Post your random dashcam videos thread

Whatever the hell this was....

They are more important than everyone else.

What did he say to you? I can't quite make it out.

No clue. He was mumbling. In retrospect I wonder if he was DUI. Or maybe just a moron who can’t enunciate.

[video]

I like your electronic signs, they look fancy while still looking like a traditional sign.

I like your electronic signs, they look fancy while still looking like a traditional sign.

The overhead one is a bit rare. It’s only on a small section of interstate 90 between Chicago and Elgin. I’ve only seen it in areas around Seattle Washington but those had speed limits like in Germany. The one on i90 is only functional when there’s road incidents telling motorists which lane is blocked.

Installed an A119S a few days ago. I think I need to remount it because there's a large reflection of my dashboard that seems to be really messing with the clarity. Plates more than one car away are just about impossible to make out. Here are a few sample photos:

Clarity of license plate issues? Those plates are clear as day. Probably the best you can get out of a budget dashcam.

As far as reflection, there isn't much you can do short of getting a polarizing filter. https://www.amazon.com/Spytec-A11CPL-Circular-Polarizing-Reflections/dp/B01NAD4MZP
I should be able to make out the plates on the further-out cars in these pics:

you are such a fucking prick behind the wheel!
you see him coming, fucking move over and give him the space to merge!

everyone has to break because you are approaching, but you don't take anyone else into account?

you are such a fucking prick behind the wheel!
you see him coming, fucking move over and give him the space to merge!
I usually don't have a problem moving over... when there aren't other cars in the left lane.

everyone has to break because you are approaching, but you don't take anyone else into account?
Not everyone, just those with yield signs who are legally obligated to give me the right of way and when they are merging onto a major route into my direct path.

Better question would be why you think I have to slam on the brakes and risk getting rear-ended when I see some obliviot ignoring signs, not checking mirrors, and trying to cut me off. They didn't even bother getting up to the speed of traffic while on the on-ramp.

you don't have to slam on the brakes, you have to move over!
there was loads of space behind that kuga...

you don't have to slam on the brakes, you have to move over!
there was loads of space behind that kuga...
I should've cut off the other car in the left lane closing in from behind? :hmm:

Every single morning on my way to work I merge onto a highway where I do not have my own lane and I'm merging into the right lane of said highway. Predictably there is a yield sign at the end of the on-ramp, since I'm merging into existing traffic. Over the last 2.5yrs that I've had this commute, I've never cut anyone off or forced them to move over or brake - if I have room to merge, I merge, otherwise I slow down (or even stop!) and wait for a gap to merge into. The majority of drivers do the same thing, I see it all the time and it's never an issue. This one driver decided to not slow down at all and somehow that makes me a "fucking prick"? Nah, I don't think so.

@bone merging should work the way it did this morning. I was in the right lane again, cars merging from the left, more cars in the left lane. One merging car had room to merge and had already accelerated to match the speed of traffic - they merged in front of me with no issue. The next merging car did not have enough room to merge so they slowed down and went behind me. Perfect!