Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Those taillights on the Sulan look quite a bit like Opel Omega/Vauxhall Carlton ones...

Drifting the Grand Cherokee is actually quite fun and really easy. Standard torque split is 60% rear so just turn the TC off and give it the beans. Only downside is that I might be sleeping on the couch tonight :confused:
This is why I have a comfy couch ;) Why don't you look at the actual Wranglers? Pentasuck aside they are supposedly pretty good.

This is why I have a comfy couch ;) Why don't you look at the actual Wranglers? Pentasuck aside they are supposedly pretty good.
I have no experience with the JL but the JK is terrible. Very uncomfortable, barebones interior, terrible ride and handling, really slow, really expensive - it's the opposite of what I want in every way.

Just went to the new car expo.

Toyota trucks and SUV have impressively shitty visibility. The 4Runner TRD Pro has a front blind spot that I estimate to be 20 feet long - and that's for a 6'4" tall guy sitting with his head brushing the headliner. The Tundra is ridiculous, it has TWO fake hood scoops stacked on top of each other. I could not see the rins of the minivan parked 30 feet away across the bow if that battle ship. The hood was probably 10 inches taller than it needed to be and almost half a foot thick.

The Tacoma was terrible and the interior was garbage. Ford and GM both had it beat in design and materials. Yes, that GM.

Yeah I had a Tacoma as a rental last week not too far from Tacoma, WA :D

It’s very dated inside. I was happy to have radar cruise control but the rest just felt like a car from 2012...

In hindsight, your legs go out in front like an old American car rather than down like most cars today and it wasn’t uncomfortable for the shortish drives I had but it was weird. It also has quite a wobbly ride.

It's even worse if you are tall, the seating position rocks you back on your tail bone so there's no thigh support, your ass hurts, and it screws up your back.

Yeah I had a Tacoma as a rental last week not too far from Tacoma, WA :D

It’s very dated inside. I was happy to have radar cruise control but the rest just felt like a car from 2012...

In hindsight, your legs go out in front like an old American car rather than down like most cars today and it wasn’t uncomfortable for the shortish drives I had but it was weird. It also has quite a wobbly ride.

The N300 Tacoma was actually decontented over the prior models and considerably cheapened over the prior truck. Thing is, the N300 isn't an all new design IIRC, it's just a heavily modified previous model; Toyota apparently decided that since there was little perceived (by them) competition for it at the time, they weren't going to bother with a complete redesign (much like they tried with the prior generation Corolla). That has turned out to be a less than ideal decision; they began restoring the lost content like missing steering wheel functions starting with MY2018. Word is that there will be major changes coming to the interior and such for 2021, along with the anticipated and much delayed 6th gen 4Runner's arrival.

Those taillights on the Sulan look quite a bit like Opel Omega/Vauxhall Carlton ones...
And you are CORRECT.
maxresdefault.jpg

When the Omega was unavailable, they switched to Astra tail lights.

I actually prefer that seating position to how modern cars do it, I find it much more comfortable to hold my foot in one position for longer drives.

For those of us with 14(US) feet, it just means our toes hit the dash and we have to drive with our ankle cocked out sideways. The Tacoma was designed for a tiny Japanese test driver.

For those of us with 14(US) feet, it just means our toes hit the dash and we have to drive with our ankle cocked out sideways. The Tacoma was designed for a tiny Japanese test driver.
Next time you're in the area, you should compare that to my 4R with the E92 seats in it. :D

I found the big foot! That's just the problem of pedal box size really. Mustang has the legs in front seating position and it has enough space for someone your size (I got a friend in similar predicament as you).

Yeah, I've only got size 13s but I have no issues with foot or legroom in the front of the new Mustangs. The same cannot be said for @Der Stig 's GX470 where I can't even fit my feet straight in the toe box for his passenger seat.

Yeah, I've only got size 13s but I have no issues with foot or legroom in the front of the new Mustangs. The same cannot be said for @Der Stig 's GX470 where I can't even fit my feet straight in the toe box for his passenger seat.

His GX has that weird offset passenger footwell resulting from them jamming all the luxo-tech add ons into that generation of Land Cruiser Prados that wasn’t really intended to have them. My 4R doesn’t have nearly as many even though it was loaded for the day and was built on the previous generation Land Cruiser Prado.

I wouldn't even say there's an issue with the offset. There's just not enough height down there where my toes would naturally be with my feet in front of me. Definitely too much stuff crammed under and behind the glovebox.

I actually prefer that seating position to how modern cars do it, I find it much more comfortable to hold my foot in one position for longer drives.

I always travel around with my pet and we both enjoyed it very much. Now that he is a little older I'm thinking of getting her one of these pet carriers which is a convenient solution for traveling with your pet. Ideal for both cats and dogs, these carriers promote bonding and companionship between pets and their owners. Equipped with a breathable mesh net, your dog or cat will be comfortable while inside. I agree with you. :)

Last edited:
His GX has that weird offset passenger footwell resulting from them jamming all the luxo-tech add ons into that generation of Land Cruiser Prados that wasn’t really intended to have them. My 4R doesn’t have nearly as many even though it was loaded for the day and was built on the previous generation Land Cruiser Prado.
I may or may not have been browsing used FJ100 series Land Cruisers today...

I may or may not have been browsing used FJ100 series Land Cruisers today...

Cheapest option on those is the Lexus LX variant. The buying public that raves over the LC badged version still doesn't seem to have figured out the Lexus version is the same truck...

Ah, see, those names (Sulan, Demec, Engerauto) are coachbuilders.
You buy a F-1000 and send it to be fitted with an extended cab or whatever you want, therefore you have such diversity of graphics, colors, windows, etc.

Wait wait, you can still BUY an F1000? I mean like brand new?

I would like a brand new off the factory floor bog standard Fifth to Eight generation ish F series single cab in RWD and as dreary a colour as you can imagine to drive arround in 2019 PC gone mad yurape with please.

Wait wait, you can still BUY an F1000? I mean like brand new?

I would like a brand new off the factory floor bog standard Fifth to Eight generation ish F series single cab in RWD and as dreary a colour as you can imagine to drive arround in 2019 PC gone mad yurape with please.
1998 was the last year they were produced.

Dangit!

Would have been to cool anyway.