The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Purge of undocumented workers by the president’s company spreads to at least 5 Trump golf courses

He has had these employees for years and it was fine. Now he is cleaning house because he knows this will bite him.

By the way, before anyone can claim that I am for laws being broken, I am all for the appropriate people be charged with crimes, including those that allowed them to be employed there in the first place. This includes the man that visited there to play golf on a regular basis, and owns the properties.

Last edited:
We must never ignore the vile poison of anti-Semitism, or those who spread its venomous creed

This coming from the guy who hired a fake doctor and fake anti terrorism expert but who was an actual literal fucking nazi to work for him in the White House. Yes, remember Sebastian Gorka? The fuck who couldn't get security clearance so he was being paid 155k per year to sit around drinking coffee before going on Fox to defend his boss.

If people put their infantile hatred of Trump aside, I don't see how any pragmatic intelligent person can disagree with anything he said.
(I watched the whole thing live)

It is hard to agree with lies, and at best, half truths. Among them:

In June, I commuted Alice’s sentence. When I saw Alice’s beautiful family greet her at the prison gates, hugging and kissing and crying and laughing, I knew I did something right. Alice is with us tonight, and she is a terrific woman. Terrific. Alice, please. (Applause.)

I doubt he was anywhere near the prison gates.

Tonight I am asking you to defend our very dangerous southern border out of love and devotion to our fellow citizens and to our country. No issue better illustrates the divide between America’s working class and America’s political class than illegal immigration. Wealthy politicians and donors push for open borders while living their lives behind walls and gates and guards. (Applause.)

He continues to say the wall will stop drugs and crime, especially along the border. The border areas are among the safest according to FBI statistics. The DEA statistics show most drugs come through ports of entry.

He also had to have Eric and Don Jr. get rid of all the illegals he had working for him. Something like half of his winter staff was working without proper paperwork.

An opposition quote about the Southern border:

As for the “state of our Southern border,” mayors along the Southwest border consistently say that their communities are among the safest in the nation. McAllen, Texas, Mayor Jim Darling asserted that his city is the third safest in Texas, according to FBI crime statistics, and seventh safest in the nation. “Send social workers to process the asylum-seekers, not soldiers,” Darling said in a recent call with reporters. Eddie Trevino, Cameron County judge in Brownsville, added, "It is a misconception that the border is insecure. There is no Central American invasion. This is a manufactured crisis.”

The border city of El Paso, Texas, used to have extremely high rates of violent crime, one of the highest in the entire country, and considered one of our nation’s most dangerous cities. Now, immediately upon its building, with a powerful barrier in place, El Paso is one of the safest cities in our country. Simply put, walls work and walls save lives. (Applause.)

This is one of those things that seems to be a fallacy the President holds dear. From Factcheck.org:

President Donald Trump falsely claimed that El Paso went from “one of the most dangerous cities in the country to one of the safest cities in the country overnight” after “a wall was put up” along the Mexico border.

Here are the facts:

• El Paso has never been “one of the most dangerous cities in the country.” The city had the third lowest violent crime rate among 35 U.S. cities with a population over 500,000 in 2005, 2006 and 2007 – before construction of a 57-mile-long fence started in mid-2008.
  • There was no “overnight” drop in violent crimes in El Paso after “a wall was put up.” In fact, the city’s violent crime rate increased 5.5 percent from 2007 to 2010 — the years before and after construction of the fence, which was completed in mid-2009.
  • Along with the rest of the country, El Paso’s violent crime rate spiked in the early 1990s and has been trending downward ever since. The city’s violent crime rate dropped 62 percent from its peak in 1993 to 2007, a year before construction on the fence began.
El Paso has long been a relatively safe city, even though it sits just across the Rio Grande River from sister city Ciudad Juarez, one of the most dangerous cities not only in Mexico, but in all of the world.

According to the Uniform Crime Reports from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the violent crime rate in El Paso historically has been well below the rate in other big cities in Texas, such as Houston, Dallas and Forth Worth, and has consistently been well below the national average for cities with 500,000 or more residents.

El Paso has had the lowest murder rate among the state’s six largest cities nearly every single year going back to 1985 (the earliest available year in the UCR’s online data tool, which goes through 2014). Its murder rate during that span was regularly four and five times lower than the rates in Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth. And for decades, it has had a murder rate far below the average among other large U.S. cities.

