2019 F1 Season thread

that was an awesome race!!!!
such bad luck for LeClerc though, he really deserved that win!
and so it was business as usual.....in the end Lewis wins :D

he lucked into the win, but didn't steal it though, he really had to fight and fought well to be in the position to take advantage of the situation
which brings us to vettel....you crashed again, mate?? maybe grosjean should pass on the phonenumber of his psychologist?

After what we saw in testing, it's really bizarre to see the standings look like this after the first 2 rounds:

IMIRfI5.jpg

Ferrari is cursed, I think. Maybe Mick will bring some good luck...

He didn't do too badly, but I doubt he'll race.

Last race was jam packed full of action. So gutted for Leclerc, heartbreaking.

What a snooze fest that hyped up 1000th GP was. Called everything from the start with the exception of yet another Ferrari strategy fuck up. I still don't understand, with 33 seconds gap to the next car behind, why don't they pit Leclerc for the softest compound available and make him gun for the fastest lap.

What a snooze fest that hyped up 1000th GP was. Called everything from the start with the exception of yet another Ferrari strategy fuck up. I still don't understand, with 33 seconds gap to the next car behind, why don't they pit Leclerc for the softest compound available and make him gun for the fastest lap.

Who knows, maybe it's because Sebastian had the fastest lap right up until Gasley took it on the last lap.

100% a 2017/18 race. Just boooooooring and predictable.

what was ferrari thinking?
time and time again vettel showed he cracks under pressure, the last thing they need to do it make leclerc go out of the way for the ferrari number 1
make vettel fight him! give him a chance to regain his confidence! i think the team orders do more harm than good in these situations

if vettel is owned by leclerc over the course of the year...i wouldn't be surprised if vettel retires...

When they told him to let Vettel past, Vettel was the faster driver. turned out he was only a few tenths faster and had a bit of trouble when he finally got in the free air but it wasn't a terrible call to make.
The problem isn't that they let Vettel be a few tenths quicker it's the strategy that they gave Charles afterwards which saw him lose many, many positions... one position. He lost a whole position.
But of course it's been open season on Vettel since I can't even remember when so no one is really bothered about that. I think people were too naive to think that Leclerc would come in and clean Vettel's clock or even be allowed to clean Vettel's clock. #Shouldvekeptkimi

A whole lot of carnage and the race hasn't even started. I have a feeling Vettel may tangle with the Mercs early. If Mercedes gets another 1-2 finish... it would be a shame to call the entire season by race 4, but Lewis already has a 31 point gap on Vettel, with Mercedes having a 57 point lead over Ferrari. If the red cars don't show some of that preseason testing pace soon, it's over.

Last edited:
Well that ended up being mostly anti-climatic. Another Mercedes 1-2 with Ferrari 3rd and 5th. Mercedes just too dominant on a cold(er) track.

Mercedes has the WCC locked up and either Lewis or Valteri will be WDC.

Ferrari might as well just focus on 2020 if not 2021 as I think Mercedes will take it all next year, as well at this point. No reason to spend money developing the 2019 car now that the season is over. They should be able to keep Red Bull and Max at bay even just developmentally treading water for the remainder.

Mercedes has this season in the bag. I'm so sick and tired of hearing them talk about how Ferrari will best them this time, and that Mercedes isn't as fast as they look, et cetera.

This season is so boring! Four Mercedes 1-2s in four races, and we didn't even get a safety car during the Baku race.

So I got up this morning and made some breakfast, then sat down to watch the race only to find that my DVR decided to glitch out for the first time in over a year. After resetting it, I discovered the race was not recorded at all. Which was a bummer, since I figured this would be one of the few races this year that was actually worth watching. But after reading up on what happened, it doesn't seem like I missed much. Which is a shame.

I have to agree with the guys above, it seems like this season is a write off for Ferrari and the WCC. I will root for Valtteri, just like I rooted for Nico, but it's hard to see Lewis as anything other than the favorite.

Never has there been 4 1-2s in the first 4 races of the season.
What I really wished is that Mercedes and specially Toto Wolff would own up to the favoritism. Every race is the same broken record "Ferrari are the faster car, we are playing catch up". Like we are idiots or something. If his speech was something more like "We are the team to beat and we love the competition" would sound a lot more sincere.

As for Baku, the first race ever there was a borefest. It was like everyone was tippy-toeing and careful during the race.
Then after the initial fears went away, second race, all out, carnage. Third race the same. By this one, the fourth, people have understood all out is not a good strategy so, back to being careful.
Said it before, will say it again, take this abomination off the calendar.

very race is the same broken record "Ferrari are the faster car, we are playing catch up". Like we are idiots or something.

I honestly feel like they do this to motivate Lewis. Remember all the times Hamilton complains about some tiny problem with his car during the race, goes on to win, and talks about how he overcame this huge thing and still managed to win? He needs to be the hero of his own story, and feel like the forces of racing are working against him, in order to race his best.

IMO.

Never has there been 4 1-2s in the first 4 races of the season.
What I really wished is that Mercedes and specially Toto Wolff would own up to the favoritism. Every race is the same broken record "Ferrari are the faster car, we are playing catch up". Like we are idiots or something. If his speech was something more like "We are the team to beat and we love the competition" would sound a lot more sincere.

if only ferrari stopped being faster in FP than in Quali/the race! :lol:

even though he crashed, leclerc was (again) the better ferrari driver...
but i also feel like there isn't a single performance worth mentioning (who got driver of the day?)
once the lights went out everyone thought "i just have to finish"...

8 races with 8 different winners... maybe I should be watching Formula E instead of 1... this race looked FAR more exciting:

8 races with 8 different winners... maybe I should be watching Formula E instead of 1... this race looked FAR more exciting:

No, that's the other extreme. Formula E is now a category which is failing to deliver on its early promise. It has become nothing more than a crash circus. Yes, every race a different winner, many times not down to skill but just luck of the draw. Crashes, very bad overtaking moves and circuits that are not circuits. I feel like F-E has what it needs to be a proper racing series but forcing every race to be in a tight walled city circuit just doesn't do it for me.

but put them on a 10m wide race track, and it wouldn't work either...

i like FE as a gimmick (just like i'm sure i'll be watching roborace once it starts), but it has some serious problems indeed

It seems to me that they want to be taken seriously as a racing series...