avi to DVD

v8can

i just bought a dvd burner and i was wondering if it was possible to burn my episodes on to dvd disc and make them wathable on a dvd player

Cheers :thumbsup:

There's a couple of threads about this (but I'm too lazy to find them :p)

Easiest way to do it is using Nero - very simple, just select the avi's, do the menu, and let it do it's thing.

I convert all the ep's so I can watch them on the tv.

^I did for the first time ever for the last episode of TG and I got the menu looking pretty good. It had a huge TG logo in the background.
But the encoding was crap. The quality that is. I'm fumbled when it comes to burning disks.

Pfft, S-Video out plus my 50 foot S-Video cable for the win. ^_^

Viper007Bond said:
Pfft, S-Video out plus my 50 foot S-Video cable for the win. ^_^

Same here (but only 5m cable) :D

andyhui01 said:
I can't find the S-video out cable :(

:huh: On your computer or can't you find the end of the cable :p

I can't find the cable in the shops... cuz my S-video out is kinda weird... the width is more or less the width of a typical Audio Jack

our S-Video cable broke, it cost us $30 to get the one of the right length.
@andyhui01: are you sure thats an S-Video out that you are looking at?

andyhui01 said:
I can't find the cable in the shops... cuz my S-video out is kinda weird... the width is more or less the width of a typical Audio Jack

Just use that. Its only composite then, so loss in quality... Most TVs will have a connector for that (the yellow one...)

You should basically have a Y cord, with one end fitting in the Graphicscard and 2 ends having a female S-video and a composite (use any ordinary audio cable...)

S-video (or S-VHS) looks like this -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-video

Composite like this -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_video

Buba

hdmi in a year or two...

If its only A/V equipment, its already hdmi.

You can buy amps, dvd players and TVs with it...

Radeon X1800 is the first GPU to support HDCP, so it will be able to output even copyrighted material... gpus with hdmi instead of DVI are said to be availible within the year...

jensked said:
I hate the lack of standardisized connectors.

On audio, video, computer hardware,...

i hear you

look what i had to buy just for having sound when watching TV on my pc (ATI radeon 8500DV)
videoware_1876_9578714.jpg

of course unfindeable in europe, had to be shipped from america :x

i does have all in/outputs you can imagine though (for that time)

jensked said:
But there's also no standard in professional audio eqpuiment and that's what I hate the most. And I don't think that will be solved soon. :x

Do you mean audio mixers and stuff? XLR cables have been the standard for awhile now ;) Then of course there's the Red/White RCA cables for everything else.

jeffy777 said:
Do you mean audio mixers and stuff? XLR cables have been the standard for awhile now ;) Then of course there's the Red/White RCA cables for everything else.

Well, Mackie uses jack outputs from mixer to amp on several of their desks. Others use XLR. Then you've got the amp outputs and speaker cables: jack / speakon / other speakon / ...

And I think RCA is not really professional audio. Not balanced, plugs out too easily...

jensked said:
jeffy777 said:

Well, Mackie uses jack outputs from mixer to amp on several of their desks. Others use XLR. Then you've got the amp outputs and speaker cables: jack / speakon / other speakon / ...

As long as you have XLR and 1/4 inch jack cables, you should be good to go in every situation.

For speaker cables, 1/4 inch cables will cover it, and just have some speakon adaptors ready when needed.

But yes, I can see the need for one standard for all :)

And I think RCA is not really professional audio. Not balanced, plugs out too easily...

That's why I said "everything else" as in non-professional