Random Thoughts....

A friend of mine just temporarily relocated from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to McKinley Park, Alaska. Drove his JK Wrangler filled with his stuff all the way, but with a caveat - no GPS at all. Paper maps the whole way. Seems like a really fun trip. He'll be moving back around October, and I'm debating flying out and joining him for at least part of the trip back.
Do it, and tell me your planned itinerary through BC (if any) or Alberta. I can make road recommendations.

Speaking of "do not want" how goes the Commodore?
After sitting for about a month because I was annoyed with the fucking thing, it's now at my mechanic.

Also, my cell phone is currently AWOL, the fact my apartment looks like a disaster area probably doesn't help.

tumble weed

Where is everyone? :’(

Extended family parties are weird. Was just at my grandmas birthday party in NYC, saw a cousin that I haven’t seen in forever. She was talking about applying to college. Blew my mind because in my mind she was still 5 years old. Funny how time works.

Telegram. You know this.
I was hoping people would come back here once the forums returned to functionality. Telegram is great for live Ringmeet coordination, but having one giant long stream of consciousness for everything else sucks.

This is true. It's why I currently have over 3000 unread messages there. Unless I get pinged, I only flick through the most recent comments on my lock screen.

I disabled notifications for the entire thing. So I only go there while bored or when I want to annoy someone. :p

sweet feathery fuck you're alive!

My random thought of the day was "god I miss being able to talk about cars with people".

Apparently I still remembered my password. Hi anyone who remembers me I remember a lot of you.

Yup, we’re mostly still here. Some rather unfortunate absences from our ranks, though. :(

My random thought of the day was "god I miss being able to talk about cars with people".

Apparently I still remembered my password. Hi anyone who remembers me I remember a lot of you.
Recent events brought about your name.
Glad to hear you're OK.

Yup, we’re mostly still here. Some rather unfortunate absences from our ranks, though. :(
Yeah I wasn't expecting the front page to make me cry RIP. I wish I had come back sooner.

Recent events brought about your name.
Glad to hear you're OK.
Yeah it took me until like 2015 for the doctors to figure out what was wrong (I apparently have a genetic condition called EDS that meant my bones just sort of fall out of their sockets, since it includes my spine it messed my nerves up and I also have something called dysautonomia) but I have FINALLY clawed my way back up to at least basic functioning. The bug (yes of course I have the bug still) still only has like 30k miles on it because I was too sick to drive it.

I ended up having to apply for disability but I am at least good enough to be able to actually live again and I hope eventually to be able to at least work part time again. I'm looking into auto repair voc classes to at least be able to maintain the bug myself as a project car because it is technically totalled from all the broken parts at this point.

Thankfully this however is because rhe bug is absolutely worthless it's worth maybe 1000$ now which means it is worth a lot more as a running car then I could get for money, so I can justify keeping it as a project car, and getting a new car.

So I did. And here is my new beautiful baby ?

Attachments

• 20190313_205149.jpg
    20190313_205149.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
Yeah it took me until like 2015 for the doctors to figure out what was wrong (I apparently have a genetic condition called EDS that meant my bones just sort of fall out of their sockets, since it includes my spine it messed my nerves up and I also have something called dysautonomia) but I have FINALLY clawed my way back up to at least basic functioning. The bug (yes of course I have the bug still) still only has like 30k miles on it because I was too sick to drive it.

I ended up having to apply for disability but I am at least good enough to be able to actually live again and I hope eventually to be able to at least work part time again. I'm looking into auto repair voc classes to at least be able to maintain the bug myself as a project car because it is technically totalled from all the broken parts at this point.

Thankfully this however is because rhe bug is absolutely worthless it's worth maybe 1000$ now which means it is worth a lot more as a running car then I could get for money, so I can justify keeping it as a project car, and getting a new car.

Good choice!

Son of a taint, it's katwalk!

Just out of curiosity, what type of Ehler-Danlos do you have?
Also, the 500 is PERFECT. If any modern car is a follow-up to the beetle, it's the 500.
Hated by many, loved by a few. :LOL:

I just noticed it's an Abarth. Good choice.

Just out of curiosity, what type of Ehler-Danlos do you have?
Also, the 500 is PERFECT. If any modern car is a follow-up to the beetle, it's the 500.
Hated by many, loved by a few. :LOL:

I just noticed it's an Abarth. Good choice.
Hypermobile type. Which you think they would have noticed given how ridiculously double jointed I am. I have to go the the chiropractor every week to have my spine put back :LOL:

And YEAH after the bug I did not want something so painfully slow anymore that it felt like I would die merging onto the highway. I had been lusting after abarths for years and blew a big chunk of savings on a middlife crisis birthday gift to myself.

Somewhat hilariously though... it almost feels like a waste on public roads? I really need to find local groups that do track days. The beetle sucking had an interesting trade off: I could push far enough to see the limits. The max speed the bug can take a corner the abarth can shrug off. There is something real fun about that too. I'm glad the beetle is only worth like 5$ so I can justify keeping it lol.