Crime did spike in El Paso in the early 1990s — as it did throughout the U.S. — peaking in 1993. That year, the violent crime rate for El Paso was 1,101.7 per 100,000 population. In the ensuing years, the violent crime rate began trending downward in keeping with the national trend, as our chart below shows.

It is because of this that a pragmatic and intelligent person would have to disagree with what he said.

Definition of pragmatic

1 : relating to matters of fact or practical affairs often to the exclusion of intellectual or artistic matters : practical as opposed to idealistic

Teleprompter Trump sounds reasonable. Let's wait to see what Twitter Trump actually believes.

That is another one of Trump's little fibs. The number is a bit less than 4 million, but don't let a million bother you at all.

Every politician lies and exaggerates, lets focus on the big picture, America is doing great.

If the democrats stopped acting like the worst losers in history and worked with the republicans they could solve every problem in America.

The problem is that the republicans want to focus on the bullshit made up problems such as a wall which wouldn't keep anyone out even if it was built, choosing to generate losses greater than the cost of said wall in a child tantrum-like government shutdown, instead on focusing on the bigger issues. Last time America was doing great was around 2008, don't forget that, and what happened after a double republican government of "let's let Wall Street do whatever the fuck it wants.

Also, record levels of thawing in ice all over the world, wilder and more unpredictable weather, record highs in every damn place on earth and a bunch of idiots saying climate change is a Chinese hoax.

There is something called a compromise, had he gotten the wall I am pretty sure the "dreamers" could have gotten to stay (permanently), win-win, and a lot cheaper than a shut-down.
Except he didn't propose that, it was a short-term hold on deportations and those without documentation were unlikely to go for it since their trust had been betrayed in the past. It also funded that boondogle wall of his, which is a total waste of money.

This is some sort of Comedy Central parody of Republican positions. Let's see...

Physical border barriers work. They work in the many countries where we've built them and they work in, say, Israel, where illegal crossings fell from something like 50k iirc to zero. Furthermore, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton have all supported a physical barrier in the past.

What you aren't saying is that Israel also has invaded an occupied land to create a no-man's land around their original borders, that doing so has fueled decades of terrorist attacks, that they have systemically violated the human rights of the Palestinians, that their border fence is patrolled by armored military ground forces, drones, aircraft, and is equipped with an array of sensors -- oh, and the Palestinians just tunnel under it.

The 2008 collapse is rooted in Clinton-era deregulation of banks. Then it was under Obama that banks and credit rating agencies got off without even a slap on the wrist for what was basically fraud.

Bullshit, that started under Bush, not Clinton. Deregulation of the banking industry has been part of the GOP platform for decades and it remains so today.

Finally, I don't think anyone is really denying that the climate is changing...

Bullshit.

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/527388136306143232

Bullshit

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/656100109386674176

Bullshit

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/567105378132172800

Bullshit

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/566815101349810176

And that's before we get to any of his appointees.

The disagreement is over a) how much humans have contributed to it, and b) whether or not we can get a fair deal with other countries to act so we're not getting screwed. For example, back in the 90s Kyoto would've had us pay a ton while Russia, China, and India could keep polluting as much as they wanted - terrible deal. Even today even though Trump pulled out of the Paris Accord, the US is leading in terms of pollution reduction so isn't that the ultimate goal?

CO2 emissions are up for the first time since efforts started to reduce greenhouse gasses. Our emissions were down because of Obama-era policies and and incentives, we are now seeing that trend reverse thank's to Trump's domestic policy of "Break everything Obama touched".

You want an economic solution? Stop subsidizing fossil fuels and the muilti-billion-dollar companies that don't need it. Those companies were created with subsidies as upstarts, it's time to do that for green energy. The fact is that renewable and clean energy is the future, we can either start now and be on the leading edge of that change, or be left in the past, playing bystander to China, India, Europe, and even South America.

It's also important to note that China has done more to reduce their pollution levels than we have. In the same amount of time, I've watched the pool of shitty air in my city stay exactly the same, listening to the air quality report to see if I can go outside, while China met their 2020 CO2 goal 2 years early.