The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Pissed about what? Again, are they factoring in the decrease in taxes throughout the year? If you pay less taxes of course your refund will be less, seems pretty obvious, so the key here is to compare tax savings over the whole year to the decrease in refund. I just don't understand how this tax break can be a net negative mathematically but I'll let your know once I file.

Problem is not Trump's pay cuts or changes in deductions, problem is ridiculously overcomplicated tax code. Unless you do a ton of research or actually consult with a CPA it's very difficult to properly set up your exemptions. Additionally if that lady expected her tax returns to pay for her property taxes, she is doing it wrong.

That still doesn't answer the basic question though. They get close to addressing it with the SC woman but then they fail. What does "her pay jumped $1000" mean? Is that per year? Per month? Biweekly? In any event, her pay increased but she kept the withholding the same, of course that's going to affect her refund. My pay increased in 2018 but so did my withholdings...

It clearly says "Her pay jumped $1000 for 2018". So that means she got a small raise and over the course of the year it adds up to $1000.

I posted this as an example of pissed, not for her exact story.

As would George Washington, Andrew Johnson, and Dwight Eisenhower.

Apparently there is an agreement on the budget that includes funding for the border "barrier".

$1.35 billion for "bollard fencing". I don't think Trump will sign it, but we will see.

The whole wall thing is a waste of money. There are lots of uses for 5 billion dollars that would be far better.

Instead of beating a dead horse, does anyone actually think that Trump will lose in 2020, the candidates so far are ridiculous, they don't stand a chance, Trump will tear them to shreds. It's like they all try to "out-left" each other, are they completely out of touch with reality?

How come no-one is clever enough to run as a moderate democrat? Its surely the only way to even stand a chance.

These are moderates. The problem is the Rebuplicans have shifted the field so far right that it's hard to know where the center is anymore.

Or27DpJ.png

That's just a waste of money, those are easily climbable.
As opposed to the other kind of fence/wall/barrier that has magical ladder repellant baked in.

So according to you, border fences are ineffective because people go over or under them. Glad you finally came around on that. Combine that with the fact that the vast majority of drugs come through ports of entry and that most illegal immigrants are here on expired visas...it's almost like this wall thing doesn't make any sense.

It's irrelevant now anyway, at this point the GOP is just trying to negotiate terms of Trump's surrender. He might get a token amount of money, but nothing even close to his asking amount, and the bit he does get will come with strings attached.