informative. In the end Jeremy would start to make up stories about nothing at all just to win. :D

EDIT

I must add! This could be like a huge scavanger hunt over an entire continent passing over two days. They could have a checklist of for instance: "Race a lap around an F1 track" or "scare the living crap out of random children with the exhaust noise".

"scare the living crap out of random children with the exhaust noise".
HAHA thats a funny one...

The GT/Zonda/F430 would be cool but i wouldnt really want to see another one of those episodes again. That episode couldve been alot better but for some reason it just didnt cut it. and at some points it felt like it was never ending.

I wouldnt mind a Bike vs Car race. but thinking about it raises some questions.. Both have to get from point A to point B, dont u think they'll use the same route? and if so long straight aways, etc.. i think the result is going to be pretty obvious. Or maybe its just me

I think that the Scavanger hunt would be hilarious. Its a good idea. i Doubt it'll ever take place tho. :'(

What i would like to see beside Tiff are more car comparisons like the one with the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Ferrari 550 with the GTC package (im not sure). More of those on your air field rather than going in a far away land which cost twice as much. And maybe the driver in the other car could be tiff... yeah JC and tiff going at it - that would be interesting

dont u think?

waiting u read ur responses

Mojo

mojo_786 said:
"
I wouldnt mind a Bike vs Car race. but thinking about it raises some questions.. Both have to get from point A to point B, dont u think they'll use the same route? and if so long straight aways, etc.. i think the result is going to be pretty obvious. Or maybe its just me

It depends what sort of bike is used. If they were to take one of James's classic ones, of course the bike would lose but a racing type of bike would mean they would win. Also the race would show how bike and car users have to face different situations. Car drivers have to put up with traffic whilst bike riders have to try not to be knocked over by some van driver and put up with police constantly pulling them over just because they're driving a bike.

Never thought of that..

"put up with police constantly pulling them over just because they're driving a bike." Do the bikers get pulled over that much?

Yeah if the bikes evenly match up to which ever car then yeah its not that bad of an idea.

You know, the Porsche for $1500 pounds episode was pretty good, but left me a little concerned.
The examples used were poorly maintained, and gave me the impression that most of them would be like this.

How about an episode that features some well-kept examples of the classic older Porsches. The 356, 911, 912, 924, 924S, 944, 928..etc..

And I do mean well kept examples. I'll even donate my car for this purpose, but you've gotta pay transport costs.

Lamborghini espisode was done, so why not Porsche episode?

Seeing the spoiler threads with the Olympic-themed events gave me an idea. How about squaring off with cars vs. cars? As in, complete a series of potentially destructive and explosive events with different old cars representing their respective countries. Get an old BMW for Germany, send in a Toyota for Japan, throw in a few rusty Corvettes as America, etc.

Also, do the scriptwriters actually read this thread? Has anybody here actually had their idea used?

BlaRo said:
Seeing the spoiler threads with the Olympic-themed events gave me an idea. How about squaring off with cars vs. cars? As in, complete a series of potentially destructive and explosive events with different old cars representing their respective countries. Get an old BMW for Germany, send in a Toyota for Japan, throw in a few rusty Corvettes as America, etc.

They did something similar to that in one of the earlier series, they had a long jump competition if i recall.

Curlay said:
BlaRo said:

They did something similar to that in one of the earlier series, they had a long jump competition if i recall.

yep before the greek olympics... USSR won it :D
(coincidence - i watched it today )

Russian - are the BEST! :D

I would like to see Top Gear actually sell Stig shirts. All the knockoffs look like complete crap.

Macleod said:
You know, the Porsche for $1500 pounds episode was pretty good, but left me a little concerned.
The examples used were poorly maintained, and gave me the impression that most of them would be like this.

How about an episode that features some well-kept examples of the classic older Porsches. The 356, 911, 912, 924, 924S, 944, 928..etc..

And I do mean well kept examples. I'll even donate my car for this purpose, but you've gotta pay transport costs.

Lamborghini espisode was done, so why not Porsche episode?

youre gonna sell yours to them for 1500 pounds? :?